Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

One of the largest Wormhole battles ever - 600bil+ combined total losses

WalkinGlennWalkinGlenn Member RarePosts: 451
edited March 2018 in EVE Online
And the fight still isnt over yet. POS Party, with the help of friends successfully defended themselves from eviction by an overwhelming force. Losses for both sides are above 600 billion isk and that number will continue to rise.

Here is a link to the INN twitch stream interview the involved corps after the invaders were stopped and many of them withdrew from the wormhole. Though there is still several enemy structures anchored in the POSPY hole. Very interesting stuff. Many wormhole mechanics and tactics like hole control and such are explained in detail in the video. 

This is another prime example why there will never be a game as amazing as EvE. Please watch and i hope you enjoy.

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/237663339

Comments

• AzmodeusAzmodeus Member UncommonPosts: 268
    Different strokes for different folks I guess.  Personally I never had any interest in Eve, but I am glad the fans are really enjoying it.  
    HarikengekidomrputtsMeester
      OMG I am Ancient!
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Someone always tries to make a big deal out of these battles. Everytime they have one it gets posted on every game site. Don't care for this gankfest of a game with one of the most toxic communities.
    gekidoGdemamiPhryMaurgrimTheScavengerWalkinGlennMeesteritchmon
  • WalkinGlennWalkinGlenn Member RarePosts: 451
    Hariken said:
    Someone always tries to make a big deal out of these battles. Everytime they have one it gets posted on every game site. Don't care for this gankfest of a game with one of the most toxic communities.
     Then why are you even posting in here if you hate this game and the community? Go troll somewhere else.

I was there and it was goddamn epic to be involved in.
    gekidoPhryMaurgrimTheScavenger
  • gekidogekido Member UncommonPosts: 66
    First couple of posts are from people that don't care for the game and just "have to" tell everyone.  Good job, pat yourselves on the back.
  • Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    Hariken said:
    Thats weird that, because of a recent study done the feedback was that the main reason people stay in game is because of the community, which is weird because the only ones who seem to moan about the 'toxic' community are guys who dont play the game.
    Fact is there are a few bad apples, but show me an mmo that doesn't. The worst communities are like likes of LoL, DOTa and their counterparts, in terms of MMO the worst is possibly BDO. 

Fact is EvE is one of the most new-bro friendly players communities in any mmo, where people donate both time and money to their introduction into game, you have to find them, there is NO hand holding in eve, but for those who look for the right groups/channels/corps there are numerous to find.

WalkinGlennitchmon

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• IstoppucksIstoppucks Member CommonPosts: 10
    I thought CCP gutted the Development of this game.   Glad to see the players are still going.   
    PhryTheScavenger
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    I thought CCP gutted the Development of this game.   Glad to see the players are still going.   
    Eve has always been CCP's primary focus, they may have abandoned VR, but thats hardly surprising under the circumstances. If there is one thing you can be certain of though, it is the continued development of Eve Online. ;)
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Xodic said:
    600 billion ISK...

Someone put that number into perspective, because I don't know how substantial that is.
    a frigate can be fitted out for around 10 million if you want half decent equipment, or 1 million if you don't, a cruiser costs about 5 or 6 million unfitted, varies tbh, battle cruisers about 50 million ish, and battleships around 140 million 'ish' they can cost more if they are faction ones, fleet typhoon for instance costs in the region of 350 million isk, very rough figures here, carriers probably cost in the region of 1.5 billion, but thats unfitted. Its all game currency anyway, 600 billion probably sounds a lot and in a way it is, but there have been fleet battles that have involved much larger amounts, a wardec'ing corp operating in Jita, Amarr etc. areas probably does that much damage on a monthly basis. Here is a killboard of Pirat, give you a better idea of ship values, some of them are ridiculously expensive  :p

https://zkillboard.com/alliance/99001134/
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Phry said:
    Xodic said:
    600 billion ISK...

Someone put that number into perspective, because I don't know how substantial that is.
    a frigate can be fitted out for around 10 million if you want half decent equipment, or 1 million if you don't, a cruiser costs about 5 or 6 million unfitted, varies tbh, battle cruisers about 50 million ish, and battleships around 140 million 'ish' they can cost more if they are faction ones, fleet typhoon for instance costs in the region of 350 million isk, very rough figures here, carriers probably cost in the region of 1.5 billion, but thats unfitted. Its all game currency anyway, 600 billion probably sounds a lot and in a way it is, but there have been fleet battles that have involved much larger amounts, a wardec'ing corp operating in Jita, Amarr etc. areas probably does that much damage on a monthly basis. Here is a killboard of Pirat, give you a better idea of ship values, some of them are ridiculously expensive  :p

https://zkillboard.com/alliance/99001134/
    Can you put it into perspective for the people who have never played EVE and don't know the difference between a frigate and a battleship...
    --------------------------------------------
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    i could be wrong but isnt it roughly 3billion ISK to buy plex which can be used to sub a account for a month? so 3bill isk = 15 bucks.
    [Deleted User]
    edited March 2018
    Currently the attackers have mass logged into the game and retaken hole control of the Wormhole as of 10:30am this morning. They dropped 4 more citadels and brought in another 50+ guys and dozens of hauler supply runs.

This could definitely go over 1 trillion isk after everything is said and done.
  • JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    edited March 2018
    Eve is a game i absolutely love to read about  

;P

too bad these huge epic battles play out incredibly different than you would think.

IF you have been playing for years and have all required skills, and IF you happen to be in a corporation that is in a alliance large enough to partake in these conflicts, and IF you have hours and hours to spend mostly afk guarding (basically waiting) your allotted space post, and IF you have the patience to follow orders to the letter from your superior officers (which most of the time tell you to be ready and wait at your post), and IF after hours and hours of waiting you just happend to be online when the shit hits the fan, and somehow you are not the first instant casualty of the battle.....

......ONLY then will you have the pleasure of actually partaking in the most slow motion, cluster fuck of space dots ever, which 90% of the time consists of you doing ONLY and EXACTLY what your squad leader tells you  WHEN your squad leader tells you to do it (at the penalty of getting instant kicked and banned forever).....otherwise you just wait.....wait in slow motion. 
    wait and read about epic EvE battles :D

[Deleted User][Deleted User]
    edited March 2018
    Eve is a game i absolutely love to read about  

;P

too bad these huge epic battles play out incredibly different than you would think.

IF you have been playing for years and have all required skills, and IF you happen to be in a corporation that is in a alliance large enough to partake in these conflicts, and IF you have hours and hours to spend mostly afk guarding (basically waiting) your allotted space post, and IF you have the patience to follow orders to the letter from your superior officers (which most of the time tell you to be ready and wait at your post), and IF after hours and hours of waiting you just happend to be online when the shit hits the fan, and somehow you are not the first instant casualty of the battle.....

......ONLY then will you have the pleasure of actually partaking in the most slow motion, cluster fuck of space dots ever, which 90% of the time consists of you doing ONLY and EXACTLY what your squad leader tells you  WHEN your squad leader tells you to do it (at the penalty of getting instant kicked and banned forever).....otherwise you just wait.....wait in slow motion. 
    wait and read about epic EvE battles :D

I can see how huge Nullsec battles where most people are just F1 champions can fall into your description, but this is a little different. There are just way more moving pieces in wormhole space and coordinating all the different efforts by everybody is really something special imho.

If you love reading about these eve battles then definitely watch the video I linked and you'll see how very different it is from huge null battles. Wormhole fights of this scale maybe happen once or twice a year, if that.
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    DrunkWolf said:
    i could be wrong but isnt it roughly 3billion ISK to buy plex which can be used to sub a account for a month? so 3bill isk = 15 bucks.
    So a combined ~$3,000 worth of ships was lost by a bunch of players in a battle... hardly seems like news. 
    --------------------------------------------
    edited March 2018
    DrunkWolf said:
    i could be wrong but isn't it roughly 3billion ISK to buy plex which can be used to sub a account for a month? so 3bill isk = 15 bucks.
    So a combined ~$3,000 worth of ships was lost by a bunch of players in a battle... hardly seems like news. 
      This is wormhole space we're talking about, not null/low security space. There are limitations on how many ships can jump thru a single hole before it collapses and you have to find another way it. It takes a lot of planning and coordination to set up an eviction attempt like this.

Also,plex is different now. it's been broken into smaller amounts. 500 Plex is 20$ usd right now. One plex is roughly 3million ISK. So like 1.5bil ISK = 20$. So roughly 8000$usd.

The $$ value may not be huge when comparing it to null/low battles, but its very big for wormhole space.

[Deleted User]
  • itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    Hariken said:
    eve has every type of community, you need to find them.  "you need to do X" is the cornerstone of eve.  it doesnt give you anything but whatever you seek you can find.

A quick search for eve new player friendly corps will give you 2 or 3 dozen corps literally devoted to showing people eve, they're filled with helpful people and form the base community for many large alliances.

I'll be biased and mention two, Brave Newbies, Inc and Brand Newbros.  

I'm an eve player since 07 and will continue to be one because of the people, not despite them.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins