Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Albion Online - Lancelot Update is Released! (Sponsored) - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageAlbion Online - Lancelot Update is Released! (Sponsored) - MMORPG.com

Lancelot, the third major post-launch content update for Albion Online, is now live! But what’s new?

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    Now that fishing is out of the way they can focus on the next major content; grocery shopping and picking kids from kindergarten.
    BluefishViper482marganculosspeedylegs8Ozmodandjnj2000FarshadTdarkheartsDJStavrosJamesGoblin
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,870

Now that fishing is out of the way they can focus on the next major content; grocery shopping and picking kids from kindergarten.

Or the update where they make it a game with a reasonably good combat system
    Ozmodanchocolate42069Enik
  • danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    Just another WO PVP full loot game that will have a hard cap on population.
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    It was actually well done imo, just nothing to do but grind (pvp sucks) and the maps are waaaaay too small.
    chocolate42069JamesGoblin
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    edited March 2018
    Albion is coming along nicely IMHO. I wasn't a fan until my most recent return. I really like how they split PvE and PvP. Reminds me of EVE sectors. I will continue playing for at least a while longer.
    BruceYeeMadFrenchieOzmodanZenJelly[Deleted User]chocolate42069JamesGoblin

Joined - July 2004

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited March 2018
    Best advice I can give is just wait for Crow Fall, a much more better developed game, the character models are a lot better than Albion, the whole housing system is better, and most importantly after speaking with some of the Partners / developers on their forums, you won't get banned for inadvertently getting involved in a trade with someone who commit fraud unlike with Albion you risk your account still based on the Terms & Conditions, and you can't freely trade items without anything they define as Equal Value or you risk banned too, Crow Fall has "RMT" illegal, but said they actually investigate issues, and you are free to trade and give away anything you like as long as you don't do it for Real Money unlike in Albion.

Albion was a great concept during Alpha, but a good example of a game ruined by developers same thing like Face OF Mankind which still has players who like the game to this day. Edit: https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/84720-12-03-Exploit-Warning-Laborer-Journals-and-Salvaging/?postID=767141#post767141 This came with the new update, bugs and exploits and threats to ban users who who may not have been aware it was a bug until they called it and were made aware, again this happens because of improper testing and thinking of the development team.
    Post edited by Renoaku on
    OzmodanZenJellychocolate42069GdemamiJamesGoblin
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    This is just my opinion and I'm sure many people don't feel the same but I think they should focus more on PVE. I think the progression system if you only do PVE activities is currently one of the best because it's a long road and you feel your strength increasing as you level up. I think it would bring in a few players if they figured out a way to create a separate endgame for just PVE'ers who don't want to ever PVP.
    darkhearts[Deleted User]
  • alamirkurdialamirkurdi Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Play BDO. its much better.
    Ozmodan
  • darkheartsdarkhearts Member UncommonPosts: 159

BruceYee said:

This is just my opinion and I'm sure many people don't feel the same but I think they should focus more on PVE. I think the progression system if you only do PVE activities is currently one of the best because it's a long road and you feel your strength increasing as you level up. I think it would bring in a few players if they figured out a way to create a separate endgame for just PVE'ers who don't want to ever PVP.

I bought the game knowing it was PvP but came for PvE. Problem I found was there was too much cheese. People would wait for a low level gatherer to spend an hour outside then gank them at the door. Not sure what they've done since the first month but I doubt I'll come back unless I see it become more pve friendly.
    chocolate42069Ozmodan
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,992
    edited March 2018
    "Lancelot will bring brand-new 2v2 Hellgates with full-loot rules, offering players easy access to spontaneous small-scale PvP."

That's the end of any other PvP then, unless other forms of PvP give different rewards. The developers must know that if you introduce a "easy access" PvP system, any other form of PvP that is not so easy to access dies off.

This has happened so many times before you would have to have you head stuck in the sand not to realise it. More generally it is golden rule; if you bring in a system that makes something easier, other systems that remain that are harder go south very quickly.
    Gdemami
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Scot said:
    "Lancelot will bring brand-new 2v2 Hellgates with full-loot rules, offering players easy access to spontaneous small-scale PvP."

That's the end of any other PvP then, unless other forms of PvP give different rewards. The developers must know that if you introduce a "easy access" PvP system, any other form of PvP that is not so easy to access dies off.

This has happened so many times before you would have to have you head stuck in the sand not to realise it. More generally it is golden rule; if you bring in a system that makes something easier, other systems that remain that are harder go south very quickly.
    Well, you are completely wrong.

Lancelot is finally giving new life to this game and is step in right direction.

Although the game is PVP game - it must focus on PVE content and casual content. Because without casuals the game does not have enough population, HC players dont have what to do and hunt, and leave.

It is proven time and time over. And many PVP games died because of that.

Lesson is simple

WIthout sheep, the wolves will leave.
    Nepheth

• BalticthunderBalticthunder Member UncommonPosts: 58

Lesson is simple

Another simple lesson:

With wolves around sheep will leave or die out. With no sheep around wolves will adapt and turn into vegetarians.
    Scot
    edited March 2018
    Scot said:

Lancelot is finally giving new life to this game and is step in right direction.

Although the game is PVP game - it must focus on PVE content and casual content. Because without casuals the game does not have enough population, HC players dont have what to do and hunt, and leave.

Lesson is simple

I am not sure you have followed what I am saying, you are talking about PvE, about how the game must focus on that. I am not saying the game should not focus on PvE, I am simply pointing out what happens when you introduce a easier system into a game. Other elements of gameplay which are harder will suffer.

Just one example, SWTOR had a PvP arena region, once they introduced PvP minibattles which you pressed a button to join, then the arena died very quickly. The only way to avoid that happening is to give different rewards.

So its not the balance of PvP to PvE that I am talking about, purely what happens when you introduce a system that is easier to use. I don't play the game, but I do agree you need sheep and wolves, no question of that.
    ScorchienGdemamiJamesGoblin
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited March 2018
    Scot said:
    Scot said:

Lesson is simple

I am not sure you have followed what I am saying, you are talking about PvE, about how the game must focus on that. I am not saying the game should not focus on PvE, I am simply pointing out what happens when you introduce a easier system into a game. Other elements of gameplay which are harder will suffer.

Just one example, SWTOR had a PvP arena region, once they introduced PvP minibattles which you pressed a button to join, then the arena died very quickly. The only way to avoid that happening is to give different rewards.

So its not the balance of PvP to PvE that I am talking about, purely what happens when you introduce a system that is easier to use. I don't play the game, but I do agree you need sheep and wolves, no question of that.
      man , this rang so true with Warhammer , and we warned them not to do sceanrios and offer currency to purchase the same Lakes(RvR) gear .. I played War to RR93 and never did a SC .. and SCs were the driving force in the Death of War with the currency and Gear offerd IMO .. Everyone just stood in town Quein instead of being in the RvR Lakes you built the entire game around .. Was so fuggin stupid ...

And if they would of listened and had all gear drop in Lakes at a very low(and all Tradeable) % rate it would have kept the Lakes full and drove the Economy (which also was a Failure) .. The SCs only needed to award a small xp and Gold reward .. FOr practice .. Thx MJ
    Scot
    Scorchien said:
    Scot said:
    Scot said:

Lesson is simple

man , this rang so true with Warhammer , and we warned them not to do sceanrios and offer currency to purchase the same Lakes(RvR) gear .. I played War to RR93 and never did a SC .. and SCs were the driving force in the Death of War with the currency and Gear offerd IMO .. Everyone just stood in town Quein instead of being in the RvR Lakes you built the entire game around .. Was so fuggin stupid ...

And if they would of listened and had all gear drop in Lakes at a very low(and all Tradeable) % rate it would have kept the Lakes full and drove the Economy (which also was a Failure) .. The SCs only needed to award a small xp and Gold reward .. FOr practice .. Thx MJ

WH was the other classic example I always think of. This has happened a number of times in big name MMOs, bringing in a easier system makes the harder systems second rate in player eyes. Players may even enjoy the harder methods, but the shininess of the goodies gleams brightly and it wins out.

Another example of this is MMOs with player trading, ones where you can set up a "stall" or a "shop". Once a auction house is brought in, its bye bye player shop keepers.

Or say you have mounts in a game but no teleportation, then you introduce teleports which are near quest hubs. Bye bye mounts, though they may survive depending on the set up.

Player convenience always has to be weighed against the gameplay that can be lost. I can't speak for Albion, I don't play it, but that danger is there for any MMO.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Scot said:
    Scorchien said:
    Scot said:
    Scot said:

Lesson is simple

WH was the other classic example I always think of. This has happened a number of times in big name MMOs, bringing in a easier system makes the harder systems second rate in player eyes. Players may even enjoy the harder methods, but the shininess of the goodies gleams brightly and it wins out.

Another example of this is MMOs with player trading, ones where you can set up a "stall" or a "shop". Once a auction house is brought in, its bye bye player shop keepers.

Or say you have mounts in a game but no teleportation, then you introduce teleports which are near quest hubs. Bye bye mounts, though they may survive depending on the set up.

Player convenience always has to be weighed against the gameplay that can be lost. I can't speak for Albion, I don't play it, but that danger is there for any MMO.
    Yea , Vanguard was another one that really fucked up .. With all those beautiful ships and people were selling rides , and ships were used to travel .. Then they put in that horrid flite system .. and ships became useless.. And some of those ships took alot of effort and time to build
    Scot
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    edited March 2018
    Scot said:
    Scot said:

Lesson is simple

Right. I understand what you mean and agree. They did that mistake in Albion long time ago, by introducing Rifts at all....

But now as it is. Well they had 5vs5 rifts. Now they offer also 2vs2.

The pop dropped so making 5 ppl group is not easy.

However there is another problem in Albion. The PVP decked players avoiding full loot risk areas. Basically PVPers are cowards, and rather play games where you can gank with no risk.

But that is another lesson
    Scot