Equipment power level and monsters difficulty
Equipment power level
1. Starter eq
Everyone know good equipment means player become more powerful.
Lets say this mmorpg have level scaling (player level get increases/down according to the map level). Example player level 1 and grinding at level 95-100 map. Player get uplevel to 95. only stats not skills, means a real lv 95 player has more skills/abilities than lv 95 uplevels. In the other hand, if level 100 player go to level 1-5 map, their level will be 5 (max since they are lv 100). More example if the player level 44, and leveling at level 40-45 area, they level stay 44.
There is 10 type of monster difficulty. Lets say the player has average mmorpg player skills and starter equipment
1. very easy (player can 1v2 them, can show off on youtube with outnumbered fight title with hp 40% left)
2. easy (player can 1v2 but barely survive)
3. normal (player 1v1 mob still win, 1v2 mobs player lose)
4. hard (player have 50% chance to win on 1v1 fight)
5. very hard (elite mobs. player cant win 1v1, player lose to the skill rotation and need to gank the mob 5v1, this also mini boss minion)
6. legendary 1 - map boss minion, player need 10v1
7. legendary 2 - world boss minion, player need 15v1
8. legendary 3 - mini boss, player need 20v1
9. legendary 4 - map boss, player need 30v1
10. legendary 5 - world boss - player need 40vs 1, freaking raid.
players with better/high/legendary equipment can fight the mobs better than newbie equipment, hence need less player to defeat powerful monsters.