Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Drew Karpyshyn Leaves BioWare Again & Heads to Fogbank - Anthem News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageDrew Karpyshyn Leaves BioWare Again & Heads to Fogbank - Anthem News

Drew Karpyshyn has left BioWare for the second time after rejoining the studio in 2016 and revealing he was working on Anthem in mid-2017. He had previously left BW in 2012 to

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• urbanmechurbanmech Member UncommonPosts: 200
    He was the reason the first Mass Effect games well so well written. 
    [Deleted User]PhryFreelancerND
  • Erinak1Erinak1 Member UncommonPosts: 205
    DMKano said:
    He left BioWare the first time, now he left EA. BioWare is now just a name EA uses
    That is true of every company though, Any company name is just a company name that represents the people that started it, not the people currently in it :P
  • immoralthangimmoralthang Member RarePosts: 300
    It doesn't take a psychic to know Anthem is going to be a disaster and will be the end of "Bioware".

anemoseshsesNephethwarsaber1375kjohioPhryGorweScotTacticalZombehinfomatz
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    RIP Bioware 1995-2007 RIP BioEAware 2007-2018
    ArskaaaNephethElethon
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • NitemareMMONitemareMMO Member UncommonPosts: 239
    C'mon y'all know Anthem is already finished and just lacks the polish now... :rolleyes:
  • seshsesseshses Member UncommonPosts: 67
    I miss the 2 doctors that founded Bioware back in the day felt sad what happened to them because of EA mostly .
    [Deleted User]
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    seshses said:
    I miss the 2 doctors that founded Bioware back in the day felt sad what happened to them because of EA mostly .
    As far as I know, they chose to sell Bioware to EA for a lot of money. Nothing sad about it, they got a nice huge paycheck from EA.
    [Deleted User]AlomarKonfessPhryGorweSBFordinfomatzMaxBacon

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• ishistishist Member UncommonPosts: 213
    edited March 2018

seshses said:

As far as I know, they chose to sell Bioware to EA for a lot of money. Nothing sad about it, they got a nice huge paycheck from EA.

Not sad for the doctors who got paid, sad for all the fans who got deprived of all the excellent games that could have been. All we have now is the rotting reanimated corpse that used to be Bioware. A good studio selling to EA is like replacing your favorite actor with a speak and spell taped to a mannequin.
    SBFord

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

• kjohiokjohio Member UncommonPosts: 35
    EA - where all great game companies go to die :(
    TacticalZombeh
  • AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,320
    I wish him well and hope no more companies allow themselves to get bought by EA.
  • KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667

Alverant said:

I wish him well and hope no more companies allow themselves to get bought by EA.

EA has a 10 person department reviewing a new company each week, that is desperate to be bought by EA. So they can walk away from the hell that is game development.

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Torval said:
    DMKano said:
    He left BioWare the first time, now he left EA. BioWare is now just a name EA uses
    So what do you make of it? He went to work for Disney with people who've done one IP branded knock-ff VR game. Why the frying pan for the apparent fire?
    You would have to ask him what it is about the game that they are making that drew his interest so much, the guy is a good writer, i would be very interested myself in finding out more about whatever game it is, because if Drew Karpashyn is going to be involved, then it means that there is likely something there worth taking note of. ;)
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    kjohio said:
    EA - where all great game IP's go to die :(
    fixed, though you weren't wrong either, its just that they kill IP's and the 'companies' are little more than 'zombies' by that point, of which Bioware is probably a good example.
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    EA:  We destroy Worlds!
    Scot

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Phry said:

Torval said:

DMKano said:

He left BioWare the first time, now he left EA.

BioWare is now just a name EA uses

So what do you make of it? He went to work for Disney with people who've done one IP branded knock-ff VR game. Why the frying pan for the apparent fire?

You would have to ask him what it is about the game that they are making that drew his interest so much, the guy is a good writer, i would be very interested myself in finding out more about whatever game it is, because if Drew Karpashyn is going to be involved, then it means that there is likely something there worth taking note of. ;)

Of course, I feel the same about David Gaider of the Dragon Age series. He left years ago to head to Beamdog and never created anything since they're mainly focused on rebirthing old games as extended editions. He's left there now too.

WIth the number of "old time" BioWare people who've left, I wish they'd start up their own company. That said, I wouldn't blame them if they didn't. I still keep eyes out for them though.
    [Deleted User]infomatz

¯\_(ツ)_/¯