Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : Theralon Manifesto Trailer - A Sandbox MMORPG That Was Cancelled

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited March 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : Theralon Manifesto Trailer - A Sandbox MMORPG That Was Cancelled

MMORPG.com is the leading destination for MMORPG games, news and exclusive coverage of the MMO gaming space. Our free MMO games list and discussion forums are the best site for gamers in search of a gaming community.

Read the full story here

Comments

• jgDuffayjgDuffay Member UncommonPosts: 237
    tbh, i have seen so many kickstarter hype videos now that promise true player driven full sandbox. but they never really manage to flesh out what they are saying in the end. but i would probably try this one if it got out anyway xD

/raisehand
    Alomar
  • MitaraMitara Member UncommonPosts: 755
    /raisehand. One day one developer will get it right...
    Alomar
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    That city looks very much like Divinity's Reach in GW2.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• ColdrenColdren Member UncommonPosts: 495
    /raisehand

.. Would be nice.
    Alomar
  • AsgeirAsgeir Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Is Infernum Games still active?
  • rubydragon5rubydragon5 Member UncommonPosts: 693
    I watched the video and it raised some mojor flags, like every single person interviewed had the same backdrop, either a one room studio, or staged lol, I really don't think these guys even tried to build a mmo, just steal some cash

• ManasuManasu Member UncommonPosts: 212
    It's really sad...
    Their trailer showed that they already had some systems/features in place. I guess by now it would be in a good state. Too bad...
    Sandbox MMORPGs that are not very well-known but definitely worth a look:

Ryzom, Haven and Hearth, Xsyon, The Repopulation, UO private shards, Mortal Online, Darkfall 1 remakes (New Dawn or Rise of Agon), RPG MO, Project Gorgon, EQ: Sanctuary (custom  server)
  • DenambrenDenambren Member UncommonPosts: 399
    "PvP should be thrilling, and not frustrating. You will never know if someone is your friend or foe."

That PvP design philosophy sounds like a recipe for pure thrills, AMIRITE? lol
  • KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667
    edited March 2018
    Is it FREE, else no one here will give a damn.

Infernum realized that the PvP community would not financially support the game, and all the socializers who would buy cosmetic items wouldn't stay longer than a week. Before the killers (PvP focused players) chased then off. Once all the care bears were gone, there would be no reason for the killers to stay. Killers don't want to PvP other killers (HELL No they say!).

Once Infernum sees the preferred play style of the PvP community they will be mortified.
    MadFrenchieBorluc

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667
    Asgeir said:
    Is Infernum Games still active?
    Yes.
    apoc2k4Borluc

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    It isn't a rocket science that this project needed less hand raises and more money funded.
    Borluc

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100

This will be huge in China. They should market it there first.

1. The chinese players loved shadowbane
    2. They loved Dark and Light enough to buy the assets from npcube or whatever

they love conquer and claim games and for an indi dev with a game like this not looking towards china for a great revenue stream to support better production after release is kind of a bad move. ..

Look at the Conquerors Blade beta , day 2 the players from China owned everything outside of the city, they have an extreme appetite fof ruling in game worlds, and they do it very well.

How does that get a Mild Warning ?
    Why did you quote yourself did you forget which account you were on ?
    Chamber of Chains
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    jgDuffay said:
    tbh, i have seen so many kickstarter hype videos now that promise true player driven full sandbox. but they never really manage to flesh out what they are saying in the end. but i would probably try this one if it got out anyway xD

/raisehand
    Developers use the term "Sandbox" because they are not capable of adding content,no money or large enough team.
    I always get the same feeling when i see "post apocalyptic"usually tells me the same thing,a DEAD looking world.

KS'rs ,crowd funding makes it way too easy for ANY developer to just toss it out there,if nobody bites,they lose nothing,if they get some suckers,they move onward and sell EA "meaning sell NOTHING".

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 499

Konfess said:

Is it FREE, else no one here will give a damn.

Infernum realized that the PvP community would not financially support the game, and all the socializers who would buy cosmetic items wouldn't stay longer than a week. Before the killers (PvP focused players) chased then off. Once all the care bears were gone, there would be no reason for the killers to stay. Killers don't want to PvP other killers (HELL No they say!).

Once Infernum sees the preferred play style of the PvP community they will be mortified.

Carebear alert!
  • IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138
    How about this for an idea;

make a strategy game that has the bird eyes view 3rd person for armies and building bases, and first person for heroes you can control that plays like mmo classes.

It would need tools for that kind of gameplay as well.

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

cheyane said:

This will be huge in China. They should market it there first.

1. The chinese players loved shadowbane

2. They loved Dark and Light enough to buy the assets from npcube or whatever

they love conquer and claim games and for an indi dev with a game like this not looking towards china for a great revenue stream to support better production after release is kind of a bad move. ..

Look at the Conquerors Blade beta , day 2 the players from China owned everything outside of the city, they have an extreme appetite fof ruling in game worlds, and they do it very well.

How does that get a Mild Warning ?

Why did you quote yourself did you forget which account you were on ?

some one flagged my initial statement as trolling so I explained ,myself.

Seriously? That's a bit over the top.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon