Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acer Windows Mixed Reality Headset: The Affordable Onramp to VR (and More?) - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    edited March 2018
    acidblood said:

Tiller said:

Viper482 said:

Windows 10 is fine, stop being stupid.

There is no reason not to move to 10, it's now stable and it was free.

While W10 is generally a lot better now than it was at launch, there is still a fair bit to dislike about it, not the least of which is having Microsoft’s latest shovel-ware forcibly installed every year or so (you can delay it, but it WILL be installed eventually). Or having to check that certain 'updates' didn't just silently change your settings.

There is also the trust issue; i.e. while MS may not be doing anything 'too evil' right now, they do have control over updating your system and licence to install and change pretty much anything they like whenever they like. What's that, you want to disable our AI spyware? Too bad, too many people disabled it in the past, so the best you can do now is hide it and pretend it doesn't exist. (i.e. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain).

I also seriously dislike the design of the windows in W10, and how hard it is to tell at a glance which one is active; W10 = grey vs. black window name and barely visible border vs. W7/8 = full colour vs. grey title bar and clearly visible border. Settings is also a very mixed bag (and I generally still prefer Control Panel), and don't even get me started on how useless and cluttered the W10 'Start' menu is... # ClassicShellForLife
    True if you are talking about work pc or movie streaming pc...

But you guys are talking about gaming pc here. Gaming pc - as long as it works and it is fast. It really doesn't matter about all these other privacy things... I mean do I really care if big corporations know if I'm playing games with this pc? lol.

Well lots of us play games, do some work and stream on the one PC....

It's good that these are out though as it will help force the other VR makers to compete and advance the tech. The better res is really the best thing these offer though and just like the Pimax 8k it will probably help push vive and oculus to get in gear and offer improvements quicker for their next gen versions.

What I am waiting for is better res, and a better field of view with a bigger sweet spot.

I find the MR headsets to be more like a budget option with the usual caveats.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• SephrosSephros Member UncommonPosts: 429
    Viper482 said:
    Windows 10 is fine, stop being stupid.

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
    Press F1 to continue......