Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Announcements for the Internet Rage Machine

anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
So what are some "Imaginary" announcements that would cause outstanding and delicious rage.

For Instance some I could think of:

"Sony to buy Daybreak Studios"
"HalfLife 3 announced as VR exclusive"
"Darkfall announces PvE server"

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

Scot

Comments

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    People on mmorpg come to a consensus on the definition of MMORPG as well as action combat.

Or

star citizen finally releases

AlBQuirky
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    NCSoft bought Star Citizen.
    anemo
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    And named Smedley as the new CEO with Richard Garriot as Chief Executive producer.

KumaponanemoConstantineMerusManWithNoTanBruceYeedelete5230PhryDaikuruScotAlBQuirky

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited March 2018
    NCsoft revives City of Heroes. Turns it into both a MOBA and also a collectible card game...they combine the two!
    anemoQuizzicalAlBQuirkyMaxBacon

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    "The next Call of Duty will be the greatest MMO ever made" when details reveal it's just a standard multiplayer shooter. 

"Definition of MMO is finally agreed as '500+ players within the same virtual environment', turns out there have only ever been 10 MMOs and WoW isn't one of them"

"Disney have decided renew their exclusive Star Wars license with EA, extending the license to 2050"

"Games Workshop have granted a license for a Warhammer 40k MMO to EA"
    anemoAlBQuirky
    Kyleran said:
    And named Smedley as the new CEO with Richard Garriot as Chief Executive producer.

Man now I want this to happen!

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    Google To Valve: Sell Us Steam Or Face A Hostile Takeover!
    BruceYeeAlBQuirky
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    Maybe it would force valve to make games again...

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

anemo said:
    Maybe it would force valve to make games again...
    Valve has already decided to make games again.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I already see enough to drive me batty,no need for anymore.The entire world is going to the dogs,not just gaming,everything has changed a lot in a very short time.
    I feel Trump is a huge black mark,i am not so into Trudeau anymore either,he seems to carry some dirt with him to.
    Al these governments and agencies/systems suppose to be there for the people but all they are are a leech on the taxpayers dollar.
    No more game design,give us money up front and we will see what we can do,but no promises.How did it change from YOU make the product  and i decide if it is good enough to buy/support?
    This new era of deception and dishonesty is like we ask our boss for the next 30 years in pay cheques and we will see what we can do,no promises.
    What i get sick of hearing is awards,they are almost always unjust but all the real story is hidden behind a smokescreen of bull.Award for charity,award for bringing the game back to life,award for GOTY,PC goty,console goty,fps goty,rpg goty,mmorpg goty it goes on and on nothing but a pile of marketing/pr/hype.

What else,oh yeah more moba and Arpg threads ,lets give super cheap lazy game designs more press,they really need it.All those developers working their ass off doing a lot of hard work get no credit but these small mickey mouse PubG and POE/Diablo/Hots/LOL get all the hype.

Someone should just create a game of marbles and give it a 10/10 and add in esport for longevity,that would really sum up gaming in a nutshell.
    TheScavengerAlBQuirky

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Blizzard announces WoW 2, D4 and WC4 will all be P2W phone games.

Daybreak announces they are shutting down all their games by the end of the year - EQ, EQ2, LOTRO, H1Z1, DCUO, PS2.

Disney announces that they will stop making video games with the Star Wars IP and shut down SWTOR.
    AlBQuirky
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Everyone can understand my post :)
    PhryScotAlBQuirkyCryomatrix
  • anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    Wizardry said:
    I already see enough to drive me batty,no need for anymore.The entire world is going to the dogs,not just gaming,everything has changed a lot in a very short time.
    I feel Trump is a huge black mark,i am not so into Trudeau anymore either,he seems to carry some dirt with him to.
    Al these governments and agencies/systems suppose to be there for the people but all they are are a leech on the taxpayers dollar.
    No more game design,give us money up front and we will see what we can do,but no promises.How did it change from YOU make the product  and i decide if it is good enough to buy/support?
    This new era of deception and dishonesty is like we ask our boss for the next 30 years in pay cheques and we will see what we can do,no promises.
    What i get sick of hearing is awards,they are almost always unjust but all the real story is hidden behind a smokescreen of bull.Award for charity,award for bringing the game back to life,award for GOTY,PC goty,console goty,fps goty,rpg goty,mmorpg goty it goes on and on nothing but a pile of marketing/pr/hype.

What else,oh yeah more moba and Arpg threads ,lets give super cheap lazy game designs more press,they really need it.All those developers working their ass off doing a lot of hard work get no credit but these small mickey mouse PubG and POE/Diablo/Hots/LOL get all the hype.

Someone should just create a game of marbles and give it a 10/10 and add in esport for longevity,that would really sum up gaming in a nutshell.
    Could have just gone with:
     "Trump proposes gamer registration system to combat gun violence"
     "Ubisoft announcing all future titles to be Early Access game, to satisfy new market demand"

and hit most of your points
    TheScavenger

• k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    EA buys out all other major publishers!
    AlBQuirky
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,974
    Portalarium announce a Shroud of the Avatar  "blood recall", as the vials it sent out did not conform to the laws on the transport of infectious substances. Richard Garriott de Cayeux (of house Ventrue) was unavailable for comment as it was daytime when we called.

Cloud Imperium Games announces that Star Citizen will launch when the first moon base is established then puts that back to the first base in Alpha Centauri. "You can trust me on that" said Chris Roberts.

Epic announces they are going to reuse resources from the shut down Paragon game to form new battleground areas for Fortnite. "Paragon fans will be really pleased" said Darren Sugg.
    AlBQuirky
    Portalarium launches a new Kickstarter for their next game, "Death Throes of the Avatar"
    AlBQuirky

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    EA buys CD Projekt Red
    cameltosisAlBQuirky

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Derek Smart replaces Chris Roberts as CEO of Cloud Imperium Games.
    KyleranAlBQuirky

..Cake..

sgel said:
    Derek Smart replaces Chris Roberts as CEO of Cloud Imperium Games.
    OK now, that's just plain evil.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,974
    What would be amusing, is that any of this became a rumour on the basis of someone reading about it on the internet somewhere. :)
    AlBQuirkyanemo