Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Richard Garriott Sits with the Texas Story Project to Talk About His Career in Gaming - Shroud of th

2»

Comments

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    SotA isn't exactly what I would call ending it on a high note...
    Ice-QueenPugroc

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Tofke said:
    Maybe time to move on from him until he does something worth noting. Been a while after all.
    Kinda like having a hit song or movie 20 years ago.
    MrMelGibson
  • WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    No matter what anyone else thinks, I will always remember the Black Gate, and Tabula Rosa for all of the fun and entertainment I had from them. I wish General British all the best.
    [Deleted User]
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    I know I'm not the first two bellow from the rooftops that Garriot needs to stop polishing the memories of his glory days as a way to invite support to SotA.

The irony is he's spent the last decade trying to capitalise on the nostalgia for an IP that he sold off so he could build his real-life madman's castle. It's so obvious he regrets selling Ultima, but creatively he has been at a dead-end since Ultima peaked.

Ultima 7 and Ultima Online are probably still my favourite games of all-time, but at the moment he's a jaded industry veteran that went insane on in-game real estate pricing.
    meh, it works for Chris Roberts and David Brevik too.