Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What would bring you back to WoW?

Comments

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    edited March 2018
    The scale thats the one thing i want brought back. Remember Vanilla , the first time you left your starter zone and opened the map and realized the scale of the world blizzard had created and how much more there was to see ? Thats what i want again. These budget "theme park" Expansion zones just dont cut it any more.
    BruceYeeAxxar
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Welp, followers are confirmed for BfA so I'm honestly out even though I already pre-ordered before that little tidbit was discovered in alpha
    edited March 2018
    Albatroes said:
    Welp, followers are confirmed for BfA so I'm honestly out even though I already pre-ordered before that little tidbit was discovered in alpha
    Wait, what?!!  I thought they said no more follower bullshit.  What the fuck happened?!!!
    Technically, they said they had no plans....seems like plans have changed:

http://www.wowhead.com/news=282279/early-look-at-new-followers-in-battle-for-azeroth

I do love the fact that people defended Legion's implementation of followers, saying it was "optional" except that it wasn't since it was tied to your order hall progression at the start of legion (still is, just nerfed) and you had to do it if you wanted access to your third relic slot, but I'm sure some knights in white would've said that the third relic slot was completely optional too. Lets not forget your artifact progression was originally slapped behind the order hall progression originally as well.
    [Deleted User]
    Albatroes said:
    Albatroes said:
    Wait, what?!!  I thought they said no more follower bullshit.  What the fuck happened?!!!
    Technically, they said they had no plans....seems like plans have changed:

http://www.wowhead.com/news=282279/early-look-at-new-followers-in-battle-for-azeroth

Yeah, I just saw that .... but your post was the first I'd heard of it.  I'd missed the wowhead announcement from 10 days ago.

God damn it!  I'm really aggravating that they're bring this mechanic back for the third time.  I've been looking forward to Battle for Azeroth and one of the bigger reasons why was the opportunity to play the game again without the core of the expansion being integrated into that facebook game bullshit.  I don't normally wish ill on people, but I would fucking love to find out that the asshole responsible for this loses their job at Blizzard.  I positively despise the mission table crap and I know I'm far from being alone on that.
    I'm with you on this. People can say it "low effort" to manage with an app and all but I miss the days of leveling a character to cap just to see if I liked the class or just to have another profession up and then leave the toon until I felt like logging back into it. This whole psychological compelling crap shouldn't really be in the game "just because its low effort" or "free" like so many on the official forums and wowhead are trying to white knight excuse its existence. But oh well. Its not like I actually give blizzard my money anymore anyway. I'd hold my breath and say Vanilla wow might be okay but I'd probably die from that since that's being made "with love from the dev team and community" which means nothing can go wrong, right?!?!
    [Deleted User]
  • NevereverlandNevereverland Member UncommonPosts: 161
    TBC
  • frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645
    Boredom would bring me back. It usually does.

Then drives me away again.
  • Siris23Siris23 Member UncommonPosts: 388
    WotLK 2.0 maybe.

No more follower BS, I'm tired of sending people out to adventure for me.

The only way I would tolerate followers at this point is if they participate in battles, like maybe a ship crew that you could go out and have ship battles with, not just click a mission and hope my follower's numbers are better than the mission's numbers.
  • LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 1,116
    Maybe if it was more actiony, was set in space, and I could play a cool alien with no mouth and little glowing blades on my wrists I could shank my enemies with...
  • IstoppucksIstoppucks Member CommonPosts: 10
    I don't think anything.   The wife bought me a 60 day card this winter I was excited to try it out again.   I logged in 7 times in those 60 days.   
  • danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    Honest I feel that current WOW should just focus on today's retail players and allow Classic to focus on the players like myself.   There is nothing that current WOW can do to bring me back.

I want to play Vanilla and TBC WOW.   I refuse to play WOTLK the reason being is the 5 man dungeons were gutted to be just a 10 minute dungeon run without any need to engage your brain.  I will say the raids were very good in WOTLK, but 5 mans were all but useless.   

I want to go into a dungeon and have to have at least 2 CCs.   I want to have to manage how I pull the groups as a tank and have a kill order.   I want it were you cannot click a button and poof you're in a group and at the instance.   I dont care that I can only play 5 hours this week and might not advance.   WOW during Vanilla and TBC was not about clearing at raid in 1 month.  MC, BWL, and so on took months to clear and the the 10 and 20 man raids, ZG, AQ20, Kara, and ZA also took months to clear but somewhere around 3 to 4 months with casual players like myself.   This is OK.  I did not feel that this game was a dam treadmill like I do now.  If I want to get on a treadmill I have a YMCA membership I will go jump on a real treadmill.   

WOW during Vanilla and TBC was a social environment where you needed friends and other people to see content.   I played MMORPGS to play with friends, if I wanted a lobby based game I would have played Diablo 1, 2 and 3 endlessly.  I dont I want a game where you have to rely on other people and were content was designed to take time.   The only problem with the way the content was designed in Vanilla and TBC was that 90% of the people never seen the last raid.  Yes some of this due to skill the other part was due to the amount of time it took to get there.  When you have an expansion every 2 years when the casual schedule player could spend 4 years on the content you had to find ways to push people through.

If we stop looking at you need to have an expansion every 2 years going back to the old school ways its not so hard.   This is why Subscriptions worked in the 2000s because content took time, why do you think no one wants to pay a sub for content they can be done with in 2 weeks and will be bored?   

[Deleted User]deniter
  • DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081
    Followers are literally non-factor in terms of "sending bots out to adventure for you," because you'll be busy clearing tons of WQs over and over - all day, every day.  Doing the follower quests yourself wouldn't change anything.  They're nothing but Binary (Pass/Fail) theoretical World Quests, anyways.

The problem is the WQ system to me.  It feels oppressive and it forces you to play for the wrong reasons.  It's incredibly grindy.  It feels super-compulsory.  If you have to take a week off of playing WoW, and can't run those WQs, it almost feels like you're better off just sitting out the rest of the expansion.

I preferred just having daily quests, like in the past (or the way it is for ESO where you have Dungeon and Crafting dailies or writs...

On the flip side, the Open World has always not meant much in WoW - it was just a staging area for leveling toons or gathering crafting materials - so it's hard to design a better system.  It's not like people will be XPing their toon for more than a day or so, anyways :-P

I feel like WoW could use an AA system, at this point.

One similar to that in EQ2 would work well, but I doubt the developers would want to do it, because "PvP balance and eSports."

God, I wish EQ2 had a better launch...
  • AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 562
    TBH nothing.

this game was like crack when I first started playing it, I tried the legion expansion and nearly got sucked in again.

therefore never again...
    Aethaeryn
  • DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081
    So basically you aren't playing because the game was... "too good?"
  • ArezonArezon Member UncommonPosts: 282
    Boredom will bring me back. I'm getting there. There are no MMOs out now I care to play. I'm just waiting for games like Pantheon, Elyria, Bless, etc.
    [Deleted User]

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    There are two camps I think: THose who played MMOs before WoW, and those whose first MMO was WoW.....I personally liked EQ better and thought it was much more challenging....WoW felt pretty easy for a MMO vet and when you had a group that knew what they were doing it was cake.
    Darksworm said:
    So basically you aren't playing because the game was... "too good?"
    No, it's a bit odd, but I loved the story and the game play imho was nice.
    But the grind and emphases on end game annoyed me no end.
    What kept me going back was a real good guild full of what became good friends, and a serious lack of good coop games (with the sprinkle of pvp).
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    a real progression system that would carry over between the addons.

atm each addon is it's own, and you do NOT geto to carry anything over to the next, unless you count cosmetics.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    They have dumbed down the skills and talent system too much. So much, that leveling is no longer fun!

I tried playing with my 6 year old son and even he got quickly bored of leveling a character in WoW.
    He had more fun using his free character boost token and playing a lvl100 character for a while, but even that couldn't keep his attention for long lol.

I am pretty much in the same boat. It's just not fun anymore. Just spamming the same few skills over and over and over.... bleehhh.
    AnOldFart
  • ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    JeroKane said:
    They have dumbed down the skills and talent system too much. So much, that leveling is no longer fun!

I tried playing with my 6 year old son and even he got quickly bored of leveling a character in WoW.
    He had more fun using his free character boost token and playing a lvl100 character for a while, but even that couldn't keep his attention for long lol.

I am pretty much in the same boat. It's just not fun anymore. Just spamming the same few skills over and over and over.... bleehhh.
    So much this.  So very much this.  And now even open world PvP is being taken away...
  • keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    I'd return if they made a virtual reality server so we could play it in VR with either the Vive, Rift, or PSVR.

There Is Always Hope!

bring back vanilla wow is it vote...
  • NevereverlandNevereverland Member UncommonPosts: 161
    TBC
  • PowermikePowermike Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Classic will bring me back to wow, for the immersion :smile:
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I would prefer to play WoW than, say, being water boarded. But it would take some level of pain at that magnitude. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    New content sometimes brings me back.  A new class brings me back.  If it wasn't for the sub I would drop in more often.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey