Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Legion and Azeroth together or wait? CDN game time cards?

AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
This is a two part question:

PART 1:

When Legion was coming out WoD was included in the base game so I subbed and played for a month.  I leveled my main character to cap and had a good time.  I did rush things though.

I enjoyed Vanilla a LOT. . I liked WotLK and wasn't a huge fan of BC or Pandaria.  I thought WoD was "good".

I thought about playing again because of the leveling changes.   I hopped on and made a character and played and had fun. . sooo.

I was thinking of waiting for the new expansion to do the same thing I did last time but I think I am missing out on a lot by playing the expansions after the new one.  The "end game" of each expansion seems like it isn't worth doing then.   I considered upgrading to Legion now but it was full price. . THEN. . I saw that I can get Legion and preorder the new expansion for CDN $99.  It seems like about $30 to get Legion now. . not bad at all.

Is this typical pricing for WoW.  I didn't see it until I clicked to buy Legion.  Does it seem like a good deal?

PART 2:  When I subbed for WoD I actually bought a game time card at Walmart.  It was $30 CDN with no tax.  This was a no brainer given the currency conversion.  Those cards are gone now.  Does anyone know anywhere else in Canada that sells the cards?

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

Comments

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Aethaeryn said:
    This is a two part question:

PART 1:

When Legion was coming out WoD was included in the base game so I subbed and played for a month.  I leveled my main character to cap and had a good time.  I did rush things though.

I enjoyed Vanilla a LOT. . I liked WotLK and wasn't a huge fan of BC or Pandaria.  I thought WoD was "good".

I thought about playing again because of the leveling changes.   I hopped on and made a character and played and had fun. . sooo.

I was thinking of waiting for the new expansion to do the same thing I did last time but I think I am missing out on a lot by playing the expansions after the new one.  The "end game" of each expansion seems like it isn't worth doing then.   I considered upgrading to Legion now but it was full price. . THEN. . I saw that I can get Legion and preorder the new expansion for CDN $99.  It seems like about $30 to get Legion now. . not bad at all.

Is this typical pricing for WoW.  I didn't see it until I clicked to buy Legion.  Does it seem like a good deal?

PART 2:  When I subbed for WoD I actually bought a game time card at Walmart.  It was $30 CDN with no tax.  This was a no brainer given the currency conversion.  Those cards are gone now.  Does anyone know anywhere else in Canada that sells the cards?
    Maybe game stop?  I know they sell them in the US.  Just a thought.
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    So far I have not found them anywhere.  Going to wait until NWN Enhanced edition is released and see if I still have the itch to play WoW :)

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!