Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Streamer 'Ninja' & Drake Rack Up 600k Viewers During Fortnite Session - Fortnite News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageStreamer 'Ninja' & Drake Rack Up 600k Viewers During Fortnite Session - Fortnite News

Last night, rapper Drake joined up with Twitch streamer Ninja to play Fortnite. During the event, the pair racked up a whopping 600,000 concurrent viewers for a one-man stream and smashed all previous records. The numbers exploded after Drake Tweeted that he was playing and a lot of his 36.7M followers decided to show up. 

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Post edited by SBFord on

Comments

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    I'm confused. The article said the 600,000 concurrent viewers "smashed all previous records". Then later says the all time twitch record was over a million concurrent viewers.
    --------------------------------------------
  • bobbymcswansonbobbymcswanson Member UncommonPosts: 204
    That ninja kid is crazy how the hell do you build that fast holy shit
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    Fortnite blew him up. He's so ridiculously good at it, and the game itself exploded in popularity as well. The perfect storm for him. Drake obviously tonight is really inflating things, but it's insane his channel growth over the past 6 weeks.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited March 2018
    I'm confused. The article said the 600,000 concurrent viewers "smashed all previous records". Then later says the all time twitch record was over a million concurrent viewers.
    It's the record for concurrent viewers for a one-man stream. The other is for an event stream. I adjusted things to make that more clear. Thanks for pointing that out. :)
    WellspringPhry

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    Drake is flat out a marketing beast.
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Is this Drake actually playing or is it more like Snoop "playing"?
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    View bots!
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Albatroes said:
    Is this Drake actually playing or is it more like Snoop "playing"?
    There are a few celebs that actually play it ;)

https://www.polygon.com/2018/3/15/17123162/drake-ninja-fortnite-stream

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• MykellMykell Member UncommonPosts: 780
    I saw a rugby league player imitating the healing bandages after scoring a try a week ago. The commentators had no idea what he was doing.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Who is "Drake? "

;)

AndistotleScot

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MaleklumMaleklum Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Using a subpar "famous" "singer" to boost views should not qualify for records of this kind imho
    The Doc is still the champ for me.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955

Kyleran said:

Who is "Drake? "

;)

Drake is a Canadian rapper, you can rely on us UK dudes to tell you US dudes about that sort of stuff. :)
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    I watched a bit to see what all the fuss was about....boring. You even watch him sitting there waiting for the match to launch, I have seen paint dry more eventfully. If you like watching this, why don't you just play the darn game?
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Scot said:

Kyleran said:

Who is "Drake? "

;)

Drake is a Canadian rapper, you can rely on us UK dudes to tell you US dudes about that sort of stuff. :)
    As yet another Brit though who only heard of Drake because of 'fortnite' i wouldn't rely on most of us to know who he is either, apparently he's pretty good at fortnite too  :p
    Scot