Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No news?

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering the sudden radio silence from VR on Pantheon,

They are late on the news letter, and their forums seem to be dead. 

I really hope development is going forward as intended.

Anyone here know anything? I see voices of termins on youtube are actively making videos on the game and theory crafting- but VR really need to give is some meat. There has been no news since the February update which was somewhat vague.
Daft
«1

Comments

  • jpedrote52jpedrote52 Member UncommonPosts: 112
    edited March 2018
    Newsletter is not late, they use a sort of wierd release schedule for it, it comes out every 2nd wednesday/thursday of the month, some months it lands on the second week of the month (day 5-8) something like this month and the previous month lands on the 3rd week of the month (day 13-16)

    They recently gave and interview about AI

    And in april the team will be at Pax east (april 5th to 8th) where they're doing a new gameplay stream i believe.

    As for the forums I personally stopped posting there regularly since mid november last year, the devs said that they're no longer taking regular feedback from the forum because the game entered testing phases (currently in pre-alpha). Now they want to develop the game as quickly as possible to get to the next testing phase and get more testers in, then the forums will be again a place for mechanics and feature discussion, but right now due to the NDA player have nothing new to discuss because we don't know how the systems work, and most things have already been discussed/speculated to death, so I believe most forums users are waiting for later testing phases were they can give feedback based on actual firsthand gameplay experience.
    KilsinKyleranUngooddelete5230SinsaiMrMelGibsondcutbi001Kiori001
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,200
    No news just means they're busy working. 
    Kilsindelete5230MensurSinsaidcutbi001Kiori001
    --------------------------------------------
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 32,045
    No news just means they're busy working. 
    I dunno,  devs like SC, CU, Ashes, LOA,  SOL and even SotA all manage to publish news regularly, tends to be games not accomplishing much that go dark.
    GdemamiSinsaiLonestryder

    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • VrikaVrika Member EpicPosts: 5,311
    Kyleran said:
    No news just means they're busy working. 
    I dunno,  devs like SC, CU, Ashes, LOA,  SOL and even SotA all manage to publish news regularly, tends to be games not accomplishing much that go dark.
    I think it's about how much they're looking for crowdfunding. Pantheon accepts crowdfunding, but for them it doesn't seem to be important right now, so they don't need to bother releasing that much news either.
    Kylerandelete5230Sinsai
     
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,514
    Last month's (feb) update was one of the highest quality they've ever produced.
    Kilsinbng28


  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 25,924
    edited March 2018
    Mensur said:
    Hi Guys,

    I was just wondering the sudden radio silence from VR on Pantheon,

    They are late on the news letter, and their forums seem to be dead. 

    I really hope development is going forward as intended.

    Anyone here know anything? I see voices of termins on youtube are actively making videos on the game and theory crafting- but VR really need to give is some meat. There has been no news since the February update which was somewhat vague.
    Their last bit of "news" was Feb 22nd. that is hardly radio silence.

    That's two weeks and three days.
    SinsaiMrMelGibsonKilsin



  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 32,045
    Sovrath said:
    Mensur said:
    Hi Guys,

    I was just wondering the sudden radio silence from VR on Pantheon,

    They are late on the news letter, and their forums seem to be dead. 

    I really hope development is going forward as intended.

    Anyone here know anything? I see voices of termins on youtube are actively making videos on the game and theory crafting- but VR really need to give is some meat. There has been no news since the February update which was somewhat vague.
    Their last bit of "news" was Feb 22nd. that is hardly radio silence.

    That's two weeks and three days.
    Turns out there is "news" right on this site from last week about their work on AI.
    Kilsin

    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • UngoodUngood Member EpicPosts: 2,172
    And no news.. becomes news... 

    SinsaiKilsin
    There is no Truth, only the Illusions we wish to Cling to. Knowing this, why do we all cling to such shitty illusions?
    Currently Playing Eternal Crusade, because killing people with a Chainsword is more fun then a sniper rifle.
  • MensurMensur Member RarePosts: 779
    Sovrath said:
    Mensur said:
    Hi Guys,

    I was just wondering the sudden radio silence from VR on Pantheon,

    They are late on the news letter, and their forums seem to be dead. 

    I really hope development is going forward as intended.

    Anyone here know anything? I see voices of termins on youtube are actively making videos on the game and theory crafting- but VR really need to give is some meat. There has been no news since the February update which was somewhat vague.
    Their last bit of "news" was Feb 22nd. that is hardly radio silence.

    That's two weeks and three days.
    I will make sure to do propper research, so you can spam more and ramp up your comment count!
    svannKiori001
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 25,924
    edited March 2018
    Mensur said:
    Sovrath said:
    Mensur said:
    Hi Guys,

    I was just wondering the sudden radio silence from VR on Pantheon,

    They are late on the news letter, and their forums seem to be dead. 

    I really hope development is going forward as intended.

    Anyone here know anything? I see voices of termins on youtube are actively making videos on the game and theory crafting- but VR really need to give is some meat. There has been no news since the February update which was somewhat vague.
    Their last bit of "news" was Feb 22nd. that is hardly radio silence.

    That's two weeks and three days.
    I will make sure to do propper research, so you can spam more and ramp up your comment count!
    Or you can just be a petulant little baby about it. Stay classy Mensur.

    I should add, they can put my post count to 0 and I won't care. Clearly this is something that is on your radar though ...
    MrMelGibsonConstantineMerus



  • AmatheAmathe Member EpicPosts: 4,555
    Sovrath said:

    I should add, they can put my post count to 0 and I won't care. 
    Dang. I was promised a set of steak knives if I reached orange level. Thank's for ruining that for me. 
    ManWithNoTan

    EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 25,924
    Amathe said:
    Sovrath said:

    I should add, they can put my post count to 0 and I won't care. 
    Dang. I was promised a set of steak knives if I reached orange level. Thank's for ruining that for me. 
    Well, I mean, I'm going to keep the steak knives ... duh!
    SinsaiAmatheKyleranMrMelGibsonKiori001



  • RoenickRoenick Member UncommonPosts: 18
    Mensur said:
    Hi Guys,

    I was just wondering the sudden radio silence from VR on Pantheon,

    They are late on the news letter, and their forums seem to be dead. 

    I really hope development is going forward as intended.

    Anyone here know anything? I see voices of termins on youtube are actively making videos on the game and theory crafting- but VR really need to give is some meat. There has been no news since the February update which was somewhat vague.
    Good stuff coming your way. New newsletter will be out this week. As stated, we are tapped in for every 2nd Wednesday.
    Sinsai
  • WizardryWizardry Member EpicPosts: 15,591
    Yeah i often sound pessimistic,for good reason.

    You know i usually worry more about what i do find out from developers than the actual silence.
    I just hope to god when i finally get to check out Pantheon,i am not dropping my head and raising my arms saying WTF !! every 2 minutes.I just want the design to MAKE SENSE,that is what Brad pitched and that is what i want to see.

    Like playing Wow with a couple friends,i see that automatic proximity aggro,i lose my mind,i have to keep telling my friends that "you know i really hate this game"and they laugh at me.

    My best case scenario for Pantheon is i come away saying,you know not amazing but it makes sense and is playable long term.It doesn't even have to be AAA,just be playable long term.


    Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

  • ScotScot Member EpicPosts: 10,390
    edited March 2018
    Jezz you worry warts, don't panic and I am sure we will see it launch. :)

     25 Agrees

    You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 32,045
    edited March 2018
    Scot said:
    Jezz you worry warts, don't panic and I am sure we will see it launch. :)
    In my lifetime?  Not getting any younger you know.

    ;)
    ConstantineMerus

    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 2,529
    Kyleran said:
    Scot said:
    Jezz you worry warts, don't panic and I am sure we will see it launch. :)
    In my lifetime?  Not getting any younger you know.

    ;)
    If you take "young at heart" in consideration then you're just a toddler! ;) Aw... and at such a cute age I must say.
    • "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    • Song of the Week: One Second from One Second (1997) by Paradise Lost
    • Gaming Timeline: Arcade, Commodore 64, Amiga 500, SEGA, IBM, PS, PC, PS2, More PCs, PS3, Giant PC, PS4, No More PCs, PS4 Pro. 
    • Adopted @Kyleran as my virtual father - I put him in my signature since he worries about me all the time and this way he can keep track of me when I talk to strangers here!
    • Favorite Drink: Bruichladdich Black Art 5th 1992
    • Currently Playing: Spider-Man: Turf Wars / The Division farewell tour / Grim Fandango Remastered / Aven Colony
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 32,045
    Kyleran said:
    Scot said:
    Jezz you worry warts, don't panic and I am sure we will see it launch. :)
    In my lifetime?  Not getting any younger you know.

    ;)
    If you take "young at heart" in consideration then you're just a toddler! ;) Aw... and at such a cute age I must say.
    Well I know some have accused me of whining like a toddler.....

    ;)
    ConstantineMerus

    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • MensurMensur Member RarePosts: 779
    edited March 2018
    Sovrath said:
    Mensur said:
    Sovrath said:
    Mensur said:
    Hi Guys,

    I was just wondering the sudden radio silence from VR on Pantheon,

    They are late on the news letter, and their forums seem to be dead. 

    I really hope development is going forward as intended.

    Anyone here know anything? I see voices of termins on youtube are actively making videos on the game and theory crafting- but VR really need to give is some meat. There has been no news since the February update which was somewhat vague.
    Their last bit of "news" was Feb 22nd. that is hardly radio silence.

    That's two weeks and three days.
    I will make sure to do propper research, so you can spam more and ramp up your comment count!
    Or you can just be a petulant little baby about it. Stay classy Mensur.

    I should add, they can put my post count to 0 and I won't care. Clearly this is something that is on your radar though ...
    You just owned me big time.

    Praise KeK! never get triggered! 
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 25,924
    Mensur said:
    Sovrath said:
    Mensur said:
    Sovrath said:
    Mensur said:
    Hi Guys,

    I was just wondering the sudden radio silence from VR on Pantheon,

    They are late on the news letter, and their forums seem to be dead. 

    I really hope development is going forward as intended.

    Anyone here know anything? I see voices of termins on youtube are actively making videos on the game and theory crafting- but VR really need to give is some meat. There has been no news since the February update which was somewhat vague.
    Their last bit of "news" was Feb 22nd. that is hardly radio silence.

    That's two weeks and three days.
    I will make sure to do propper research, so you can spam more and ramp up your comment count!
    Or you can just be a petulant little baby about it. Stay classy Mensur.

    I should add, they can put my post count to 0 and I won't care. Clearly this is something that is on your radar though ...
    You just owned me big time.

    Praise KeK! never get triggered! 
    wasn't the point. You pretty much made an untrue statement based on ... what?

    "hey guys, I haven't been paying attention to Pantheon news, have their been any recent news items on this game ... "

    or

    "I was just wondering the sudden radio silence from VR on Pantheon,

    They are late on the news letter, and their forums seem to be dead. "

    Which pretty much seems to be implying some negative things.

    But you know what Mensur, you just be you.

    Dullahan



  • AmatheAmathe Member EpicPosts: 4,555
    There is big news today! The newsletter is out and it's a really good one.
    Kilsin

    EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 25,924
    edited March 2018
    Amathe said:
    There is big news today! The newsletter is out and it's a really good one.
    Also, apparently they are having a PAX East get together at the Asgard pub in Cambridge (MA).

    If people are at PAX all they have to do is take the Silver Line to the red line (south station) and then get off at Central. It's close to there. One has to register.

    I'm very tempted ...

    https://www.eventbrite.com/e/pantheon-rise-of-the-fallen-pax-east-meet-and-greet-tickets-43973047569?aff=es2
    AmatheKyleranKilsin



  • dcutbi001dcutbi001 Member UncommonPosts: 46
    edited March 2018
    Brad also said this on FaceBook today in the comments when asked about the new screencaps as it relates to the UI and if there have been any efforts behind its development.

    "It's still a work in progress but has iteratively improved & should continue to do so. I'll see what I can do getting some updated screenshots out. In the meantime, you'll definitely see it and the progress we've made in the upcoming streams (we have two planned out and are working on a third as well as getting ready to demo the game at PAX East)."

    So it sounds like we're on the cusp of a lot more content being released. 

    SovrathAmatheKilsin
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 25,924
    dcutbi001 said:
    Brad also said this on FaceBook today in the comments about the new screencaps when asked about the UI and if there have been any efforts behind its development, and asking about gameplay screencaps including the UI.

    "It's still a work in progress but has iteratively improved & should continue to do so. I'll see what I can do getting some updated screenshots out. In the meantime, you'll definitely see it and the progress we've made in the upcoming streams (we have two planned out and are working on a third as well as getting ready to demo the game at PAX East)."

    So it sounds like we're on the cusp of a lot more content being released. 

    I wonder if they'll let us play it at Pax East? Oh boy!
    Kilsin



  • dcutbi001dcutbi001 Member UncommonPosts: 46
    edited March 2018
    Sovrath said:
    dcutbi001 said:
    Brad also said this on FaceBook today in the comments about the new screencaps when asked about the UI and if there have been any efforts behind its development, and asking about gameplay screencaps including the UI.

    "It's still a work in progress but has iteratively improved & should continue to do so. I'll see what I can do getting some updated screenshots out. In the meantime, you'll definitely see it and the progress we've made in the upcoming streams (we have two planned out and are working on a third as well as getting ready to demo the game at PAX East)."

    So it sounds like we're on the cusp of a lot more content being released. 

    I wonder if they'll let us play it at Pax East? Oh boy!
    They said people would be able to play alongside Brad and Kilsen. So it sounds like that will be a thing! At least that was my understanding. 
    Sovrath
Sign In or Register to comment.