Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift - Prepare for Prime - MMORPG.com

13»

Comments

• MasoodVoonMasoodVoon Member UncommonPosts: 50
    Man I was prepared to be disappointed as a returning player but I was really sucked in. I know there is no wpvp shard, pvp rifts, and conquest are gone but the warfront instances are still intense. There are near instant queues for pvp and hundreds of people were in the questing zones on the first day for each faction. I was surprised by this as it seemed many or most people I talked to in regular Rift didn't know or weren't planning on Prime. This makes me think most or many are returning players. I will probably stick it out for a while as this is a level of immersion I haven't seen in a while.
    [Deleted User]
  • Keldor837Keldor837 Member UncommonPosts: 263

nastilon said:

Well it doesn't matter now, I just found out there is no EU prime server.

EU and North America play on the same server. From what I understand it's supposed to be located on the Easy Coast US. So it shouldn't be too bad.
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065

MMOman101 said:

I did not play Rift at launch, but I did after the fact.  Are the Prime servers active at low levels?  Are people racing to level cap? 

People will always race to level cap.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Keldor837 said:

Never made it past 20 in this game...Too much of a WoW clone for my tastes....No interest in Prime whatsoever.

It always struck me as a WOW clone with worse art direction. I'd really like to know what people loved about it in it's first year or so.

Class system is by far one of the best. Playing as a Necromancer, summoning undead and such while questing. Then switching to a chloromancer and healing by DPSing (the only caster hybrid dps/heal i've played that worked and was fun). And the fact that you can also play a light-armor tank that literally blinks around. There's just so many unique classes that have little to no comparison to other games. The graphics were also amazing when it was first released...but hasn't aged well. And the Rift invasions were INSANE when zones were active. You could be a noob in the first zone and all hell was breaking loose as a death invasion is kicking the crap out of players and NPC's alike. And participate in an invasion world boss only a few hours into the game...nothing sparked my excitement that much so soon when starting an MMO.

At least that's how i felt when first playing the game. Later on was bored due to a lack of end-game content and left the game for other pastures and never went back. So I'm looking forward to a progression server of sorts to experience content in a progressive way that i missed years ago.
    I really didnt like the class system...To me one toon shouldnt have that much power and variety.... Being able to use three classes just makes it so everyone can do everything....THat isnt how RPG works.
  • AthisarAthisar Member UncommonPosts: 666
    Some people will of course race to cap but almost everyone is below 20 still. Silverwood is packed and you can go along to any Rift and usually fill a 20 man group. PVP queues are basically instant, though because not many are over 15, dungeons take longer.
  • XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    A game with only subscription and no cash shop is definitely good news. Is there no EU version though, as somebody above mentioned? I guess I need to research it a bit.
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    edited March 2018

Rift died with that shitty storm legion xpac imo.

Storm Legion was the BC of Rift, it was really good. Rift died with Nightmare Tide, F2P, removal of PvP and before they fixed the terrible optomization (which is greatly improved on Prime i've noticed)
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    Even if Trion made Rift Prime a permanent server, I still wouldn't resub due its highly antisocial structured questing community. If I want to solo, I will play a single player game. Pantheon can't get here soon enough.