Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pantheon,Ashes,Lucimia release dates ?

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
Can anyone help solve a problem I'm having ? 

I have a list of 3 anticipated mmorpg's, by all means ADD YOUR OWN to this list. 
Pantheon 
Ashes of Creation 
Saga of Lucimia  

With no actual release dates, I'm sure many would agree that ALL anticipated mmos (add your own) are on the same collision course.  It's like were going from nothing to everything at least for many of us. 

Assuming all anticipated are quality games:
- Could they all suffer from competition ? 
- Will the first released win the prize ? 
- Will the last release steal the population ? 
- How do you stick with one ? 

I for one would like to find a real home, it's been a long time since development went in this direction of staying power.  For many like me "finding a home", this could be a problem knowing their are others. 

Maybe I'm looking too deep, I'm sure their will be flops.... But If you assume All are quality, this could drive you nuts ! 

Comments

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    DMKano said:
    The solution is very easy:

You play multiple games at the same time.

You're not breaking any laws if you play multiple MMORPGs at the same time.

In this case - Pantheon is the only choice for me:

AoC - I think the game will be nowhere what was promised, so doubt that it will amount to anything good

SoL - the game is done by a noob unexperienced developers on a shoestring budget, so it's going to be really rough around the edges

Pantheon - veteran devs with solid 1st gen MMORPG background, easily the highest likelyhood of creating an actual worthy game

It would be nice to have many good releases, but I tend to agree.  

I'm expecting only 1 out of 3.  So the problem may solve itself.
    Aethaeryn
  • Trident9259Trident9259 Member UncommonPosts: 860
    at this rate, i don't think you'll have this problem anytime soon; at least not in 2018.
    Kyleran
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Yes the famous "which game in alpha now am I going to play on release" debate!
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited March 2018
    It could drive you nuts unless you follow this golden rule:

Don't play until after the real launch and you have seen reviews. For all that, like the Marquis mentioned this won't be an issue until 2019.

SotA may be out of 'beta' by Autumn, in fact it highlights an issue with the golden rule, it is becoming harder and harder to know when a game has truly launched. We are reaching the stage where we have to get a feel for if a game has launched, regardless of what the developers and gaming sites are saying!

I know, I get your point by saying "what's the point"  

It's just for me at least, I don't consider anything an mmorpg, and way down the line we could get them all at once. 

It's kind of like being stuck on an island for years and a cruse ship eventually saves you with a full menu with everything on it. 
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033

It's just for me at least, I don't consider anything an mmorpg, and way down the line we could get them all at once. 

It's kind of like being stuck on an island for years and a cruse ship eventually saves you with a full menu with everything on it. 
    Plenty of mmos available now.  If they are not to your liking, that's ok.  Doesn't mean they don't exist though.
    Scot said:

Don't play until after the real launch and you have seen reviews. For all that, like the Marquis mentioned this won't be an issue until 2019.

SotA may be out of 'beta' by Autumn, in fact it highlights an issue with the golden rule, it is becoming harder and harder to know when a game has truly launched. We are reaching the stage where we have to get a feel for if a game has launched, regardless of what the developers and gaming sites are saying!

Yes, It's like you cant believe anything anymore (in a way never could). 

Kingdom Come Deliverance: 
    Before release you had ALL positive podcast and many so called pre-release reviewers ALL positive.  Steam is giving it an overwhelming high score.  

Yet many complaints of bugs and non-realistic game play that doesn't make sense.  

Top seller ?...Sure, all because it was before the facts.  I'm not saying Kingdom Come Deliverance is a bad game, but it should be more like a wait-and-see-game. 

Ashes of Creation: 
    Of the three, this one seems to be pumping a lot of official propaganda that could be false, even for a crowed funded game.   
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    The chances that there will be three solid mmorpg all releasing within a year is less than zero nowadays. Last time we had two AAA mmorpg releasing within a few months one flopped badly and I disliked both of them.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited March 2018
    Wel i will also add be careful what reviews you read,websites and fanbois who have invested money BOTH have something to gain from positive reviews.
    Then again i don't find many people to actually want a mmorpg,they seem to want to play very superficial ideas that are the anti mmo/rpg.

I personally rate moba's,Arpg's,Wow as terrible designs/games yet guess what ,most players.

Point being if you are truly looking for a mmorpg,you have to be looking for quality MMO+RPG ideals and not some Esport charged game or some game that encourages instance gaming.I also find people to be two faced or simply don't wtf they are talking about.Example the biggest criticism of GW was a lobby/instance type game,that was the consensus across the entire board,ALL media/players alike,well guess what Wow is>>>lfg instance finder,so nothing more than a lobby based instance game with the rest just being meaningless  fluff,especially with the most valuable loot being in those instances.

So long winded point,is that a LOT of what you read is just fanbois or biased reviews and nothing of an actual factual or based review.I hope the best for Pantheon i really do but i do not for the life of me think it is going to be any kind of savior.Ashes is just marketing and Lucimia is not going to be AAA.I could point out al the flaws til i am blue in the face but the majority of gamer's have low standards,they will play a game simply for open world pvp or cool pets/mounts or simply for the RAIDS or instance looting,not many want a full mmorpg game.
    delete5230Kyleran

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    Scot said:

I notice MassivelyOP still uses the traditional definition more or less, once a game stops wiping progression,  they flag it as "soft launched" regardless what other weasel worded descriptor the game's developers might be using at the time.

I think CU will follow the old school route and do a proper wipe right before formal launch, but not so sure many others will, maybe Ashes from the above list but who knows?
    Slapshot1188ScotConstantineMerus

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited March 2018

Plenty of mmos available now.  If they are not to your liking, that's ok.  Doesn't mean they don't exist though.
    If one narrows the set of desired features to a certain specific set when defining what makes a MMORPG then perhaps there really aren't any.

Take this one feature which used to prominently define many titles in the genre.

Group centric gameplay dominant throughout the full progression curve

Please start listing all games created in the last 10 years which have this feature.

Then add "persistent, non instanced gameworld with no RMT or Pay for Advantage cash shop."  Even better, PVE sandbox....there's a purple squirrel for you.

Doesn't take much to disqualify most every title out there, yet these are standards by which many judge what they will play.

Just because you enjoy playing modern "games" doesnt make them at all what a MMORPG could be, or what some are looking for.

By their definition, such games no longer exist, and you'd be sore pressed to prove them wrong.

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

1. Not very much. They're not very large budget projects, and if they manage to be good quality then there's going to be enough audience with money available to make them profitable.

2. They will all win the price because otherwise our assumption that they are quality games would be false

3. No. They're different enough from each other and from the other games that exists on the market that none of them is going to steal population of another game that easily. Also even if we assume that they are quality games, they don't have the budget to be so superior quality that they could steal large audiences from different games

4. Badly

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Can anyone help solve a problem I'm having ? 

I have a list of 3 anticipated mmorpg's, by all means ADD YOUR OWN to this list. 
    Pantheon 
    Ashes of Creation 
    Saga of Lucimia  

With no actual release dates, I'm sure many would agree that ALL anticipated mmos (add your own) are on the same collision course.  It's like were going from nothing to everything at least for many of us. 

I for one would like to find a real home, it's been a long time since development went in this direction of staying power.  For many like me "finding a home", this could be a problem knowing their are others. 

Maybe I'm looking too deep, I'm sure their will be flops.... But If you assume All are quality, this could drive you nuts ! 
    It takes around 5 years to create an MMORPG from scratch.  That so many are on a 'collision course' is probably due to the fact that these games appear to have started around the same time.

Competition?  Yes, there will be competition, despite what the fervent followers may say.  Consumers' wallets aren't unlimited, at least I know mine isn't.

First released winning?  EQ2 came out before WoW, and I don't hear many claiming that EQ2 was more impactful, better or more profitable than WoW.  So, no.  I don't think being first on the market guarantees anything.

Last release winning?  Only if there is enough time between the first of the next generation and the 'last release' to actually identify and correct some of the major issues.  Again, since these upcoming games appeared to start around 2014-2015, most will probably be released in the 2019-2020 era.  Unless one of these companies hold release until 2021, they won't have time to do 'competitor analysis' and react.  I don't see any of the new generation games having the kind of financial backing to support themselves an extra 2 years, so no.  I'd have to disagree with this, even though I think this is more probable than the other ideas.

Stick with one?  Easy.  Become fiscally despondent like me and let your wallet restrict your ability to play.  Even though imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, I would strongly suggest that you find a better way than 2 strokes and 6 congestive heart failures to achieve your own despondency.  Or become a smarter consumer on your own.  Decide what you like, and play that.

If having a choice of many quality games is a problem, then let's go.  I can survive that.

delete5230

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

Kyleran said:
    Scot said:

I notice MassivelyOP still uses the traditional definition more or less, once a game stops wiping progression,  they flag it as "soft launched" regardless what other weasel worded descriptor the game's developers might be using at the time.

I think CU will follow the old school route and do a proper wipe right before formal launch, but not so sure many others will, maybe Ashes from the above list but who knows?
    I think the announcement of no further wipes and a cash shop is a workable criteria. Next one you can sort out for me is when is a review a proper review? :)

Obviously you get the pre-reviews, the part reviews, the first, second and third week reviews. On the basis of a "launch" as we just described, SotA should have had its final review last year as I think they announced no wipes last year?
    Kyleran
  • 1AD71AD7 Member UncommonPosts: 51
    Pantheon is pretty much the only one I am following.  I have nothing against any of the other games but when it comes to MMO's there is no way I could invest into multiple titles at the same time.
  • danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    Personally I am sticking with Ashes of Creation.  It looks to be the best of the 3 right now.   The developers from what I see so far are doing a good job.   I just hope they make sure they keep away from the Raid Treadmill and focus on Crafting for gear.   

I am not being a blind fanboy but I am bias.   I personally feel that the game will not come out until 2020 because the amount of work that needs to be done, plus I feel that there will be a lot of work still needing to be done after release.
    I will be very surprised if any of the more well known indie MMORPGS fully launch before sometime in 2020, and many will carry beyond then.

There will be of course many opportunities for early access testing before then in almost all of them I'm sure, which will keep many entertained.

• LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514

I foresee the first one to release a fully launched state to be in really good shape.  Unless, of course, it's a complete trainwreck of a game.  So, for simplicity sake, by "fully launched state", I mean an actually functioning and reasonably polished game.

Due to the massive dead zone we've seen in the genre, one of these indie games could really pick up a pretty big following if they manage to put out something interesting ahead of the pack.
    -----------------
    Of the three you actually mentioned:
    - Pantheon: I do think Pantheon is the most likely to actually release.  But, I think half the people following it have false expectations of what it's going to be.

- Ashes: I really haven't seen much proof of anything about this game.  I think this is just one of the games receiving hype without any work to show.  Buzz words and promises so far.

- Lucimia:  Well, this one is a real wild card due to inexperienced developers.  However, I really do believe this is the game that most of those Pantheon "old-school" fans actually want, assuming it turns out like described.
    -----------------

As for what game will release soonest, I imagine Crowfall will likely be it.  However, I personally think Crowfall is going to fall under that "trainwreck" category I mentioned.  I have very little faith in it.  I think performance alone is going to all but kill their planned game design(that being large-scale pvp).
    Mendel
    edited March 2018
    "I foresee the first one to release a fully launched state to be in really good shape.  Unless, of course, it's a complete trainwreck of a game."

I think that's a fairly safe prediction. :)

I am not sure the "winner" if there is going to be one needs to be ahead of the pack. We have already seen questions about how good SotA is, which looks like it is coming out of the gate first. Take a golden rule from the early years of MMOs: the longer you wait the better the launch is.
    Mendel
  • jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706
    Only one I'm partly interested in is Crowfall, and even that I won't be playing without a trial or something first. I'm thinking all these kickstarter MMOs are over spouting features that won't be as interesting as they seem or just plain won't be delivered.
    Mendel