Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Evolving Wilds Update - Dauntless Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited March 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageEvolving Wilds Update - Dauntless Videos - MMORPG.com

The Dauntless team has released a new video detailing the "Evolving Wildlands" update that brings a lot of changes to the zones closest to the Ramsgate. Players will find notable improvements to behemoths as well as new weapon attacks and combos alongside bug fixes and feature enhancements.

Read the full story here

Comments

• koldmiserkoldmiser Member RarePosts: 348
    Looking forward to the update!
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Looks like Monster Hunter World, but more Cartoonish character models?
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Renoaku said:
    Yes and no. It belongs to the Monster Hunter genre so it has many similarities but MHW absolutely destroys this game in every aspect. Not that Dauntless is bad, MHW is just that good. I own both and have absolutely no reason to ever play Dauntless.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    xmentyMikeha[Deleted User]FlyByKnight
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• marsxwarmarsxwar Member UncommonPosts: 17
    is this game still in paid access?
    If they want any chance of this game succeeding they'd have to launch it before Monster Hunter World on PC
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889

Renoaku said:

And there is no chance that I'll prefer cartoons over realistic characters of MHW (just like I currently play BDO instead of Albion Online or Tera or Rift or Neverwinter). This game has only 6 months left to live, MHW PC release will devour its player base.
    Mikeha

Thank you for your time!

• WodgeWodge Member UncommonPosts: 46

3dom said:

Renoaku said:

And there is no chance that I'll prefer cartoons over realistic characters of MHW (just like I currently play BDO instead of Albion Online or Tera or Rift or Neverwinter). This game has only 6 months left to live, MHW PC release will devour its player base.

I too, only play mature games for mature gamers such as myself, none of this make believe nonsense for me! *doffs mature gaming hat*
    darkhearts
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    edited March 2018

3dom said:

Renoaku said:

yep, dem realistic dragons be the best ofc, mooon!

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• arbi15arbi15 Member UncommonPosts: 41

Renoaku said:

are you saying you didnt hear of that game before?
  • darkheartsdarkhearts Member UncommonPosts: 159
    It's a fun game until MHW releases. The tier difference can be off-putting to some people due to difficulty jump. (monsters get new move(s) and big number increase)
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Dauntless

MHW

They knew what they were doing when they did Dauntless. I just think they didn't expected for the real guy to show up so soon. Nice try.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯