Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

which one is better Conan exiles or ARK ?

badermalbadermal Member UncommonPosts: 250
edited March 2018 in General Gaming
which one is better in terms of content?

which one is better in terms of base raiding?

which one is better in terms of pvp?

which one got persistent world? (not frequent wipe)

which one is fun to play which we dont get bored ?

and overall which one is better? 

ps @kyleran you will say that i made another thread to find shadowbane like game again? :P cause this thread totally different from what i made  before lol

Kyleran

Comments

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited March 2018
    which one is better in terms of content?
    Ark Survival, it also has a HUGE modding community

which one is better in terms of base raiding?
    Honestly, Conan Exiles for me. Ark bases can be near immune cause of dinos and super strong walls. But on counter of that, the dinos are stupid as hell. Some bases can be in super hidden/hard to get areas. I find conan exiles is a lot more fun for raiding bases.

which one is better in terms of pvp?
    Equal imo. Despite base raiding being annoying, it is fun to PvP with dinos. Conan exiles is probably a bit more balanced though.

which one got persistent world? (not frequent wipe)
    --

which one is fun to play which we dont get bored ?
    Well...ark has mods that add a ton of gameplay so if get bored just mod it. Ignoring mods, probably ark if you like pokemon. Ark just has more content so get bored a lot slower

with that said...

ark by default (without mods/changing settings) feels super grindy and things take ages to do anything. conan exiles feels like a lot less grindy by default

and overall which one is better? 
    Ark currently. And I think its a lot more popular, so a more chance of a lot more content being added. And...I don't really trust funcom very much. They make good games, but they always lack long term support and their games never do that well. 
    MaxBacon

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    edited March 2018
    I've played neither game but were I to try one I'd go with ARK.

It has more content because its been around longer and is actually "released", an imporant criteria since I wait a year or so post launch to play games. (One reason I've not played any Survival games yet)

Second, Funcom struggles always to deliver quality software and usually take a year or two post launch to get everything properly up to snuff.

Finally, ask yourself which you would enjoy more, riding dinosaurs or enslaving thralls.

The answer to that might reveal  some insight to the "inner you."

B)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Kyleran said:

It has more content because its been around longer and is actually "released", an imporant criteria since I wait a year or so post launch to play games. (One reason I've not played any Survival games yet)

Second, Funcom struggles always to deliver quality software and usually take a year or two post launch to get everything properly up to snuff.

Finally, ask yourself which you would enjoy more, riding dinosaurs or enslaving thralls.

B)
    I'm into riding thralls and enslaving dinosaurs. What does that tell about me? :|
    Kylerandougha1Hatefull
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    Kyleran said:

B)
    I'm into riding thralls and enslaving dinosaurs. What does that tell about me? :|
    That you might enjoy wearing women's ....

Naw, I'd better stop unless I want to risk a timeout.

;)
    ConstantineMerusdougha1

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:

B)
    That you might enjoy wearing women's ....

Naw, I'd better stop unless I want to risk a timeout.

;)
    How did you... How did you know? :|
    KyleranPhry
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • badermalbadermal Member UncommonPosts: 250
    ok thanks so raiding is great in conan exiles? and also  if compared same with rust which one will be better?
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Kyleran said:

B)
    But . . . but . . .  but . . . the thralls can be naked with full nudity, well so can dinosaurs, but our brains don't react the same way to naked dinosaurs. Conan Exiles officially releases on May 8th, 2018.

I'm on hiatus from that while I play Path of Exile. I went into hiatus from Project entropia with passive income coming about $8 per month from the game, so it's pretty good :). When my character inevitably dies in Path of Exile, I'll quit the league as usual and may find a new game or go back to Conan exiles or play some Civ 5. 

Cryomatrix
    Kyleran
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations.