Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Prime Server Launches - Time to Go Back to the Future - Rift - MMORPG.com

Comments

• kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    Dragnelus said:
    Athisar said:
    Myrdynn said:
    yah I started back on Rift today but I just started on f2p for now to see if I would enjoy it, and I am having fun.  Going to sub tomorrow for a month and see how it goes

is there any reason to get the special 30$ sub vs the 15?
    You get a mount, a cosmetic cloak and a title. If you think you'll play for more than a month it makes sense to get it for the mount.
    I don't like the mount nor the gear. So I can get 3 months sub for less than 30 euro. (from third party 30 days cost 8,99)
    Which are these third party sites ? 
    Thrustworthy and legal ?

I was thinking about just trying one month because Rift is one of the few mmos I never tried. Honestly I doubt I will last a month but probably worth a ten'er for laughs and giggles (and no I def do not want to try live for free).
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    Athisar said:
    JudgeUK said:
    Am I missing something here?
    If new players want to try it out then they can without any cost on the ftp server.
    If you played this game then got fed up with it, what's the attraction of starting again rather than picking up your previous characters?
    The live game is pretty dead, you won't have people levelling up with you to do dungeons, pvp, etc, and the cash shop / minions crap is pretty pay to win. Also the current end game doesn't compare to how it was before all this.
    Thanks for the info. It didn't manage to sustain a sub only model last time round, so not sure what's going to happen to change that with this second coming.
    It would be great to see it thrive without descending into the ftp mess. My heart hopes it will, my head says it's a short term fad with a six month lifetime. I hope my heart is the winner.
  • daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    I would love they make CURRENT Rift as good as original release was. THAT would be only reason for me to return. Rift had one of most fluid in polished releases ever in MMO world .... later they ruined a lot (still less then Swtor or Gw2 for me).
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    Myrdynn said:
    yah I started back on Rift today but I just started on f2p for now to see if I would enjoy it, and I am having fun.  Going to sub tomorrow for a month and see how it goes

You get a mount at level 1 and 2 15 day free game time vouchers you can give away or use for yourself, so some junk and two months of game time, which means you about get what you pay for.
    what speed is the mount?  And do I still get my turtle mount anyways?
  • LurvLurv Member UncommonPosts: 409
    They should have done this with Archeage and also removed Apex as well.

Getting too old for this $&17!

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    If this is successful they might.
    Chamber of Chains
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    edited March 2018
    This is more on XLgame to do that work to make it like Rift Prime. It may happen with Trion may have the more say with Rift Prime doing so well, but the hard part is Rift Prime don't end up dying off after 3 months. Then may not happen.
  • AshluraAshlura Member UncommonPosts: 127

I never return to a game once I leave it. Companies really need to think long term from the start rather than the quick dollar. Ultima Online is still going after all these years because of the longevity of the game. Anyone can start in the game and be equal in PvP and PvE within no time at all. It really made the game a long term investment as new players were always able to continue playing.

This is one of those, "Should I come back?" things and its not worth the "maybe"

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Torval said:
    Myrdynn said:

On F2P not really. If you're going to play Prime, it's easily the most early convenient feature you can buy. Running around is a pain. By around level 10 - 12 you should have enough for a basic mount that doesn't scale speed. The primogenitor mount is basic speed but also scales to the speed of the fastest mount you buy. It's a bit more fancy looking than the basic mounts. The cheapest basic mounts are all fairly plain horses I think. The bundle mount is a big cat and fancy.

Basic mount speed is 60% faster than run speed. The next tier mounts are 90% faster and you can't ride them until around level 35.

The bundle mount, if I understand properly, won't be accessible on live (f2p) servers until Vigil is closed and characters move to Live. So if you plan on playing live only then keep that in mind.

The $30 sub bundle (Primogenitor) is 2 months of sub time anyway so if you plan on playing Priime for 2 months or more might as well get the fancy mount from day 1. You'll get the most use out of it earliest. It will continue to be useful at end game.
    Agreed, the bundle is basically sub time, but with a few additional perks for buying the 2nd month up front.  I think it's worth it.

My Warlock's now high enough to run dungeons (decided to switch back when I figured out I could switch to Warlock soul with no cost), and he's been lots of fun.  DoT 'em up and burn 'em down!
    [Deleted User]MrMelGibsonDragnelus

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    edited March 2018
    Torval said:
    Myrdynn said:

Basic mount speed is 60% faster than run speed. The next tier mounts are 90% faster and you can't ride them until around level 35.

level 25 got mine with favor!

Edit: Check my name haha!

Post edited by Dragnelus on
    [Deleted User]MrMelGibsonMadFrenchiecheyane

• MinxsterMinxster Member UncommonPosts: 1
    edited March 2018

Celcius said:

So the new thing in MMORPGs is lets take a game on life support and relaunch it and hope for the Realm Reborn effect or has it become profitable to do this for a quick cash injection?

Pretty much. Rift is a pretty much dead game at this point with a very very low population. ArcheAge might be one of the few  games with less people playing it. I expect it to shut down fairly soon. 

IMO - if they could marry Rift and ArcheAge it would be an awesome game. I love the fact that wardrobe, mounts, pets etc... are stored on Character. I really love the dimensions in Rift. I played Rift for over a year and AA for over 2 yrs now. Am getting bored with AA but have so much stuff on my character in storage chests on properties and no clue how to save everything if I dropped patron. Annoying. At least on Rift, all my stuff is still there on my toon and in my dims. I also love that items are shared across all my toons. Not sure I will be trying Rift Prime anytime soon.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Torval said:
    Torval said:
    I did some rift and zone event grinding today and got 1500 planarite and went from 17 - 19.
    @Torval What side are you playing on?  Defiant or the rift Alliance? Can't remember the second faction name lol.
    I'm defiant. My character is an Eth Mage - Ruvan.

At 20 I moved over to Stonefield rifts and they were dropping a ton more planarite since I wasn't so overleveled. I got harbinger unlocked, a third role slot, and am working on a Jedi build (harb/chloro/elem) for rifts and overland questing.

Guardians and Defiants seem very much alike having played both. I like Defiant better because clockwork magicka is cooler than sci-fi mysticism. That's how I see defiants and guardians.

edit: I did make a guardian rogue, but I've not played him yet. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with that slot. I have my hands full with the main right now.
    @Torval Couldn't help myself and picked up prime.  My mages name is "MrLobster", feel free to add me anyone playing.
    [Deleted User]DragnelusMadFrenchie
  • AllerleirauhAllerleirauh Member UncommonPosts: 496
    Torval said:
    I forgot which event this came from but I'm hoping we'll see this one too.

It's from Carnival of the Ascended. The event actually starts today (March 14th) on RIFT Live. https://www.thegharstation.com/2018/03/13/rift-datamining-march-14th-patch-carnival-and-prime-spoilers/
    [Deleted User]DragnelusMrMelGibson
    Currently Playing: Path of Exile

"I have found a desire within myself that no experience in this world can satisfy; the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." ~ C. S. Lewis

How?

MrMelGibson

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Dragnelus said:

How?

Little sleep a lot of monster energy most I can think of.

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Coming back to Rift after several years really hammers home how amazing some aspects of this game are. In particular 1) its rift/invasion system makes the world so much more dynamic than other mmos/games, I think this aspect can and should be pushed even further, but its so nice experiencing it again; 2) the dynamic and flexible class system; 3) the atmosphere and music.

There are a few clunky parts, but what surprises me is that in some ways it feels more advanced than recent mmos.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    YashaX said:
    Coming back to Rift after several years really hammers home how amazing some aspects of this game are. In particular 1) its rift/invasion system makes the world so much more dynamic than other mmos/games, I think this aspect can and should be pushed even further, but its so nice experiencing it again; 2) the dynamic and flexible class system; 3) the atmosphere and music.

There are a few clunky parts, but what surprises me is that in some ways it feels more advanced than recent mmos.
    You sound like me going on about Rift in every discussion about dynamic world building. :)

I really thought Rift would be the start of more dynamic event development in MMOs and that it would have been taken much further and done much better by now. Sadly it really hasn't. GW2 tried but theirs are just too canned, predictable and repetitive.

To this day IMO, no one has really improved on Rift in that respect.
    YashaXSovrath
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

YashaX said:

The soul system is pretty epic.  I'm spending as much time theory crafting my builds as I am leveling. :D
    YashaX

• AthisarAthisar Member UncommonPosts: 666
    It's still fun to play but I see that one week in they have already added loads of extra items to the cash shop, when everyone is already paying a sub to play and this is very old content. No balancing problems fixed in the patch at all.
    It was a grind! But I can be a healer now!

MadFrenchie

Dragnelus said:

I'm currently trying to figure out if a Warlock primary/Necro secondary is viable.  Can't get the 31+ pet with only 15 points in Necro...  So not sure if it will be viable after 30.
    Dragnelus

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
      I checked out last nite , just hit me as  i got to lvl 30 , i dont want to do this again , i have 3 max lvl toons on Live and i have done all this stuff sooo many times .. ..

Have fun tho folks , it is a fun game .. if you havent already been there done that ..
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Dragnelus said:

I'm currently trying to figure out if a Warlock primary/Necro secondary is viable.  Can't get the 31+ pet with only 15 points in Necro...  So not sure if it will be viable after 30.
    Can you only have 15 points in necro in Prime if you want to max out Warlock?
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    My biggest question about this whole thing is this:  If the progression (read: vanilla) version of this game is so much better than what ultimately is the point if they plan to dump your character into live RIFT once it's all over?  Just a bit of nostalgia for a time? 

Seems like you end up back in the version of the game you don't want to play when it's done and you slowly progress towards that as well....seems odd to want to experience the game getting worse over time.