Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Second Stream in one week! (03/20/2018)

1AD71AD7 Member UncommonPosts: 51
As the title suggests, there is a second stream coming up on 03/20/2018 at 8 PM PDT, featuring Jim Lee.  Here is a link to the official announcement:  https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/8144/a-second-stream-no-way-could-it-be/view/post_id/154459
Testing
  1. At which point do you see yourself getting involved with testing?22 votes
    1. Alpha
      27.27%
    2. Closed-Beta
      22.73%
    3. Open-Beta
      18.18%
    4. Waiting for release
      31.82%
Osho

Comments

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Will definitely check this out at some point.  

Unrelated note: Did anyone else cringe watching the interview with Brad at Twitch-Con?  Horrible.  He didn't even understand half the questions that were asked lol!
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    edited March 2018
    If Kisin is in Jim Lee's group, he will need to watch out for accidental trains me thinks. he he

Hopefully this is an indicator that they're picking up the pace with releasing more development info and gameplay footage - one stream every 6 months just wasn't cutting it.
    Kilsin
  • 1AD71AD7 Member UncommonPosts: 51
    edited March 2018

Unrelated note: Did anyone else cringe watching the interview with Brad at Twitch-Con?  Horrible.  He didn't even understand half the questions that were asked lol!

The thing that I have noticed about Brad is that he is sometimes caught up in the "bigger plan."  He is the mastermind behind why all of the various concepts or features of Pantheon belong.  I would highly recommend that you check out his blogs on the official Pantheon forum.  He has a very deep understanding of what makes players tick and how to harness those properties in an epic fantasy world.  His blogs are truly inspiring to me because the more you read, the more obvious it becomes that there is no corporate agenda going on in the background.  He wants to deliver that magical experience that has been missing for so long.  He understands that in order to do that, compromises need to be made.  Pantheon isn't going to appeal to everybody but I'm confident that if someone wants a challenging game built around social principles, they will have a great time.  Even if they get into MOBA's or FPS ... challenging cooperative play is about as sticky as it comes in an online game and I think an MMORPG like Pantheon is at the pinnacle for that type of gameplay.  There is a science behind it and Brad is basically rewriting the book.  If he doesn't have a chapter memorized here or there it's because we're talking about a robust set of encyclopedias rather than your standard fantasy novel.
    Gdemami
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    1AD7 said:

The thing that I have noticed about Brad is that he is sometimes caught up in the "bigger plan."  He is the mastermind behind why all of the various concepts or features of Pantheon belong.  I would highly recommend that you check out his blogs on the official Pantheon forum.  He has a very deep understanding of what makes players tick and how to harness those properties in an epic fantasy world.  His blogs are truly inspiring to me because the more you read, the more obvious it becomes that there is no corporate agenda going on in the background.  He wants to deliver that magical experience that has been missing for so long.  He understands that in order to do that, compromises need to be made.  Pantheon isn't going to appeal to everybody but I'm confident that if someone wants a challenging game built around social principles, they will have a great time.  Even if they get into MOBA's or FPS ... challenging cooperative play is about as sticky as it comes in an online game and I think an MMORPG like Pantheon is at the pinnacle for that type of gameplay.  There is a science behind it and Brad is basically rewriting the book.  If he doesn't have a chapter memorized here or there it's because we're talking about a robust set of encyclopedias rather than your standard fantasy novel.
    LOL they were simple questions.  Has nothing to do with him being "too high-level for it", he straight up did not understand basic questions.  Just because you have a PhD it doesn't mean it's any less stupid for you answer 1+1 with 3.
  • 1AD71AD7 Member UncommonPosts: 51
    edited March 2018
    I watched the interview again and it seemed like his responses were pretty deliberate to me.  I also saw plenty of the points I alluded to in my last post where he discussed why certain aspects of the game would function a specific way.  I have been following the game pretty closely and all of his responses were aligned with what has been previously communicated.
    Gdemami
    edited March 2018
    The Second stream is just starting. There was a delay. I think Brad forgot his flame sword in the bank, and had to go back and get it. 

If you interested in watching you can check out 

https://www.twitch.tv/jimlee

Special guest is Jim Lee of DC comics.
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    Perception system sounds really cool.
    edited March 2018
    If you missed the second stream from last night, you can watch it here : 

Jim Lee had his character bug out in the first 20 mins or so. But you can check out the character creation during that time if you want. 

If you want to see something funny, you can check out Brad ! He decides that he wants to solo the raid boss all by himself. 

https://clips.twitch.tv/ConcernedAltruisticShallotDansGame

Post edited by Kumapon on
    Kilsin