Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Erin Roberts Interview Uncut

Comments

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Babuinix said:
    Funny how they had all the answers when they were selling these ideas to people, now that it's got to be put into practice it's erm, uhh, errr, you know, you know, you know, you know, we'll see etc
    Why bring Frontier/Braben spacelegs/atmo planets "very excited for the future" speech to the mix?  :D

It's a 10 year plan!!!  :'(
    Look, look, I'm pointing over there, don't look here....
    Psychos1sTheScavenger
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    edited March 2018
    No no... Just look everywhere.

Theres games in development besides your bellybutton of hate lol  :D
    Psychos1s
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited March 2018

If you don't care what I or others think why do you spend so much time trying to tell people they're wrong and/or defending your opinion?

That makes zero sense.
    I already stated and explained my opinion of it, you are free to disagree. You have your opinion, I disagree and think you are wrong.

If you want to go any further and keep engaging me in a loop just to get this thread with 100 pages, why not?
    Psychos1srpmcmurphyGdemamiEponyxDamorTheScavenger
  • Psychos1sPsychos1s Member UncommonPosts: 191
    MaxBacon said:
    bartoni33 said:
    Well the drama sucked me in so I HAD to watch OP's video.

Only two (2) solutions here:

1: MaxBacon has never watched British television or has never heard someones "bad" accent from GB.

2: He is totally white-knighting here.

Dude obviously does not have a "speech impediment" :D

Does he have a hard to understand regional accent? Yep. Does he sometimes have problems getting his thoughts out properly? Yep. Does it get worse when he starts grasping for answers of questions he either can't answer honestly or just does not know? Quite obviously.

Honestly Max this is beyond the pale for you. Someday you have to just face it that CIG is not ran by the best or brightest in the industry.  Doesn't mean that a game will never come out. Just that the Brothers Roberts are kinda incompetent.

You don't have to have any speech impediment to have a type of speech that results on you butchering phrases and so on beyond simply an accent. On the case of Erin my opinion is that he speaks before he gathers his thoughts and easily loses it especially when asked more complex questions, to me is not lack of knowledge because that shows to also happen when he clearly knows the answer (as stating something he had just said again) yet fails to deliver it anyway, ends up babbling; so in my opinion that gets worse through the footage I've seen of him on both scenarios, not only the one you mention.

The last bit of your post is useless hyperbole, is not relevant to this, neither would I stand it is and they stand without error. To the point, I stand my opinion, you stand yours, and we can all move on, if not, then this thread will get to 100 pages of this.
    So now he doesn't have a speech impediment, he just butchers sentences based on how much bullshit is dribbling from his mouth. Thanks for clearing that up Max.

I do have one question, with all the backtracking you seem to be doing, are your fingers moon walking over the keyboard as you type?
    MaxBaconTheScavenger
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    MaxBacon said:

If you don't care what I or others think why do you spend so much time trying to tell people they're wrong and/or defending your opinion?

That makes zero sense.
    I already stated and explained my opinion of it, you are free to disagree. You have your opinion, I disagree and think you are wrong.

If you want to go any further and keep engaging me in a loop just to get this thread with 100 pages, why not?
    And your opinion that we are attacking someone who you think has a speech impediment and that they can’t organize their thoughts about game features is very much wrong.

Erin is the head of the studio making SQ42 and he can’t properly answer if they are going to patch in additional content? His answer to that question should have gone one of three ways

1) yes we plan on patching in additional content
    2) yes we plan on patching additional content and we have a plan in the works for the staggering of content
    3) we have no plans to patch in additional content

Instead we hear about the benefits of download vs physical disc, the story is going to be great and that they will do bug fixes for some edge cases. I’m sorry but that doesn’t sound like a man who knows what the hell is going on especially when he’s asked the same question twice because he just opened his mouth and the verbal diarrhea started flowing.

Psychos1sTheScavenger
    Psychos1s said:
    So now he doesn't have a speech impediment, he just butchers sentences based on how much bullshit is dribbling from his mouth. Thanks for clearing that up Max.

I do have one question, with all the backtracking you seem to be doing, are your fingers moon walking over the keyboard as you type?
    No the tones on my view remain the same with or without a proper impediment on his speech, as with my disagreement with what was being implied. So no, sorry to rain in your parade.

And I shall repeat myself again, I already stated and explained my opinion of it, you are free to disagree. You have your opinion, I disagree and think you are wrong.
    Psychos1sGdemamiEponyxDamorTheScavenger
    edited March 2018
    Kefo said:
    I’m sorry but that doesn’t sound like a man who knows what the hell is going on especially when he’s asked the same question twice because he just opened his mouth and the verbal diarrhea started flowing.
    I disagree, the example you give is his way of saying 3, with the exception of things like bug-fixes, I already explained my view on it, I shall repeat myself again, you are free to disagree. You have your opinion, I disagree and think you are wrong, I have nothing more to add.
    GdemamiTheScavenger
    MaxBacon said:

That makes zero sense.

Eyes shut, fingers in ears and lalalalalalalala
    TheScavenger
    edited March 2018
    You posted your opinion and view, I posted mines, but it seems you aren't satisfied, you want to break me into submitting to your opinion as fact, well, refer to the previous post once again.
    GdemamiEponyxDamorTheScavenger
    MaxBacon said:
    You posted your opinion and view, I posted mines, but it seems you aren't satisfied, you want to break me into submitting to your opinion as fact, well, refer to the previous post once again.
    No Max that is not what I am doing at all. You are perfectly entitled to give or withhold your opinion as you see fit, everyone has to respect that. The above comment was in response to you posting something entirely unrelated to what was being asked. It just felt like a copy/paste response.

---

I do think it's a shame that we, as in all of us, cannot have more civil discussions but as is so often the case, assumptions are made about people's intentions, history factors in, lines are drawn, the handbags come out and it just gets more and more about 'you're wrong, I'm right' instead of any semblence of decency.

Personally I find whiteknights pretty infuriating because they refuse to concede or even entertain validity in other people's views, seemingly done out of some weird sense of loyalty to whatever it is they are defending. Any so-called hater will tell you that their are good things about Star Citizen, they might not admit that a lot of the time because of forum PvP, but hearing WKs admit that their are any bad things is really like trying to leech blood from a stone :)
    sgelPsychos1sKefoTheScavenger
    edited March 2018
    No Max that is not what I am doing at all. You are perfectly entitled to give or withhold your opinion as you see fit, everyone has to respect that. The above comment was in response to you posting something entirely unrelated to what was being asked. It just felt like a copy/paste response.

Personally I find whiteknights pretty infuriating because they refuse to concede or even entertain validity in other people's views, seemingly done out of some weird sense of loyalty to whatever it is they are defending. Any so-called hater will tell you that their are good things about Star Citizen, they might not admit that a lot of the time because of forum PvP, but hearing WKs admit that their are any bad things is really like trying to leech blood from a stone :)
    All I can do is copy-paste the same response, already discussed the points both ways, there's nothing more to say but that I disagree with you and you disagree with me, we are not talking about a matter of fact.

Your last bit is fun, when I left Frontier I got many PMs and it was fun to see that people who savagely shut me down in the forum would only privately said they usually agreed with what I said, fun times. And for me there are quite bad things, problem we can't discuss it because the hyperbole and trolling that drives this forum polarizes things, so I have those discussions within our SC org.
    TheScavengerGdemami
    MaxBacon said:
    All I can do is copy-paste the same response, already discussed the points both ways, there's nothing more to say but that I disagree with you and you disagree with me, we are not talking about a matter of fact.

I have to admit I am confused, when you keep saying this I do not know if you think we are talking about opinions regarding Erin or something else. I'm talking about the something else which is something we haven't discussed, we haven't disagreed on and there are no matters of fact.

MaxBacon said:
    Your last bit is fun, when I left Frontier I got many PMs and it was fun to see that people who savagely shut me down in the forum would only privately said they usually agreed with what I said, fun times. And for me there are quite bad things, problem we can't discuss it because the hyperbole and trolling that drives this forum polarizes things, so I have those discussions within our SC org.

:)
    TheScavenger
    edited March 2018
    And so It shall be. better edit :p 
    rpmcmurphyTheScavenger
    edited March 2018

This sums it up, in the real world they're known as brown noses and most people cannot stand it.

The thing that I've noticed over the years, is it tends to be white knighting that ends up damaging a game in the long run. The devs just end up being surrounded by yes men who can see no wrong in anything that's done. SC is a prime example, despite all the missed deadlines, warning signs that the project is suffering massive delays and general underhanded tactics used, it all gets brushed aside with excuses of not understanding game development or just simply labeling people as haters / goons.

It would be great to see a game like SC released, though honestly I think the community should've piped up long ago to reign in Chris. Now, I think it's too late, the sheer amount of things that need to be added to the game is staggering, especially when considering even basic things are still borked.
    TheScavenger
    edited March 2018
    Psychos1s said:
    ...game development or just simply labeling people as haters / goons.
    Well take your activity in this forum, you only post on SC to put the game or its devs under bad light or the say something negative, never, ever anything else aside of that, so in any game forum and community I have ever seen, that person will be labeled as one hater. The fact the discussion is SC does not redefine that.
    TheScavengerGdemami
    edited March 2018
    MaxBacon said:
    Psychos1s said:
    ...game development or just simply labeling people as haters / goons.
    Well take your activity in this forum, you only post on SC to put the game or its devs under bad light or the say something negative, never, ever anything else aside of that, so in any game forum and community I have ever seen, that person will be labeled as one hater. The fact the discussion is SC does not redefine that.
    Honestly Max, I rarely post on forums as the majority of the time I simply can't be bothered, take this place I've been a member since 2004, though I only have 127 posts. The reason why I make posts regarding SC is, I don't like the constant rabid defense of it, or any game for that matter, as stated in my previous post I think white knighting is bad for games.

And on top of that some of the stuff really is comedy gold, it would be rude not to have a laugh now and then.
    rpmcmurphyKefoTheScavenger
    edited March 2018
    Psychos1s said:
    This sums it up, in the real world they're known as brown noses and most people cannot stand it.

The thing that I've noticed over the years, is it tends to be white knighting that ends up damaging a game in the long run. The devs just end up being surrounded by yes men who can see no wrong in anything that's done. SC is a prime example, despite all the missed deadlines, warning signs that the project is suffering massive delays and general underhanded tactics used, it all gets brushed aside with excuses of not understanding game development or just simply labeling people as haters / goons.

It would be great to see a game like SC released, though honestly I think the community should've piped up long ago to reign in Chris. Now, I think it's too late, the sheer amount of things that need to be added to the game is staggering, especially when considering even basic things are still borked.

I remember shortly after SWTOR released there was a lot of complaining about the game, rightly or wrongly so much of it was put down to whiteknights being unable to be critical during the beta periods.

As you say, criticism is a requirement, sure some of it gets out of hand but to see people misguidingly shout down criticism is like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Even if we were to try and keep criticism about in game stuff there is so little game to actually talk about, we could talk about the TTK or forced character movement or space combat but those discussions have been going on since 2014. The game seriously needs mechanics in place instead of new locations that do nothing more than offer new desktop wallpapers.
    TheScavenger
    Psychos1s said:
    Honestly Max, I rarely post on forums as the majority of the time I simply can't be bothered, take this place I've been a member since 2004, though I only have 127 posts. The reason why I make posts regarding SC is, I don't like the constant rabid defense of it, or any game for that matter, as stated in my previous post I think white knighting is bad for games.

And on top of that some of the stuff really is comedy gold, it would be rude not to have a laugh now and then.
    This is just entertainment, it's not meant to discuss, never was one person on a SC discussion that ever changed their mind on something on a discussion, it's just meant to fight over our different views on things in a never-ending loop. It's the forum PvP of things, it keeps it alive.
    TheScavengerGdemami
  • BalmongBalmong Member UncommonPosts: 170
    In all honesty I just see a guy who isn't great at public speaking. I look just as poleaxed when you stick me in front of a camera too. The stutters while he tries to organize his thoughts only reinforce my opinion, the guy is just nervous in front of cameras. 

Psychos1s said:

Even if we were to try and keep criticism about in game stuff there is so little game to actually talk about, we could talk about the TTK or forced character movement or space combat but those discussions have been going on since 2014. The game seriously needs mechanics in place instead of new locations that do nothing more than offer new desktop wallpapers.
    At this point, having played both games, I feel SC is approaching E:D in content. The only real difference being, and i'll use an analogy, E:D has spread the butter (content) over the whole bagel, while SC is spreading it over a bite. Despite one being released, I still get that "Shit, now what?" feeling in both games after a bit of play.

There is quite a bit of content to critique in both games though, and most conversations revolve around the current META and what changes could be made to that to improve the game. In 3.1, for instance, they're adding 4 new ships. That's content that's going to require feedback and players to mess with until they break. Stack that with changes to the IFCS, which has had some legendarily long threads on the forums, and the players can wax philosophical for a bit.

I think perspective is the key to criticism at this point. From the outside looking in, the game may look a little barren, but from the inside there's quite a bit of discussion about current and proposed content.
    Gdemami
    Balmong said:
    At this point, having played both games, I feel SC is approaching E:D in content.
    Sorry man but LOL.
    KefoTheScavenger
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited March 2018
    Someone (won't name names since thats against forum rules) in this thread went through my post history and WTF'ed a bunch of my posts.

I lolled hard.
    MaxBaconEponyxDamor

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

MaxBacon said:
    Psychos1s said:

This is just entertainment, it's not meant to discuss, never was one person on a SC discussion that ever changed their mind on something on a discussion, it's just meant to fight over our different views on things in a never-ending loop. It's the forum PvP of things, it keeps it alive.
    Pretty sure I've agreed with Erillion on a few points in the past where he made very good arguments. So unfortunately you're wrong again.
    Erillion
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:
    I’m sorry but that doesn’t sound like a man who knows what the hell is going on especially when he’s asked the same question twice because he just opened his mouth and the verbal diarrhea started flowing.
    I disagree, the example you give is his way of saying 3, with the exception of things like bug-fixes, I already explained my view on it, I shall repeat myself again, you are free to disagree. You have your opinion, I disagree and think you are wrong, I have nothing more to add.

and yet Erin still isn't able to coherently express his thoughts in as few words as possible. Seriously I can understand someone being nervous and stuttering a bit or umm and ahh here and there because that's what nerves do but when you wander all over the map from digital downloads to the story and then over to bug fixes (which was one part of the question) then he comes across as clueless much like his brother in my opinion when you ask him specific questions.

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    Cmon people. Only 8k short of 180$Million. Keep it up.
    Babuinix said:
    Cmon people. Only 8k short of 180$Million. Keep it up.
    Well it's about 1/3rd of what they need to pay for monthly studio costs. So c'mon people indeed.
    BabuinixScotchUp