Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Few questions about Rift Prime ?

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
Back in the day I loved the Classes and the Rifts.  

Last night I watched a few gameplays and someone briefly mentioned A fix quickly without an explanation..... It was SOMETHING MAJOR as to why I stopped playing..... Anyway, here's my questions: 

1)  Quest design - You have to play alone.  Each zone had several quest hubs.  Each quest hub gave you a "chain quest".  This chain quest had to be done solo unless you match quest for quest with another player.  In order to play with others you HAD to stay on target with other players or the chain was broken.  Moving on to the next quest hub, same thing "chain quest".

I played Rift with a real life friend and we simply couldn't match quest unless we STRICLY PLAYED TOGEATHER.  We both had to create alts. to play alone.  

With my play alone character I would often try and play with others, only to find it impossible.  Working with a Guild member was impossible too.  It was always a case of help someone quickly and leave. 

I proved this over and over with teaming with others in the world.  NEVER COULD MATCH QUEST !  

It's amazing how this was never a topic at release.... In game it was a major problem with everyone, I would see everyone playing alone, yet unspoken.... No one ever talked about it.  

Is this fixed ? 

2)  Easy - Every mmorpg went crazy easy for some odd reason.  Another solo stunt !  

If the game went crazy easy, you don't have to answer question one. 

Is the game easy ?

Comments

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    No answer, so I guess I'll answer it myself: 

I don't think they could have fixed the chain quest that causes everyone to play solo..... They would have to re-write the entire game. 

I sure the game went crazy easy...... They always do when a game goes F2P.  I'm sure they would keep it crazy easy if they were to change it back. 

Additional comments: 

By looking at overall low amount of post here on mmorpg.com, I would say percentage wise, the move to Rift prime is not that popular..... It's too late to pull a marketing stunt like this. 

It's kind of like this.  If someone was to steal money from you, then apologize, you would never look at them the same way again..... Screw it !
    YashaX
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    You should not automatically assume that it is popularity of Rift Prime that is in question but it could be no one read your post or bothered to reply. More plausible explanation in my view is the latter.
    YashaXKajidourden

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    You realize most people just skip over your threads right?  Kind of have a reputation for just rambling about nothing.