Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gaems Vanguard Monitor Review - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageGaems Vanguard Monitor Review - MMORPG.com

Ever since I bought my Nintendo Switch, I’ve been sad that my much more powerful PlayStation 4 isn’t as portable. The folks at Gaems, makers of portable personal console gaming monitors obviously know my pain. They sent us a sample of the Vanguard Black Edition to review, and while it doesn’t have the world’s highest visual quality, the utility of the monitor more than makes up for those shortcomings.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    I was going to write some sarcastic response to this but I can't even.

It's a prehistoric laptop with no keyboard. I get it, but it's pretty silly in context to where we are in hardware progression.

It's gonna be a no from me dawg.
    BillMurphyJeffSpicolidzjokerApridise
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

It's a prehistoric laptop with no keyboard. I get it, but it's pretty silly in context to where we are in hardware progression.

It's for console gamers. If you're not one, there's definitely no need for it. I love the thing. I bring my PS4 to the office now. :)
    Apridise

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I'd be worried about air flow through the unit. Heat buildup can destroy a console. But it's an interesting idea and looks kinda cool.
    JeffSpicoliApridise

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010

It's a carry case that doubles as a screen.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    edited March 2018
    HIS FIRST INVENTION Never quite "caught on" but i think he has a hit on his hands this time
    BillMurphy[Deleted User]SBFordSovrathFlyByKnightdzjoker
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    720p? come on, you can buy a 1080p screen for less than $100.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

It's for console gamers. If you're not one, there's definitely no need for it. I love the thing. I bring my PS4 to the office now. :)

Of ALL the places to need a 19" monitor and a PS4 built into a bag, YOUR office is what you came up with?

You could have made up a story about an elderly relative who lives in a nursing home that doesn't have TVs but loves to play Street Fighter 5 when you visit.

Give them back their ad money Bill. You ruined it. :(
    BillMurphyApridise
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Did a little online checking and size isn't a problem if they wanted to go with a 1920 x 1080 screen, which I think the should've. For myself I'm giving it a pass mostly since me and consoles do get along well.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    Tiller said:
    720p? come on, you can buy a 1080p screen for less than $100.
    with a case that also carries your machine?

I imagine you just have to open it and plug it in. It seems to protect everything as if it was packed, you open, play, close and you are good to go.

I do think it's ugly but I'm sure I'm not the demographic they were catering to.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851
    I mean at least it.....no I can't even.
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Of ALL the places to need a 19" monitor and a PS4 built into a bag, YOUR office is what you came up with?

You could have made up a story about an elderly relative who lives in a nursing home that doesn't have TVs but loves to play Street Fighter 5 when you visit.

What are you talking about? I work three jobs, and the fact that I can now bring my PS4 to my office means I can actually review PS4 games when I need to without staying up to 3am after my kids are asleep, or angering my family by taking over the living room. Was I supposed to use it some other way just to appease you?
    ForgrimmApridise

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

edited March 2018

What are you talking about? I work three jobs, and the fact that I can now bring my PS4 to my office means I can actually review PS4 games when I need to without staying up to 3am after my kids are asleep, or angering my family by taking over the living room. Was I supposed to use it some other way just to appease you?
    My bad bro, I didn't know one of your jobs was a place that outlaws game systems and 19 inch monitors unless they're inside of an overpriced bag.  :D

I thought you were just doing a miserable job at advertising silly hardware. No judgement.
    BillMurphyrenstaMoonffang

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • ApridiseApridise Member UncommonPosts: 72
    Or you can spend $10-$15 and buy an HDMI switch.