Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Archeage 4.5 Skill Changes

jahlonjahlon Member UncommonPosts: 388
For those of you who play Archeage and are following the development timeline, we should be getting the 4.5 Patch "Soon"

Soon being probably before June.

4.5 represents significant changes, deep foundation changes.

I've done a video series on all these changes, the most recent video being on Occultism.   You may find them interesting.

Mikeha

Comments

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited March 2018
    Does anyone still play Arche Age after Trion ruined it and took many peoples land with server merges and stuff, as well as introducing PVP Griefing.
  • jahlonjahlon Member UncommonPosts: 388
    There aren't a ton of players, but I mean there hasn't to be enough to keep the number of servers they have going.

I'm not sure if 4.5 will help or hurt the game, and we are really waiting on hearing about the new Fresh Start or Remastered servers. 
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited March 2018
    Two things turned me off immediately.
    1 ? !
    2 that map idea i did not like and didn't feel like figuring out if it could be changed and not a see through map.

IDK usually that is not nearly enough to send me packing but something just didn't feel right with AA.I think had a lot to do with back of my mind i detest pvp in rpg's,so i figured why waste my time in a game i won't be interested in it's core values.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

DMKano said:
    Renoaku said:
    Does anyone still play Arche Age after Trion ruined it and took many peoples land with server merges and stuff, as well as introducing PVP Griefing.

The game is quite popular still regardless all the turmoil. If there was a 100% clone of AA out there, the game would be dead today, but... nope.

The main reason why is - there is no other game quite like ArcheAge yet so the core players like myself and my guild never left as there is no substitute.

I never left and have seen a steady improvement from both Trion and XL in terms of patches and content especially lately since XL refocused their entire staff on ArcheAge.

4.5 is the first major patch from XL with all of their devs working on AA again and it shows.

Really looking forward to 4.5x cant wait to see what 5.0 brings now that XL is solely focused on AA

That is very true.  I've said that a number of times.

Half the time I say to myself "Why do I still play this game?"  then its because NOTHING has been done better.

Now, don't get me wrong, I don't think Archeage is a great game, I just think its the best game out there right now.

Blade and Soul, Revelation Online, Black Desert Online, all these games were supposed to "kill" Archeage, but all they did was take little nibbles out of the population.

Now, with about 10+ games coming out this year, if Trion and XL don't right the ship, and in a hurry, they will have more nibbles taken out of them by A:IR and Bless early in the year, and then all the games in Alpha and Beta (Camelot Unchained, Ashes, Crowfall, CoE).   

They are going to face the death by 1,000 papercuts.   They need to get 4.5 out and it needs to be good, they need to get a Fresh Start / Remastered server out and it needs to be good or they'll just sort of fade in the shadows.  
    BillySoleMikeha
    Might as well throw this in here:

Defense Skill Changes
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    ArcheAge is still going strong and thats good to see. I just downloaded to have everything already set up for 4.5 Fresh Start. 

I see 7 Legacy Servers with Thunderwing being the most popular. Looks like the Fresh Start server will be Nui for NA? 

I did not really play a lot of this game at launch but this time I am going to really put some quality time into it. 

I must say I love that music that plays at the server selection screen. :)
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Mikeha said:
    ArcheAge is still going strong and thats good to see. I just downloaded to have everything already set up for 4.5 Fresh Start. 
    Likewise.. I rally enjoyed Archeage on launch so I think this will also be exciting to begin with.
    Apparently they've also lessened the P2W stuff so this might be worthwhile playing for a long time to come (Or until Camelot Unchained beta at least).

..Cake..

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780
    Any up to date guides on how to fast track and get your gear upgraded to a good level fast so you can compete?