Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online - The Pressing Issues in ESO - MMORPG.com

124»

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited March 2018
    Coolit said:

For me as a collector the most pressing issue with ESO is that most of the collectable items are in the store and there are very few pets, mounts or appearances that are earnable in game. Crown crates further exacerbate the problem and are the main reason I don’t sub to ESO and never will.

This is exactly what happened to Wiz 101.was really good for awhile,then they went full on cash shop and stopped giving anything away.When i see a scummy developer like that ,i make sure to tell others and put it into the media stream because scummy developers should be black listed.

When i enter a game world,that is it,i don't want any outside interference or influence.That world should feel immersive,we act like we live in that world while NOT having access to cash shops in some magical sky.If devs want cash shops,keep it out of the dam game world,quit influencing and ruining games.

The obvious problem is that once a dev goes cash shop,they will more and more get the feeling they don't want to create anything for the players that is not tied into the CS or lootboxes,selling card packs whatever,it is all the same crap.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited March 2018
    You know how we got to this state in gaming??
    The people that actually have the power and ability to communicate and call out these lame as devs are the websites,gaming websites.However all they want to do is partner up with these developers and kiss their ass .
    You will NEVER see a website QA tell a developer,their cash shop is no good and should be changed,NEVER happens.Instead they will word it in a bullshit way like "how do you feel the community has responded to your lootboxes"when they know dam well how we feel but they are too busy kissing ass to say something.

So who has the voice,us the gamer,pfft they will lock out any forum post that is not praising or saying THANK YOU.
    [Deleted User]

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• deveilbladdeveilblad Member UncommonPosts: 193
    Zeppel80 said:
    Nyctelios said:
    Nyctelios said:
    I had a blast with ESO when it was remade (and they got rid of the bots), but I solo'ed the whole thing - even group content. Also don't like they scatter locked content behind paywall on base game maps and base game progression. Finding a box I can't open because I don't own a dlc after exploring a hidden spot is a slap in the face instead of a reward. I guess they tried to pull the "oh, ok, I'll buy it then" type of feeling on players but it works the opposite direction for me: I see something like that and it's an instant turn off.

Also, not great experiences on dungeon runs.

You mean they want money for their content?  LUDICROUS
    No, smart ass, my point is that base game in which I bought should allow me access to content on said base. The moment you start to shove paid extra content on base game area you'll start to fill the blanks that should be filled with accessable content with content I can't access... which I already paid.

Make an expension or dlc, nice, who buys it go and access its content wherever it is. That thing I can't access placed in some hidden cave in base content could be something I could access instead. A chest, a reward for exploration. Not a paywall reward.
    Your argument makes no sense. The Thieve's Guild boxes are part of the DLC.  The Thieve's Guild exists everywhere, so it only makes sense that the boxes are everywhere, too.  You might as well complain that you don't have access to dye, costumes, or skins that can only be earned by completing content contained in a DLC.  After all, other players in the base game areas have them, why shouldn't you?

You're still getting exactly the same content you would have gotten before the DLC. You paid for the base content and it's all there and available to you. 

He's saying someone without the DLC shouldn't be able to drop those boxes at all. Giving a locked box that you can't open unless you buy the DLC is stupid. Just don't make it appear at all if your account doesn't have the DLC.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Zamuro said:
    yo @Teala , do u rly think they will rework the combat? :D thats never gonna happen. sry but the only good thing they have done in the last years is outfit system and battlegrounds. very lazy and greedy devs. i have seen better INDIE devs that are probably 10 ppl with extremely low budget
    update 17 contains a pretty signifigant combat overhaul
  • InfiniteStrifeInfiniteStrife Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Hated ESO at launch and im just confirmed everytime I come back, even though Morrowind has some stunning visuals the game is still largely designed orund a huge PvE world setting (yes, E, Cyrodiil isnt world pvp, its just a large battleground sorry fanboys).

Consolified abillities, especially the healing ones with autoaim, horrid swap weapon mechanic that (also) is made EXACTLY so that console players could play the game.

Abillities and spells in ESO are dull and floaty...its almost as bad as GW2s spammy aoe fest but with lesser impact.

In WoW (and yeah thats one of the main reasons why WoW was a huge success) your abillities were impactful, clean and if you started to getting better at your class you could soon feel the power behind every mechanism....which isnt present in Eso.

I could list many more things but this is the truth about why the mmo is for a communiti that doesnt know better which is sad...it couldve been so much more than the garbage it is today.
    [Deleted User]
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    I stopped playing because it never felt like an MMORPG to me.  I leveled several characters to 30 without ever joining a group.  In fact, the times I tried to form a group, I found no takers.  Maybe it was just the time of day I was playing, but the game felt empty, despite seeing lots of characters around the towns.

The land seemed so cramped.  Every mob seemed like there was a quest for it; there wasn't any grinding.  The few open world dungeons I went through were very linear.  Not so in terms of physical layout, caves tend to be very linear.  But the quests were absolutely linear.  Everything had to be killed in the right order, little if any skipping a step was allowed.

A number of the quests required you to 'follow' an NPC.  That didn't always work right.  The NPC went on their scripted way at top speed, and you couldn't see where the NPC went.  I had to restart these quests several times just to see where I needed to go.  It seemed sloppy.

It really felt more like a single player game than a world to me, and that wasn't really what I wanted.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    edited March 2018
    Wizardry said:
    You know how we got to this state in gaming??
    The people that actually have the power and ability to communicate and call out these lame as devs are the websites,gaming websites.However all they want to do is partner up with these developers and kiss their ass .
    You will NEVER see a website QA tell a developer,their cash shop is no good and should be changed,NEVER happens.Instead they will word it in a bullshit way like "how do you feel the community has responded to your lootboxes"when they know dam well how we feel but they are too busy kissing ass to say something.

So who has the voice,us the gamer,pfft they will lock out any forum post that is not praising or saying THANK YOU.

There is nothing actually in the ESO Crown Store(cash shop) a player really needs - 98% of the stuff is just cosmetic and the rest is just silly exp scrolls(which aren't needed since leveling is really not an issue) and the tri-stat potions and food that any player can make(you can buy them on guild stores).   There is no pay-to-win anything on ESO's crown store.
  • Gel214thGel214th Member UncommonPosts: 188
    The lack of a global auction house in the game is ridiculous. I have no idea what they were trying to accomplish, but all it did was make it nearly impossible for any kind of real economy to develop. I would like to see the numbers on how many people actually trade in the game.

If you are basically trying to force people into Guilds in order to get access to stuff, then that's a bad model for guilds in my view.

Something could be done for build diversity between skills and weapons. In my view if you are Stamina and using Weapons your class almost doesn't matter since you will be just using very few class skills. You really only get a sense of the Class when you play as a Magicka player. It's an odd system but I guess it forces people to make Alts, which forces them to repeat purchases in the Store?

Rest of the game is fine, and it's one of the top MMOs out there!

HluillAnthony_Arndt
  • alivenaliven Member UncommonPosts: 346
    Zeppel80 said:
    Nyctelios said:
    Nyctelios said:
    I had a blast with ESO when it was remade (and they got rid of the bots), but I solo'ed the whole thing - even group content. Also don't like they scatter locked content behind paywall on base game maps and base game progression. Finding a box I can't open because I don't own a dlc after exploring a hidden spot is a slap in the face instead of a reward. I guess they tried to pull the "oh, ok, I'll buy it then" type of feeling on players but it works the opposite direction for me: I see something like that and it's an instant turn off.

Also, not great experiences on dungeon runs.

You mean they want money for their content?  LUDICROUS
    No, smart ass, my point is that base game in which I bought should allow me access to content on said base. The moment you start to shove paid extra content on base game area you'll start to fill the blanks that should be filled with accessable content with content I can't access... which I already paid.

Make an expension or dlc, nice, who buys it go and access its content wherever it is. That thing I can't access placed in some hidden cave in base content could be something I could access instead. A chest, a reward for exploration. Not a paywall reward.
    Your argument makes no sense. The Thieve's Guild boxes are part of the DLC.  The Thieve's Guild exists everywhere, so it only makes sense that the boxes are everywhere, too.  You might as well complain that you don't have access to dye, costumes, or skins that can only be earned by completing content contained in a DLC.  After all, other players in the base game areas have them, why shouldn't you?

You're still getting exactly the same content you would have gotten before the DLC. You paid for the base content and it's all there and available to you. 

He's saying someone without the DLC shouldn't be able to drop those boxes at all. Giving a locked box that you can't open unless you buy the DLC is stupid. Just don't make it appear at all if your account doesn't have the DLC.
    Oh it makes perfect sense. This is to show you you are missing out without dlc. You should shower eso devs with moneys or else they will tease you with that kind of crap for ever and ever. 

Predatory psychology 101. 
  • alivenaliven Member UncommonPosts: 346
    Zamuro said:
    Scorchien said:
    Zamuro said:
    yo @Teala , do u rly think they will rework the combat? :D thats never gonna happen. sry but the only good thing they have done in the last years is outfit system and battlegrounds. very lazy and greedy devs. i have seen better INDIE devs that are probably 10 ppl with extremely low budget
    update 17 contains a pretty signifigant combat overhaul
    you are kidding, right?
    im playing eso right now and i just read about the update you mentioned. i didnt EVEN NOTICE that there has been any changes to the combat and i have played for weeks now(after a big break). these minor, completely unnoticable changes in that update 17 are nothing even close to what ppl are talking about in this topic(the limited amount of bars made for shitty console players, animations, diversity etc.). they are pretty pathetic actually - block costs less stamina, some synergies and shits, and other irrelevant changes. u call that a combat OVERHAUL? *insert jackie chan wtf emote here*
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26307
    You do know that there is this game called FF14, with classes having 30+ abilities and slots for them on multiple hotbars right? And you know that this game can be played with controller and is fully viable and sometimes even better than using mouse and keyboard? You also know that there is a game called GW2, pure pc title, with 10 slots right? Without controller support at all?

Man how does it feel to have you shitty argument deconstructed?