Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Might & Magic Elemental Guardians Announced for Mobile Devices - MMORPG.com News

ShelassaShelassa MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 616
edited March 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageMight & Magic Elemental Guardians Announced for Mobile Devices - MMORPG.com News

If you've been missing the Might & Magic IP, you may be interested to hear that Ubisoft has announced Might & Magic Elemental Guardians for mobile devices. Further, Ubi revealed the pre-registrations for the game are currently being accepted and fans who do will receive a special in-game reward.

Read the full story here

[Deleted User]

Comments

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    That art style is not what I'd expect something called Might & Magic to look like.
    KyleranThunder073[Deleted User]

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    I´l pass on it until i see the microtransaction scheme...
    Thunder073infomatz

This have been a good conversation

• aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 620
    Its your typical Summoners War or Heroes Charge type mobile game. So I would assume it would be monetized the same as others like it. There are plenty of Youtube videos of gameplay if anyone is interested, its only just not releasing here in the US until May, others are already playing it.
    Thunder073
  • jgDuffayjgDuffay Member UncommonPosts: 237
    will there be a battle royal mode ?
    SBFordKyleranThunder073PottedPlant22Manasu
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Yea there is deceptively a lack of information here.

So we can conclude our own opinions.Level up your team...hmm
    Level up your Avatar,that sounds typical.

Seeing how there has been VERY little thinking in the mobile industry,most games are doing very similar cash shops,i expect the same here.

So the whole cash sink will revolve around leveling up your team,which is separate from your Avatar.The only way it gets worse is if they have two separate cash grinds for both Avatar and team,that would really be a lol and two thumbs down to Ubisoft.

Thunder073

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• kaz350kaz350 Member UncommonPosts: 130
    i enjoy these types of games but never on my phone. I always play them on a Andriod emulator on my 2nd or 3rd screen. Pretty fun distraction
    Thunder073LionShard
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Its another terrible bastardization of one of my favorite old time IPs.

A pox on Ubisoft.  

;)
    ScorchienThunder073LionShardmklinic[Deleted User]PottedPlant22QSatuManasu

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Kyleran said:
    Its another terrible bastardization of one of my favorite old time IPs.

A pox on Ubisoft.  

;)
    Dam it .. sure looks it
    Thunder073
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Might & Magic this is not....

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Thunder073
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• barasawabarasawa Member UncommonPosts: 618
    So it's not actually a M&M game, but rather more of a loose spinoff of a HOMM game instead.
    Thunder073[Deleted User]

Lost my mind, now trying to lose yours...

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    Looks pretty cool, I still like SW art style and character design more though.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

tawess said:

I´l pass on it until i see the microtransaction scheme...

Why? Are some mobile game MTs better than others? lol
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• drkmgicdrkmgic Member UncommonPosts: 18
    ewww ubisoft
  • PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 800
    This is a game that is obviously not geared towards me. Hopefully it's not a cash grab because I'm pretty sure this is not for adults.
  • ElderknightElderknight Member UncommonPosts: 322
    wow, how the Might and Magic name has fallen, that looks horrible.
    Kyleran
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    That's not Might & Magic.
    Kyleran
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    They did it this way likely to try to bring in New and younger fans to the IP. If it is fun I see no reason to down it just yet.
  • sschruppsschrupp Member UncommonPosts: 684
    Maybe they meant to put Bright & Tragic instead of Might & Magic? I've got nothing against those types of games, but how the heck does that have anything to do with Might & Magic?

If it IS them trying to bring in new and younger fans to the IP I fear what the next REAL Might & Magic game will be like. I'm imagining an action game with some colorful, plump, bouncy fairy going around booping cute, colorful, plump, bouncy wolves on the nose with a giant cherry that makes a cute *WEE-HEE* noise strapped on a candy cane stick. Welcome to the next Might & Magic!