Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beheading Lets You Take a Skull Trophy from Your Fallen Enemy (Eww...) - Crowfall - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageBeheading Lets You Take a Skull Trophy from Your Fallen Enemy (Eww...) - Crowfall - MMORPG.com

Crowfall News - The latest Crowfall developer diary delved into a trio of tasty PvP topics: Unconsciousness, Resurrection and, last but not least, Beheading. Yes, you can lose your head in Crowfall. Let's take a brief look at how these systems work.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    UO did this 20 years ago , i still have the Head of Aries in my bag , guy tried to steal my house ...
    SBFordAlexanderVendiWhiteshade92AlomarJamesGoblin[Deleted User]seraphis79JeffSpicolibobbymcswansonkillerqueerand 3 others.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Scorchien said:

UO did this 20 years ago , i still have the Head of Aries in my bag , guy tried to steal my house ...

And before that it was ear collecting in Diablo 1. :D
    ConstantineMerusAlexanderVendiJamesGoblin[Deleted User]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    That's metal.
    JamesGoblin
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,976
    I am sensing a bad guy vibe here, in Lotro it was only the forces of Sauron who had quests like "Get this many Hobbit feet". :D
    JamesGoblinJeffSpicoli[Deleted User]
  • berlightberlight Member UncommonPosts: 345
    Fucking awesome. \m/
    JamesGoblinJeffSpicoli

Beta tester maniac

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Only flaw with beheading is when you don't get it to keep it as a trophy, well done!
    JamesGoblinrojoArcueid
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    Only flaw with beheading is when you don't get it to keep it as a trophy, well done!
    You mean like a soup bowl?
    ConstantineMerus

kitarad said:
    Or a foot ball.

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung

Torval said:

I think it's tasteless too as I do for UO or D2. At least in LotRO you're the epitome of evil and they're barter currency, not trophies.

I don't mind violence in video games, but there is a line for me where glorifying brutal actions like this goes too far. Is the point to be as violent and horrible as possible, or is it to have a game of competition on the battlefield. This is actually the senseless violence that video games, movies, tv, and media accept that I think contributes to desensitizing people, draining our ability to empathize.

So let me get this right , its ok to Burn alive , Eviscreate , Electricute,Smash skull , Cut Tendon,Incapcitate, Paralyze,Mangle,Hypnotize,Pierce Gut, Puncture Windpipe ,Devastate ,Blackjack,Maul,Drain Life, Cripple Body,Break Leg,Devourer Essence,Inflict Suffering,Leg Twist,Uppercut,Smash Orbital,Blind..................etc etc etc ..

All in hi res animations , but we want to draw the line at cutting off a pixel head ... umm i dont get it
    bobbymcswansonrefo18JamesGoblinManWithNoTan
    Torval said:
    Scorchien said:

Torval said:

I think it's tasteless too as I do for UO or D2. At least in LotRO you're the epitome of evil and they're barter currency, not trophies.

I don't mind violence in video games, but there is a line for me where glorifying brutal actions like this goes too far. Is the point to be as violent and horrible as possible, or is it to have a game of competition on the battlefield. This is actually the senseless violence that video games, movies, tv, and media accept that I think contributes to desensitizing people, draining our ability to empathize.

So let me get this right , its ok to Burn alive , Eviscreate , Electricute,Smash skull , Cut Tendon,Incapcitate, Paralyze,Mangle,Hypnotize,Pierce Gut, Puncture Windpipe ,Devastate ,Blackjack,Maul,Drain Life, Cripple Body,Break Leg,Devourer Essence,Inflict Suffering,Leg Twist,Uppercut,Smash Orbital,Blind..................etc etc etc ..

All in hi res animations , but we want to draw the line at cutting off a pixel head ... umm i dont get it
    I know you don't, but that's okay.
    Well we all know now whose head he's going to take first! ;)
    Scorchien[Deleted User]JamesGoblinKhorrax

Torval said:
    Scorchien said:

Torval said:

I know you don't, but that's okay.
    Well we all know now whose head he's going to take first! ;)
        Well some folks are gonna see it differently , its a game that is full of violent actions .. i dont see a difference... But in my defense i only ever took the Heads of Reds... lol would lock them down in my front yard to .. was funny
    ConstantineMerus
  • AllerleirauhAllerleirauh Member UncommonPosts: 496
    You can behead and sell the heads in Wild Terra; they even have crafting recipes for it lol. Yeah, @SBFord Diablo was the first game that I played that allowed player "trophies".
    Currently Playing: Path of Exile

"I have found a desire within myself that no experience in this world can satisfy; the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." ~ C. S. Lewis
  • bobbymcswansonbobbymcswanson Member UncommonPosts: 204

Torval said:

Wow, i agree 100% .

I would add there is a deconstruction of humainty happening, and if it continues, we as humans will have devolved almost 10,000 years .

Y'all are just being ridiculous now.... it's just set up for bragging rights about who kills who.....I bet yall have played so many violent games gunning people down with m16 and slashing people with swords.....but a trophy of your evil deeds in a fake world.....that's over the line? Lol gtfo
    JamesGoblinManWithNoTan
  • ShaddyDaddyShaddyDaddy Member UncommonPosts: 192
    Torval said:

Wow, i agree 100% .

I would add there is a deconstruction of humainty happening, and if it continues, we as humans will have devolved almost 10,000 years .
    Quick question, Mars_Orbital. Are you suggesting that video game violence is helping with this supposed deconstruction of humanity? Because I can tell ya, as a species, we have always had tendencies for violence, we just get to see it a lot more now due to social media and instant news sources. Video games are not the source of this. People can be just naturally shitty.

JamesGoblinManWithNoTanConstantineMerusTacticalZombeh
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Scorchien said:

Torval said:

It's akin to the difference between a movie showing someone being beheaded, and simply showing someone getting shot.  One is much more graphic to view, though both can end with death.
    JamesGoblin

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Scorchien said:

Torval said:

It's akin to the difference between a movie showing someone being beheaded, and simply showing someone getting shot.  One is much more graphic to view, though both can end with death.
    I think the beheading in Crowfall will be a LOT less visceral than your average FPS or Mortal Kombat game. In these games it is about the violence, the gruesome, here it is "just" a gameplay mechanic. 

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    JamesGoblinKhorraxScorchien[Deleted User]
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

edited March 2018
    Scorchien said:

Torval said:

No.. its not akin to it all.. When and if a Game reaches that level of realism you may have a point .. until then you dont... .. Its nothing like that at all in any of these(MMORPGS) games to date .. and from the looks of CF version .. those looking for a realistic gruesome beheading will be extremely dissapointed ..,.. Its a game .. How many headshots have we all collective pulled off in FPS that are and were much more gruesome than what we are talking about here, several million , but (thats ok )watching brain mater drip down the wall of a bamboo hut ..  ...  get a grip people 

Post edited by Scorchien on
    ManWithNoTan
    Torval said:

an din LOTRO you can take the head of an Orc and stick it on a spear and put it on your mount ...Its no less graphic than what we have in CF
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    I suppose "brutal game is brutal" applies here.

Is this really worse than what we see in the Conan games?

I don't see this being a problem. The "problem" only lies with the individuals who "realllllly" love taking people's heads and get a bit "too" into it.

But those people are going to be in any pvp game, can't really stop them until they cross a line.

[Deleted User]
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,976
    Scorchien said:
    Torval said:

an din LOTRO you can take the head of an Orc and stick it on a spear and put it on your mount ...Its no less graphic than what we have in CF

Yes, but that was a smelly Orc not another person, so that was OK...as long as it was not my smelly Orc.
    JamesGoblin[Deleted User]
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    kitarad said:
    Or a foot ball.
    it would be a nice scarecrow on your in-game house garden too, if there is any housing in the game. And it fits the name of the game too.
    ConstantineMerus

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited March 2018
    I bet most are okay with this, but a naked boob and everyone would freak out

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    I get what you are saying but AOC had that and I don't remember any freaking out. 
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    To be fair, I'd be fine with a boob as well, heck.. Rust let the dongs hang free..
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

Players should use naked boobs as trophy holders for the decapitated heads they have brought home. 

There you go, top that!