Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Casual PvP

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
any chance that a casual player in casual gear can have some casual fun in pvp?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Truvidien88

Comments

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    edited March 2018
    If you are casual, you need to be in a zerg. Or if you have a tight group to run with and you're in voice chat, it can be fun. You will have some fun fights, but you can still get stomped by leet pvpers solo or in groups.

And you probably will need to use an addon that tells you when to block or dodge so that ranged attacks from stealth can't get you. That's what most pvpers used, I found out. 

It also depends on what you think is "fun." Some people like to hang out in stealth at skyshards and dolmens in Cyrodiil and gank people unaware, but I haven't seen that too often.

Gear is not that hard to come by, but skill (including knowledge of mechanics) is a huge factor -- also mastering "animation cancelling." There are people who live in Cyrodiil and pvp almost exclusively (except when they're min-maxing their gear) and they're on top of the meta at every moment. So they will stomp you no matter what. 

You can't be lazy like in tab-target pvp. You have to be ready to use line-of-sight and run around trees, boulders, walls, etc. all the time jumping, dodging, strafing, using your ultimate at the right moment, etc.

Also, latency is a factor.

I don't know about the battle grounds as I haven't participated in them yet.
    YashaX

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Yes. The under 50 PvP campaign, at least on NA PC, is a hell of a lot of fun and a great way to meet others.

A lot of players go there at level 10 and just stay there until level 50.

Just do the siege tutorial (where you'll get 2 skill points) buy some siege equipment (fire balistas and stone or fire trebs) invest a skill point on rapid maneuvers for a 30% speed increase, ask on Cyrodiil zone chat to join a group and follow the leader and learn the ropes.

In a day or two you'll probably be asked to join a guild that focuses on the <50 PVP campaign. Take it from there.
    YashaX
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Iselin said:
    Yes. The under 50 PvP campaign, at least on NA PC, is a hell of a lot of fun and a great way to meet others.

Just do the siege tutorial (where you'll get 2 skill points) buy some siege equipment (fire balistas and stone or fire trebs) invest a skill point on rapid maneuvers for a 30% speed increase, ask on Cyrodiil zone chat to join a group and follow the leader and learn the ropes.

In a day or two you'll probably be asked to join a guild that focuses on the <50 PVP campaign. Take it from there.

Yep once you find a nice group to play with its lots of fun, but in terms of gear, for the low level campaign if you can get or craft a blue tier set with purple weapons you should be good to go.

Two standard options are: If you are playing a stamina build craft a 5 piece set of blue hundings rage and a 3 piece of night's silence,  get some stamina recovery jewellery from questing/dolmens, put stamina enchants on all armour. For magicka, use Law of Julianos and 3 piece seducer- put max magicka enchants on armour and magicka regen on jewellery. Upgrade every four levels while in low level campaign.

I can link you specific build ideas with all the gear/enchants etc if you want, just let me know here what class you are playing and what your focus is (magicka/stamina/survivability,etc).

Iselin
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    YashaX said:
    Iselin said:

Yep once you find a nice group to play with its lots of fun, but in terms of gear, for the low level campaign if you can get or craft a blue tier set with purple weapons you should be good to go.

Two standard options are: If you are playing a stamina build craft a 5 piece set of blue hundings rage and a 3 piece of night's silence,  get some stamina recovery jewellery from questing/dolmens, put stamina enchants on all armour. For magicka, use Law of Julianos and 3 piece seducer- put max magicka enchants on armour and magicka regen on jewellery. Upgrade every four levels while in low level campaign.

I can link you specific build ideas with all the gear/enchants etc if you want, just let me know here what class you are playing and what your focus is (magicka/stamina/survivability,etc).

Yeah. Lowbee PVP is one of the few places where crafting low level armor and weapons is still a thing. It's handy crafting some strategic pieces in heavy/impen and then adding stamina or magicka enchants to it. Lowbee PVE you can get along just fine with whatever set pieces drop for you.

And both Julianos and Hundigs are still some of my favorite crafted sets at CP720 as well.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED