Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

X-Chair X2 Executive Task Chair - Now THIS is a High-End Chair - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 33,113
edited March 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageX-Chair X2 Executive Task Chair - Now THIS is a High-End Chair - MMORPG.com

The idea of spending big bucks on a computer chair can be intimidating. It’s one of the easiest areas to cut corners on but cheaping out up front means paying in a sore back later. Today, we’re looking at the most high-end, expensive chair we’ve ever reviewed with the X-Chair X2. Hot on the heels of a slew of racing chairs, we had to know: can a chair actually be worth $750?

Read the full story here



¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 


«1

Comments

  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 909
    Looks really good, but the 2 cons are 2 really major cons... Price is definitely quite a bit higher, but what's a bigger con in my opinion is the headrest height adjustment. My own chair have similar issues and I can use it if I want to lay down, but it's not that comfortable if I want to use it while siting.
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,076
    That is not only quite expensive... It is VERY expensive. 

    Then again that seems to be the new benchmark price range for gaming stuff.. headphones and keyboards and chairs. Heck the only thing that has not moved much in price is the systems them self. They get more powerful and sure there is a new top and bottom bracket, but the mid range systems have stayed pretty much the same in price. At least where i live. 

    Tawess gaming

    Tawess soapbox

    This have been a good conversation

  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member EpicPosts: 10,231
    I started using the recline feature on my chair recently, a lot more.  It also has a lumbar pillow that's adjustable, which some aren't, so when I need a quick stretch I'll throw the chair back and lay out for a bit, and it's done wonders for long sitting sessions.  

    I like the idea of the mesh though, but I don't like the look of the mesh.  



  • k61977k61977 Member RarePosts: 1,214
    Full mesh chairs are the best, but good luck finding one under $750 to 1500. They allow for comfort without overheating and hold up extremely well. Takes some getting use to them but once you do you will never want another faux leather or leather/foam chair. I looked forever to find some in my area that were full mesh you will not find them in normal business stores, as they cost to much to stock vs how many sell because of cost. You really want to sit in a chair before buying it, that is a big draw back for me purchasing anything online.
    Mendel
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 16,085
    Haha it looks terrible ,perhaps a different color than pink and likely costs about 150 bucks max to make,so a nice 500% markup.

    Furthermore,admitting to be the FIRST high end chair reviewed,how did this get a GOLDEN award ..LMAO,,this shows some pretty shotty business standards here at mmorpg.

    On the subject of overheating,i made that point about all those other racing chairs foam used and yet again all we hear is ,.....AWESOME chairs,the best,great stuff ,i love them bla bla bla.It appears the only time the truth comes out is when trying to make the NEXT product a better biased hype product.

    Lets quit the bull,this is obviously over priced.As i also mentioned in the past is that while PC GAMING,NOBODY sits in any of these chairs properly to warrant any kind of comfort topic.
    rensta

    Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

  • DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 471
    Ya sadly this site is becoming nothing more than an advertising platform, without much real news.
  • SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,217
    If you're looking at an Aeron for $1300 then you sure aren't shopping around. (also, still loving my Aeron)
  • MontyBrewsterMontyBrewster Member EpicPosts: 2,660
    edited March 2018

    Dvora said:

    Ya sadly this site is becoming nothing more than an advertising platform, without much real news.



    Who cares they have to make money too, Besides some of the stuff they push/review is just comical, I actually look foward to some of the more bizarre items they have reviewed in the past. From the blank keyboard to the 800 dollar gaming desk with pre-teen carbon fiber wrap and gaudy racing stripes to the most recent portable tv/console power pack thingy, I mean would you really take that thing on a plane??. Im still waiting for a review of the Razer gaming mug holder (this is a REAL THING!) https://www.razerzone.com/gaming-accessories/razer-chroma-mug

    Or did they already review that one ? ......

    Gaming should be your therapy, Not your reason for seeking Therapy
  • RukushinRukushin Member UncommonPosts: 296
    yeah....that's crazy for a chair. I mean sure if you have back problems or something I guess nothing is ever too much for saving your back, but if your a regular gamer and a regular person with no back issues...well this is simply ludicrous. I would never spend more than about $200 on a chair...ever. I would rather buy quite literally anything else for my $700+ dollars. 1080 Ti would be quite high on that list.

    I have to agree with some of the other posters here and say, MMORPG.com, what are you doing? I understand the need for more content in a news content starved segment such as MMOs, but this is not the way. This article, while well-written just does nothing to serve your demographic or audience.

    If you are really news-content starved here is an idea that would help a bunch for you. Troll around searching on Amazon for amazing deals on PC parts, peripherals, and desks/chairs/etc. Then find the best deals around and create an article on that with an affiliate code. You make money on the people who click it and buy. You help your demographic who uses the site and are always looking for cheap PC parts. Most importantly you actually hit the nail on the head with your target market of people who actually visit the site on a daily basis.

    Unless, your target isn't the people who already come here. Now, if you are targeting a wider audience then I suggest a name change entirely of the website. Creating an entirely new brand name would be better than misrepresenting your brand and alienating old and new patrons alike.
  • nameusernameuser Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Can someone buy this for me?
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,076
    Personally i sit in a 45$ Millberget from IKEA. Get the job done with no frills. =)

    Tawess gaming

    Tawess soapbox

    This have been a good conversation

  • WarlyxWarlyx Member RarePosts: 2,810
    insane price for a chair
  • k61977k61977 Member RarePosts: 1,214
    edited March 2018
    People think that price is high for a good chair.  To be honest for a good chair it is priced about average these days, not arguing that it isn't ridiculous just that it is about average.  A good chair is the most important thing for anyone that is going to be sitting for a long period of time.  All the chairs in the hospital I worked at were replaced with full mess chairs at the request of occupational therapy and specific department heads.  The cost of each chair which were full mess like this was $1500, but better than this chair most likely.  Sitting in crap chairs for extended periods of time leads to spinal issues and well as many other things.  That $40 dollar chair might seem like a great thing now but in 30 or 40 more years that $40 dollar chair will have caused major issues for people that sit a lot, talking about 4+ hours a day sitting in that chair.  Also you should never have to replace a good chair other than maybe buying a replacement cylinder after 10+ years also.  Overall it comes down to is your health worth more or less in the future, now.


  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,076
    k61977 said:
     Overall it comes down to is your health worth more or less in the future, now.


    Actually often it comes down to finding a decent chair without breaking the bank. But when the chair cost as much as the thing i am using it for... It is a very hard sell. 

    Ofc a chair the cost 800$ is better then one for 40$ but the one for 40 get you off the floor without having to take a high risk loan. =) 

    Tawess gaming

    Tawess soapbox

    This have been a good conversation

  • k61977k61977 Member RarePosts: 1,214
    tawess said:
    k61977 said:
     Overall it comes down to is your health worth more or less in the future, now.


    Actually often it comes down to finding a decent chair without breaking the bank. But when the chair cost as much as the thing i am using it for... It is a very hard sell. 

    Ofc a chair the cost 800$ is better then one for 40$ but the one for 40 get you off the floor without having to take a high risk loan. =) 
    You just take that high risk loan later in life because of the $40 dollar, that is the point.  Agree that the price is ridiculous though, no arguments there at all, but from someone who worked in medicine, specifically in radiology with ortho docs, spending that extra money today to avoid issues later is a no brainier for me personally.

    Mendel
  • MendelMendel Member EpicPosts: 3,058
    tawess said:
    k61977 said:
     Overall it comes down to is your health worth more or less in the future, now.


    Actually often it comes down to finding a decent chair without breaking the bank. But when the chair cost as much as the thing i am using it for... It is a very hard sell. 

    Ofc a chair the cost 800$ is better then one for 40$ but the one for 40 get you off the floor without having to take a high risk loan. =) 
    My back wishes I had invested in a good chair about a dozen years ago instead of the deathtraps I've used.  Getting a new chair is a lot cheaper than getting a new back.

    $750 isn't terribly overpriced as office chairs go.  There's no end of the price tags they will put on anything labeled 'Executive'.

    I wonder what the weight capacity of that chair is?  Probably a standard 250 lb capacity if its not plastered everywhere (and the price inflated, of course).



    infomatz

    Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

  • JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,382
    edited March 2018
    .... i think i might need to sit this one out :D
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 9,893
    edited March 2018
    funky looks should not be a reason for high prices. This looks like it would break quite easily.

    But if that is not the case then whoever wants to invest that much can do so.

    I'm happy paying under $100 for chairs. If i had a gaming laptop i wouldn't even need a chair.

    PC gaming hardware is expensive enough without including these fancy optional stuff.




  • DataDayDataDay Member UncommonPosts: 1,528
    In other news... the Autonomous AI Ergochair starts at $270.... These kinds of chairs need not cost too much if you know where to shop.


    https://www.autonomous.ai/?slug=office-chair
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 10,597
    A chair is a chair as far as i am concerned, picked up quite a few of mine second hand, i would not personally spend that much on a PC chair, there are a lot of claims about how ergonomic etc. certain chairs are, but when you look at them, they are just full of gadgets and other meaningless frippery, just get one that is comfortable to sit in, works for me  :p
  • TillerTiller Member EpicPosts: 7,635
    edited March 2018
    Still like these better




  • GameByNightGameByNight Columnist / Podcast HostMember UncommonPosts: 450

    Wizardry said:

    Haha it looks terrible ,perhaps a different color than pink and likely costs about 150 bucks max to make,so a nice 500% markup.



    Furthermore,admitting to be the FIRST high end chair reviewed,how did this get a GOLDEN award ..LMAO,,this shows some pretty shotty business standards here at mmorpg.



    On the subject of overheating,i made that point about all those other racing chairs foam used and yet again all we hear is ,.....AWESOME chairs,the best,great stuff ,i love them bla bla bla.It appears the only time the truth comes out is when trying to make the NEXT product a better biased hype product.



    Lets quit the bull,this is obviously over priced.As i also mentioned in the past is that while PC GAMING,NOBODY sits in any of these chairs properly to warrant any kind of comfort topic.



    Reading comprehension. What I said was that it was the *most* not the first. We've reviewed a lot and even a similar price/style chair to Vertagear. I'm open to critique, but every single time you post here, you barely make any sense and ignore what the poster actually says.
    maskedweaselAegirisSplattr

    Writer of the RPG Files
    Official Podcast Host
    Blogger at GameByNight.com

  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member EpicPosts: 10,231
    edited March 2018
    Rukushin said:
    yeah....that's crazy for a chair. I mean sure if you have back problems or something I guess nothing is ever too much for saving your back, but if your a regular gamer and a regular person with no back issues...well this is simply ludicrous. I would never spend more than about $200 on a chair...ever. I would rather buy quite literally anything else for my $700+ dollars. 1080 Ti would be quite high on that list.

    I have to agree with some of the other posters here and say, MMORPG.com, what are you doing? I understand the need for more content in a news content starved segment such as MMOs, but this is not the way. This article, while well-written just does nothing to serve your demographic or audience.

    If you are really news-content starved here is an idea that would help a bunch for you. Troll around searching on Amazon for amazing deals on PC parts, peripherals, and desks/chairs/etc. Then find the best deals around and create an article on that with an affiliate code. You make money on the people who click it and buy. You help your demographic who uses the site and are always looking for cheap PC parts. Most importantly you actually hit the nail on the head with your target market of people who actually visit the site on a daily basis.

    Unless, your target isn't the people who already come here. Now, if you are targeting a wider audience then I suggest a name change entirely of the website. Creating an entirely new brand name would be better than misrepresenting your brand and alienating old and new patrons alike.
    A lot of people come here looking for information on all things gaming, not just MMOs, and one of those things, happens to be hardware.  While YOU PERSONALLY might not be interested in high end items, there are others that are. 

    It's like opening an article, reading it and then saying.. "Oh I don't like it, they shouldn't write articles I don't like" but you didn't have to click or read the article at all.  You chose to do that, and you chose to comment on it.  In that vein, you now know a little more about a chair you likely never would have taken a second look at.

    I know that there's an undercurrent that anything different or any news that doesn't conform to ones own personal standards needs to be burned down,  but please take into consideration, there are a lot of people that come to this site and want information on a lot of things, hardware, F2P games,  Survival games, Streamers,  Blogs,  this site has a lot to offer, and I think it's just a little bit off to say that just because you don't come here for something, it means nobody comes here for it, or that they need to change their entire direction.  


    GameByNight



  • GameByNightGameByNight Columnist / Podcast HostMember UncommonPosts: 450
    edited March 2018
    Hey peeps, throwing this out there to position this piece. In the last twelve months, we've reviewed nearly 200 products. Some of them are extremely high end and others are budget items, most are somewhere in the middle. To keep a cadence of 3+ reviews a week, we run the gamut. If something isn't for you, feel free to fly by and check out the next one that does.

    I plan and arrange all of our hardware coverage. We have never received payment for anything we've reviewed and most isn't even used after the review period. The vast majority of us doing hardware reviews already have a setup and it is the rare item that actually unseats whatever is in our setup currently. So, in most cases, you're seeing the impressions stemming from a couple week review period before it gets shipped back or put in storage until we need it for comparison. Most writers aren't paid here and there is absolutely no incentive for a company to try to pay a site like ours off. There are no checks rolling in for hardware reviews, good or bad.

    You want to know the truth of it? I work two jobs, have two kids, and would not be able to afford *any* $800 chair. I took this on and spent a good 20 hours writing and producing the video because I like producing content that might entertain you, and I was genuinely interested in how much better a chair like this could be. No more, no less.

    The talk of advertisements gets under ALL of our skin. We work hard to try to inform and entertain because we're all gamers and techies. No one is getting rich here. If you have a specific concern for how tho GS are done, ask and I'll do my best to answer.

    Post edited by GameByNight on
    maskedweasel

    Writer of the RPG Files
    Official Podcast Host
    Blogger at GameByNight.com

  • GameByNightGameByNight Columnist / Podcast HostMember UncommonPosts: 450
    Fun fact: we've only ever had one PR firm try to influence one of our criticisms by asking us to change a word from "decent" to "good." Yeah, it didn't and will never happen.
    maskedweasel

    Writer of the RPG Files
    Official Podcast Host
    Blogger at GameByNight.com

Sign In or Register to comment.