Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Let the pre-Alpha cash shop items flow...

Comments

• AshyLarry24AshyLarry24 Member UncommonPosts: 208
    edited March 2018
    Kyleran said:
    The community would flip their shit if any of this was actually implemented, me included.  And I don't even have any interest in being a noble or royalty.  That would be completely going against the very core concepts that people invested in. 
    True, they "invested" in a headstart for themselves, but aren't really interested in letting others buy in post launch.

But it actually is totally in keeping with the games core principals and would provide much needed revenues outside of an occasional soul purchase.

Besides were this game to be any degree of successful most of those early founders are getting punted to the curb as the major powers move in and dominate. 

Yeah, and if SBS had their way they wouldn't sell any packages, and the money fairy would come and they'd make the game on their own without any investors. 

ANd no it's not consistent with how this game has been sold to us.  NOt in the least bit, and almost no one would agree with you on this in the community.  They've always stood strong about not allowing the game go to P2W after launch.  If changes have to be made for the game to get a release, then compromises would have to be made, but this is in no way preferable to just about anyone in the community.

And you act like only people with nobility packages would be pissed.  And yes they get the ability to buy the package because they're the reason the game is even being made.  To act like you should be offered the same things after launch as people who invest in this game 2 years ago is straight ridiculous, and screams entitlement. 

You have no idea if they can need more revenue streams post launch.  You are putting carriage before the horse, and trying to solving a problem that doesn't exist yet.

YashaX

The community would flip their shit if any of this was actually implemented, me included.  And I don't even have any interest in being a noble or royalty.  That would be completely going against the very core concepts that people invested in. 
    Keep in mind that the core population that put in all that investment is just 2% of what they think the launch population is... and they already got $4M from them.  They need to broaden their base.

I'm honestly not worried about the servers being populated if they release what they advertised.  400k players worldwide really isn't a lot for a newly released MMO with modern day graphics
    YashaX
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Kyleran said:
    wouldn't this just deter many folks from trying to take titles away in game from those who purchased them before launch?

because of the low percentage of noble and aristocrat titles out there compared to the player base, i personally want to see everybody have an opportunity to take them away, rather than make the pool of potential players who can do so, smaller
    Well, one idea would be to label the new player as "the Ursurper" and give them lower privileges than a noble who paid a tithe.

Or perhaps they could only get a title one grade lower for free and upgrade to the full title for a fee.

Another great idea, let the ursurper sell the title to others on a company sponsored web site,  with the "church" taking a 10% "tithe" on all sales.

Or perhaps let the ursurper ransom it back to the noble it was taken from,  or maybe even their "family" or king.

Hey, some of these folks paid thousands to get these titles and kingdoms the first time around, whose to say they wouldn't do so again.

Of course all transactions would have to pay the church tithe to properly bless them.

This is a great idea.. that they are not "Noble Blood" which means they are Kings by Combat, which would be it's own title, but to pass the title to their Heir, they would need to then buy that Birthright, and become "Noble Blood"

If they didn't, then as long as the original King paid to keep their Noble Blood Line, they could come back and claim the Throne from their Usurper, by right of Inheritance.

Giving us the whole "Lord of the Rings Returning King" type of drama and story that those that love Role Play could get into.. which would be awesome.
    Kyleran
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

Ungood said:
    Mendel said:
    Ungood said:
    Mendel said:
    Mendel said:

I can't see this being a loot-everything-anytime situation.  The backers (those who are paying for these things) will be protected.  Or there will be whining and complaining of the highest magnitude imaginable.  I just can't envision a company allowing people to pay thousands of dollars for an in-game item and having that item be a free-for-all-grab-the-pixels.  I do not accept that people are buying these items for 'the general good of other people in the game', they're buying for themselves.  They own these items.

I'm betting that players will take the ownership to heart.  So much so that a free-for-all loot scenario may even generate some real life lawsuits.  

I still am unconvinced that it will be possible to take items purchased with real-world money from another player.  I will definitely have to see that in action.
    there basically isn't anything in this game that can't be taken 

granted it will be easier to steal a sword from a solo player, than take a kingdom from an entire community, however it is to be expected:

I am aware of what has been said.   Yet, they've also suggested an inheritance system with rules and heirs and laws and contracts to protect some things, pretty much contrary to the idea of winner-take-all.  To me, they appear to be supporting both sides.  That's sending mixed messages.

I'm also skeptical about the nobility and aristocracy making up only 2% of the population.  That's a lot of other players they will need to attract (and retain).  But that's fodder for another thread.

The Heir system is set up so you can pass your Inheritance down when your character dies of old age. This in no way protects you from having a stronger force come in and take over your kingdom, it just means, that you can lose your title in many different ways, just some more violent then others.
    I will believe this only when I see this not following the money.  My opinion is that possessions bought in the store *will* be protected to some degree.  It's the difference between what they claim they will do and what they actually do.  I'm not willing to trust what most developers say, these especially so.

I have no doubt that they won't be protected, as they make it clear from the start, that they won't be protected.

Unless you count the 3 month exposition, where PvP is disabled and no one can lose their titles, as protection "from the start".

But hey! At least you have no doubts...
    a 3 month head start in a game that is supposed to have 10 year story is like a 10 min head start in a 26 mile race.. by the time you are halfway through, losers will use it an excuse, never mind that the current winners started behind them.
    YashaX
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,984
    Ungood said:
    Ungood said:
    Mendel said:
    Ungood said:
    Mendel said:
    Mendel said:

I can't see this being a loot-everything-anytime situation.  The backers (those who are paying for these things) will be protected.  Or there will be whining and complaining of the highest magnitude imaginable.  I just can't envision a company allowing people to pay thousands of dollars for an in-game item and having that item be a free-for-all-grab-the-pixels.  I do not accept that people are buying these items for 'the general good of other people in the game', they're buying for themselves.  They own these items.

I'm betting that players will take the ownership to heart.  So much so that a free-for-all loot scenario may even generate some real life lawsuits.  

I still am unconvinced that it will be possible to take items purchased with real-world money from another player.  I will definitely have to see that in action.
    there basically isn't anything in this game that can't be taken 

granted it will be easier to steal a sword from a solo player, than take a kingdom from an entire community, however it is to be expected:

I am aware of what has been said.   Yet, they've also suggested an inheritance system with rules and heirs and laws and contracts to protect some things, pretty much contrary to the idea of winner-take-all.  To me, they appear to be supporting both sides.  That's sending mixed messages.

I'm also skeptical about the nobility and aristocracy making up only 2% of the population.  That's a lot of other players they will need to attract (and retain).  But that's fodder for another thread.

The Heir system is set up so you can pass your Inheritance down when your character dies of old age. This in no way protects you from having a stronger force come in and take over your kingdom, it just means, that you can lose your title in many different ways, just some more violent then others.
    I will believe this only when I see this not following the money.  My opinion is that possessions bought in the store *will* be protected to some degree.  It's the difference between what they claim they will do and what they actually do.  I'm not willing to trust what most developers say, these especially so.

I have no doubt that they won't be protected, as they make it clear from the start, that they won't be protected.

Unless you count the 3 month exposition, where PvP is disabled and no one can lose their titles, as protection "from the start".

a 3 month head start in a game that is supposed to have 10 year story is like a 10 min head start in a 26 mile race.. by the time you are halfway through, losers will use it an excuse, never mind that the current winners started behind them.
    Do you know what the 1 year retention rate is for MMORPGs today?
    Just asking as I do not know, but my guess is that it is very low.

UngoodMendel

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    edited March 2018
    Kyleran said:
    True, they "invested" in a headstart for themselves, but aren't really interested in letting others buy in post launch.

But it actually is totally in keeping with the games core principals and would provide much needed revenues outside of an occasional soul purchase.

Besides were this game to be any degree of successful most of those early founders are getting punted to the curb as the major powers move in and dominate. 

Yeah, and if SBS had their way they wouldn't sell any packages, and the money fairy would come and they'd make the game on their own without any investors. 

ANd no it's not consistent with how this game has been sold to us.  NOt in the least bit, and almost no one would agree with you on this in the community.  They've always stood strong about not allowing the game go to P2W after launch.  If changes have to be made for the game to get a release, then compromises would have to be made, but this is in no way preferable to just about anyone in the community.

And you act like only people with nobility packages would be pissed.  And yes they get the ability to buy the package because they're the reason the game is even being made.  To act like you should be offered the same things after launch as people who invest in this game 2 years ago is straight ridiculous, and screams entitlement. 

You have no idea if they can need more revenue streams post launch.  You are putting carriage before the horse, and trying to solving a problem that doesn't exist yet.

If the Devs are smart, they'll stab the 2% in the back in a heartbeat if they can figure a way to bring in big cash from the 98% post launch crowd regardless what is said now vs later.

The key is to identify their core income generating users and monetize the crap out of them.

Players who are all paid up for the next 2 years (aka the "marks") are not that group, at least not post launch.

I actually have some faith in their ability to do so, clearly they understand how to continually extract money from the pre-launch crowd, should be able to figure out a solid post launch strategy as well.  (just might not be the same set of users)

As for my sense of "entitlement", I understand what would make this game successful financially, and catering to the tapped out pre-launch crowd isn't the way to go. 

When the time comes, I'll have plenty of cash to spend, and no, I'm not a charity, but I do thank all of you for building a world so I can take it from you.

:)

UngoodMendel

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited March 2018
    Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:

If the Devs are smart, they'll stab the 2% in the back in a heartbeat if they can figure a way to bring in big cash from the 98% post launch crowd regardless what is said now vs later.

The key is to identify their core income generating users and monetize the crap out of them.

Players who are all paid up for the next 2 years (aka the "marks") are not that group, at least not post launch.

I actually have some faith in their ability to do so, clearly they understand how to continually extract money from the pre-launch crowd, should be able to figure out a solid post launch strategy as well.  (just might not be the same set of users)

As for my sense of "entitlement", I understand what would make this game successful financially, and catering to the tapped out pre-launch crowd isn't the way to go. 

When the time comes, I'll have plenty of cash to spend, and no, I'm not a charity, but I do thank all of you for building a world so I can take it from you.

The armchair development just never ends on this forum.  Like the way some of you talk, you'd think you were the founders of Blizzard or something. The arrogance just blow my mind.

Like it's fine to have an opinion but holy fuck do you ever read what you say, and think "you know i've never been a game developer/business owner in my life, so maybe I shouldn't be so sure of something I really have 0 experience in".  Like I don't mind strong opinion, but Jesus CHrist listen to yourself lol.
    YashaX
    Ungood said:
    Ungood said:

Which just cements my point even more, In the long run it's impact is negligible, just the people that feel they need to be first place first day will be effected, but those players are typically content locus anyway and burn out and move in short order.

But, to answer your question it varies.

Some MMO's have their best year as their first year and peter out as time goes on, other MMO's start then dip then ramp up again.

To use an example.

EQ: Started with around 10K players and by year 4 had around 500K players.
    Ashron's Call: Started with 100K players and then hemorrhaged players till it was down to 10K by their 4th year.

WoW: Started with around 100K, and by 4 years later had round 10 Million.
    Aion: Hit 4 million players it's first year, and was down to 2 million by their 4th year and still going down.

Some have massive rises and falls in their first year, like for example.

Age of Conan. 700K players at Opening, by the end of their first year, they had around 100K players.
    Warhammer Online. 800K opening, less then 150K left their first year.

Then you have games like. Second Life, Struggled to have 10 - 30K players for almost 4 years, then in the next 4 years boomed up to 800K players.

So.. depends on the game, what they do.. how they boom. Some are a flash in the pan, others find their shine later.

Given what I have seen, I would say IF, CoE delivers, it will be a Boom, then a Dip, the a Rise to Greatness. But that will be contingent upon CoE delivering what it says, which would make it a very unique and special game, that will get players to flock to it for that reason, much in the same way WoW filled a Void in it's era, CoE could be the next new direction.. IF.. done right.

YashaX

Kyleran said:

You know, if this was made by Blizzard or some big name company, I'd bank on that being the way things would go once the game launched. No loyalty among the big names.

But this JW Caspian guy, this is personal to him, this game is a labor of love to him, his brain child and dream, they would have to shoot him or do a hostile take over before he would ever bend to do that,. So.. while it may happen, it's not going to happen till Caspian steps off his Throne.

Your best bet, would be if he made like a "Zero Start" server, that was open buy once you got in, but then you would be running against everyone else with deep pockets and his valued founders and backers would in fact be protected from your upstart impetuousness.
    YashaX

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    Ungood said:
    Kyleran said:
    wouldn't this just deter many folks from trying to take titles away in game from those who purchased them before launch?

because of the low percentage of noble and aristocrat titles out there compared to the player base, i personally want to see everybody have an opportunity to take them away, rather than make the pool of potential players who can do so, smaller
    Well, one idea would be to label the new player as "the Ursurper" and give them lower privileges than a noble who paid a tithe.

Or perhaps they could only get a title one grade lower for free and upgrade to the full title for a fee.

Another great idea, let the ursurper sell the title to others on a company sponsored web site,  with the "church" taking a 10% "tithe" on all sales.

Or perhaps let the ursurper ransom it back to the noble it was taken from,  or maybe even their "family" or king.

Hey, some of these folks paid thousands to get these titles and kingdoms the first time around, whose to say they wouldn't do so again.

Of course all transactions would have to pay the church tithe to properly bless them.

This is a great idea.. that they are not "Noble Blood" which means they are Kings by Combat, which would be it's own title, but to pass the title to their Heir, they would need to then buy that Birthright, and become "Noble Blood"

If they didn't, then as long as the original King paid to keep their Noble Blood Line, they could come back and claim the Throne from their Usurper, by right of Inheritance.

Giving us the whole "Lord of the Rings Returning King" type of drama and story that those that love Role Play could get into.. which would be awesome.
    Naw Nobility shouldn't be bought but earned,  to keep in line with the reasoning behind letting things be bought pre launch, post launch it should be possible to go from peasant to noble either by deed or by ass kissing the king.  If by deed no "buying" should be required.

IF some peasant starts up a kingdom somewhere and is able to get followers and hold land for so long enough to be a king they should become nobles.

I mean really do you think other nobles had their nobility granted to them by other competing nobles? 

No nobles are just people that killed their way to the top and kept on killing long enough to stay there so that their children then "inherited" the nobility.
    mystichazeAshyLarry24FrodoFragins

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

Asm0deus said:
    Ungood said:
    Kyleran said:

Naw Nobility shouldn't be bought but earned,  to keep in line with the reasoning behind letting things be bought pre launch, post launch it should be possible to go from peasant to noble either by deed or by ass kissing the king.  If by deed no "buying" should be required.

IF some peasant starts up a kingdom somewhere and is able to get followers and hold land for so long enough to be a king they should become nobles.

I mean really do you think other nobles had their nobility granted to them by other competing nobles? 

No nobles are just people that killed their way to the top and kept on killing long enough to stay there so that their children then "inherited" the nobility.
    Google is your friend. Even today you can purchase peerage titles for cash.

http://royalcentral.co.uk/blogs/insight/can-you-buy-a-title-34152

Or

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimdobson/2016/04/13/a-real-game-of-thrones-the-big-business-of-buying-and-selling-royal-titles/

Historically people have bought and paid for Royal titles, and Kings routinely have granted titles under their domain.

Even the Catholic church has the power to and has granted titles of nobility.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papal_nobility

YashaX

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Ungood said:
    Ungood said:
    Ungood said:

Which just cements my point even more, In the long run it's impact is negligible, just the people that feel they need to be first place first day will be effected, but those players are typically content locus anyway and burn out and move in short order.

Some MMO's have their best year as their first year and peter out as time goes on, other MMO's start then dip then ramp up again.

To use an example.

Ashron's Call: Started with 100K players and then hemorrhaged players till it was down to 10K by their 4th year.

Aion: Hit 4 million players it's first year, and was down to 2 million by their 4th year and still going down.

Age of Conan. 700K players at Opening, by the end of their first year, they had around 100K players.

Then you have games like. Second Life, Struggled to have 10 - 30K players for almost 4 years, then in the next 4 years boomed up to 800K players.

So.. depends on the game, what they do.. how they boom. Some are a flash in the pan, others find their shine later.

Given what I have seen, I would say IF, CoE delivers, it will be a Boom, then a Dip, the a Rise to Greatness. But that will be contingent upon CoE delivering what it says, which would make it a very unique and special game, that will get players to flock to it for that reason, much in the same way WoW filled a Void in it's era, CoE could be the next new direction.. IF.. done right.

Thanks for the info.  I’m not really interested in annectotal numbers about 4 years.  I’m really just curious about how many people there at day 1 would still be playing 1 year later in the average current generation MMORPG? So far I have found data about F2P ones but not B2P or Sub. 

I’d also be interested in numbers related to open world PvP games where you can lose your stuff(and/or territory).

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

edited March 2018
    Kyleran said:
    Asm0deus said:
    Ungood said:
    Kyleran said:

Or

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimdobson/2016/04/13/a-real-game-of-thrones-the-big-business-of-buying-and-selling-royal-titles/

Historically people have bought and paid for Royal titles, and Kings routinely have granted titles under their domain.

You missed my point, reading comprehension is your friend,  they earned their nobility by ass kissing.  But if you go back far enough in the line of those "selling" the nobility someone earned it by deed first.

The point is any established "organization" can "grant" or sell a nobility but first that organization had to earn the right by deed. 

You need to realize CoE is not taking place in a modern civilized world but a medieval one so deeds leading to nobility should be as common if not more.

You really should think before posting to try to show someone up little kitten.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

Ungood said:
    Ungood said:
    Ungood said:

To use an example.

Thanks for the info.  I’m not really interested in annectotal numbers about 4 years.  I’m really just curious about how many people there at day 1 would still be playing 1 year later in the average current generation MMORPG? So far I have found data about F2P ones but not B2P or Sub. 

I’d also be interested in numbers related to open world PvP games where you can lose your stuff(and/or territory).
    I used for 4 years for WoW and EQ, because that was, ironically, the height of their subs, for both of them.

And the Info I gave you was Subs, which is easier to track then B2P or F2P, unfortunately, there is not much in the way of modern games that are Sub based.

IE: TERA for example, started with a Sub base, but before the end of the year converted to F2P. Which should give you an idea of the retainment rate.
    YashaX

Asm0deus said:
    Kyleran said:
    Asm0deus said:
    Ungood said:
    Kyleran said:

Or

You missed my point, reading comprehension is your friend,  they earned their nobility by ass kissing.  But if you go back far enough in the line of those "selling" the nobility someone earned it by deed first.

The point is any established "organization" can "grant" or sell a nobility but first that organization had to earn the right by deed. 

You need to realize CoE is not taking place in a modern civilized world but a medieval one so deeds leading to nobility should be as common if not more.

nahh.. I agree with @Kyleran far better to make them pay for the Inheritance, that would stop the less then serious.

Also, think about this, there was a Steward of Gondor, and even if he died and his sons took over, they would still be Stewards, not Kings, and neither would their children, there was One King of Gondor, by noble Blood, and their line, and their Line ALONE, was heir to the Throne. So.. keeping with that.. yah.. making some usurper pay a grand to be King as opposed to Steward or something, is legit.  

Also.. Soul Binding things, would be a great idea, making it so that some items are bound to your soul as opposed to your body, that way they could never be taken.. Nothing big.. nothing like a house or castle.. but something small..  personal, like a Signet Ring, a a magic sword.. for example..

Now that would be a great thing to sell in the store.

edited March 2018
    Asm0deus said:
    Kyleran said:
    Asm0deus said:
    Ungood said:
    Kyleran said:

Or

Apparently I'm not the only person with deficiencies in reading comprehension.

In my first posts I suggested players would first have to win the title, castle, or kingdom from someone else by right of conquest.

I suggested the "tithe" (cash) to the "church" (devs) as a means to provide additional revenue streams.

When challenged that some players might not want to pay which might disincentive them from fighting, I offered a suggestion to let them sell it, ransom it back or auction it, with the "church " taking a cut of the action.

Then it was suggested titles aren't bought and sold, I proved they are, as in the past and even today. 

Here's a fun story of how Herod of the Bible became "King of the Judaea." It was imparted through politics,  money and favor, not actual conquest.

https://www.britannica.com/biography/Herod-king-of-Judaea

Showing up others is something I excel at, and never much of a challenge

B)

Mendel

• AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 562
    edited March 2018
    Kyleran said:
    Asm0deus said:9
    Kyleran said:
    Asm0deus said:
    Ungood said:
    Kyleran said:

Or

In my first posts I suggested players would first have to win the title, castle, or kingdom from someone else by right of conquest.

I suggested the "tithe" (cash) to the "church" (devs) as a means to provide additional revenue streams.

When challenged that some players might not want to pay which might disincentive them from fighting, I offered a suggestion to let them sell it, ransom it back or auction it, with the "church " taking a cut of the action.

Then it was suggested titles aren't bought and sold, I proved they are, as in the past and even today. 

Here's a fun story of how Herod of the Bible became "King of the Judaea." It was imparted through politics,  money and favor, not actual conquest.

B)

Hmmm did you read the article you posted?

"When Pompey (106–48 BCE) invaded Palestine in 63 BCE, Antipater supported his campaign and began a long association with Rome, from which both he and Herod were to benefit"

so his father started the association with Rome....

"Herod made his political debut in the same year, when his father appointed him governor of Galilee. Six years later Mark Antony made him tetrarch of Galilee."

He then became research through his own ability/association with Mark Antony...

"Herod was forced to flee to Rome. The senate there nominated him king of Judaea and equipped him with an army to make good his claim."

He was then declared king by Rome's Senate and given an ARMY to back up his claim...

It goes on and through my read through no where does it say he bought his title...

But saying all that would you really want to moniterize an already excessive p2w game.
    Yes I've read the arguments for and against the p2w aspect, it's p2w in some aspects but since you can lose this advantage it's not such a big thing atm.
    But paying for titles after release just makes it impossible for some people to obtain those titles, this in itself would make the game totally unbalanced in favour of the rich
    Asm0deusAshyLarry24
    Apparently have tipped  the size limit or something,  so starting a new reply.

Sigh, no of course he didn't go to Amazon and purchase it, but you'll see here on several occasions he "collected" money from the locals to pay the romans to support military campaigns or in the form of taxes sent back to his patrons.

http://www.livius.org/articles/person/herod-the-great/

But regardless, yes, I really want to expand the pay for advantage aspect of this game to cover both pre and post launch.  (Go full monty as it were)

One, it will help ensure the Devs receive a solid revenue stream post launch,  something I feel just selling new souls can't do on their own. 

Two,  in the name of "fairness" they shouldn't just offer PFA to pre launch buyers, but also to those buying in later.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter, the Devs aren't listening to me in any way, so this is all just a fun theoretical exercise to explore possible ways to expand on post launch revenues.

Heck, they could just offer a monthly sub which gives some bonuses such as extra (and perhaps totally safe) bank space at various points around the land, I'd pay for such.
    MendelYashaX

• AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 562
    Kyleran said:
    Apparently have tipped  the size limit or something,  so starting a new reply.

Sigh, no of course he didn't go to Amazon and purchase it, but you'll see here on several occasions he "collected" money from the locals to pay the romans to support military campaigns or in the form of taxes sent back to his patrons.

http://www.livius.org/articles/person/herod-the-great/

But regardless, yes, I really want to expand the pay for advantage aspect of this game to cover both pre and post launch.  (Go full monty as it were)

One, it will help ensure the Devs receive a solid revenue stream post launch,  something I feel just selling new souls can't do on their own. 

Two,  in the name of "fairness" they shouldn't just offer PFA to pre launch buyers, but also to those buying in later.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter, the Devs aren't listening to me in any way, so this is all just a fun theoretical exercise to explore possible ways to expand on post launch revenues.

Heck, they could just offer a monthly sub which gives some bonuses such as extra (and perhaps totally safe) bank space at various points around the land, I'd pay for such.
    I really don't want to continue this but felt I should say one last thing on the newest article you posted.

The only payment according to that article to go to the Romans was "15,000kg of silver" this was paid by the whole of Judea and at the time he was the tetrach of Galilee. 
    He secured the throne by marrying the daughter of the current king and when parthia invaded Judea he fled to Rome and convinced the Senate to support him in taking the throne.
    They sent him back to Judea with 2 legions that helped him secure the throne.

After that, according to the article the only things sent to rome (after he was king) was gifts (similar yo what alot of vessel kings would have done) and troops.
    He actually managed to maintain his hold and even extend his land through military force.

Anyway enough on that,

My opinion if the developers went whole hog on the p2w they would probably reduce their perspective player base by a significant percentage (and remember this is already a niche game).
    They are in a rock and a hard place, they needed the cash to make the game but they have alienated those that don't want to Kickstarter a game...
    Kyleran said:
    Asm0deus said:
    Kyleran said:
    Asm0deus said:
    Ungood said:
    Kyleran said:

Or

B)

Apparently you are the only one with reading problems though as I never quoted you on this subject only Ungood and only to say I think there should be an option allowing people to become nobles without having to pay another noble.

Now you guys keep going on about Noble "blood" when my point is there isn't any such thing really all blood is blood.  I even explained why I feel the reasoning that Ungood uses is kind of stupid.

Nowhere did I say nobility shouldn't be allowed to be sold, it's what I meant by "ass kissing" the king, I only suggested that you should be able to become a Noble without needing to buy the title.

The line of Gondor if you go back far enough would be just a line of dirty peasants like the rest of us.

Kyleran said:

Oh I can almost guarantee they at least read what you post.  I KNOW they track everything I post on here and other places.   They won't acknowledge it but they have actually implemented some of the ideas that were first discussed here.   It happened with the "time" issue where we pointed out the flaw and they changed the way times flows (still think they need further tweaks) and it's happening with the death penalty. I honestly think they read these ideas more than they do their own forums sometimes :)

MendelAnOldFartAshyLarry24mystichaze

Kyleran said:

Oh I can almost guarantee they at least read what you post.  I KNOW they track everything I post on here and other places.   They won't acknowledge it but they have actually implemented some of the ideas that were first discussed here.   It happened with the "time" issue where we pointed out the flaw and they changed the way times flows (still think they need further tweaks) and it's happening with the death penalty. I honestly think they read these ideas more than they do their own forums sometimes :)

Jesus Fucking Christ.

YashaX
    edited March 2018
    I gotta take a break from this forum.  The cockiness is honestly getting so fucking cringe worthy.  You guys take armchair development to a whole new level. The lack of self awareness and humility is fucking embarrassing.

Like I'm sure the devs go... Hmm wonder what slapshot thinks of these changes.  Like come on dude.
    I gotta take a break from this forum.  The cockiness is honestly getting so fucking cringe worthy.  You guys take armchair development to a whole new level. The lack of self awareness and humility is fucking embarrassing.

Like I'm sure the devs go... Hmm wonder what slapshot thinks of these changes.  Like come on dude.
    If you think they aren’t trying to consider how it will be reacted to over here IMHO you are quite naive. Each of the developers know EXACTLY who I am.  Heck one may even chat with me fairly regularly :wink: Who knows.   It wouldn’t be the first time either.  PFO devs used to reach out all the time.  Heck, I knew they were closing up shop days before it was even announced.  A development team isn’t some monolithic creation. There are... differing opinions on dev teams too.  

I’m honored to have inspired the Harbinger monicker and wear it proudly.  We all know who Caspien was referring to  :)

AshyLarry24YashaX