Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Asheron's Call private server?

Hey guys, is there an AC1 private server up and running?  If not, why not?  Also, has there been any talk of a community effort to buy the rights to the code?  They shit canned it, so I wonder how much it would be worth?

Comments

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Man, is this game lost to the ages?
    Gonna try again!  I miss AC!  Anyone know of a safe, stable emulator that's running?
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    edited March 2018
    Scratch my original reply,  appears Warner Bros is issuing Cease and Desist orders on anyone trying to create an AC private server.

http://massivelyop.com/2017/09/18/asherons-call-emulator-lead-explains-what-went-down-with-the-cease-and-desist/

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Ah man, WTF do they care at this point?
  • FinvegaFinvega Member RarePosts: 260
    I play regularly on an AC emulator. The community is pretty solid, up-time acceptable, lag so-so. Seem's like the real deal for the most part, as they are still adding things.
  • Cuppett5Cuppett5 Member UncommonPosts: 156
    Wish we could get a Asheron's Call: Classic or just make AC3 with the games core values. 
  • Shooter564567Shooter564567 Member UncommonPosts: 44
    I played for 3 years... when it first came out.. it was the best MMO made at the time.. way ahead of its time.. it had a seamless zoneless game world and the largest land mass.. Everquest was shit in comparison.  The only reason it wasn't more popular was because it wasn't based around the typical fantasy world of elves and dwarves and was hardly advertised much.. but even so there were 2,000 players online at peak times per server with like at least 5 servers running...  that was a lot back than...
  • marmudmarmud Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    i doubt it
  • wyldmagikwyldmagik Member UncommonPosts: 516
    Of course three are emulator servers, just google reddit asherons call and you will no doubt find all your info there. Even a few pvp servers are up.

ScotUngood
  • unleashwowunleashwow Newbie CommonPosts: 3
    where is the wow categories?
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,517
    Hey guys, is there an AC1 private server up and running?  If not, why not?  Also, has there been any talk of a community effort to buy the rights to the code?  They shit canned it, so I wonder how much it would be worth?
    It was offered up for sale, and no one bought it.

As far as getting the code, I think it is in the land of total vaporware now.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.