Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crafting Life

nerovergilnerovergil Member UncommonPosts: 680
edited March 2018 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
crafting life

'mmorpg no longer a mass murder game'

player can avoid combat 100% and do a regular job. however player wont level up the combat job but only level up crafting job. player will be a good crafter but combat job stay level 1. 

of course, player can do both combat and crafting. this is good for roleplay player. player can create legendary item with high level of crafting

at the character creation, player can choose 1 crafting skill (and 2 combat skills). example, cook level 1

start of the game, player can apply as a chef at the each town tavern. to be a beginner chef, player need to have at least level 1 cook 

if player dont have level 1 cook, player can start as dishwasher and level up cleaner to level 2 to be the beginner of any crafting profesion.

as a beginner cheff, player need to cook 10 dish to level up to level 2. however, only 10 dish are sponsored by the tavern a day, if u wish to level up more, u need to buy the ingredients yourself. player get paid after finish the task.

player can do multiple crafting. u can be chef, blacksmith, traveling merchant, farmer, miner, gatherer,etc. however there is cooldown for every crafting profesion. example after u be a cheff and cook 10 foods, u need to wait 30 minutes to do another profession.

the more player create food, player will create more high quality food. 100 high quality food will increase cook to level 2.

crafting is simple, just put the item and yadda yadda complete. its rng

list of crafting profession, non combat related ( u can be a town guard, but that need combat skills):

1. cheff cook
2. cleaner (anything, waitress in taver, sailor in ship,etc)
3. miner
4. blacksmith (weapon, armor)
5. driver (caravan, ship,etc)
6. merchant/traveling merchant
7. courier
8. alchemy
6. herbalist
7. contruction
8. leatherworking
9. tailoring
10. enchanter/jeweler (magic stuff)
11. lumber
12. farmer/gardener/husbandry 
13. mount
14. gathering (skinning, herbs)
15. musician
16. messenger/librarian (journalist)
17. carpentary (bow, arrow)
18. fishing
19.engineering
20. medic

Post edited by nerovergil on
Gdemami

Comments

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Sounds like a Job.

I don't put my work boots on for less than $25 an hour.
  • iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    Sounds like a Job.

IKR , it first thing i though .

After all we play game and not doing real life jobs
  • Peajay123Peajay123 Member UncommonPosts: 30
    I prefer games that offer in-depth gathering and crafting and allow the player to avoid killing all the time. Eco is an example of this, and games like Archeage and Black Desert Online offer that too.

Sadly most MMORPG's fail because they try to cater to the PVP crowd that enjoy spoiling the game for others, as well as the in game cash shop killing the game with pay to win making things even more unfair if you don't fork out all your money every month just to keep up with those that do.

When will developers learn that PVP doesn't belong in a MMORPG, and cash shops are killing their games?
    Hluill
  • nerovergilnerovergil Member UncommonPosts: 680
    edited March 2018
    iixviiiix said:
    Sounds like a Job.

its simulation. u dont even play. just put ingredients (like gw2 crafting) and press craft yadda yadda ten times, then crafting cooldown 30 min (cant do other profesion, but u can continue craft food or go outside)

u can roleplay at the tavern or do whatever..

for traveling merchant, just talk to merchant guild, he give u item, u ride a caravan, go other town, sell it. (all auto path like black desert online, simulation, auto play, just roleplay)
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    There was this guy on the server in FFIV I was on who was in Ul'dah all day crafting. He was crafting for life.

• ElandrialElandrial Member UncommonPosts: 179
    ffxiv has a very in depth crafting system,shame it is 100% useless.the only products of any use outside chef and alchemy are made for crafters.you can make it for adventurers but the cost vs the store bought is not very cost effective considering how fast you go thru them.than once you reach end game you get the stuff from dungeon runs.

you cannot craft alone,you need to be able to get mats,so you need to get to the areas.but all in all,crafting is a job.who wants to get off work and do a job.why i hate guilds/clans that expect you to participate in raids or crap daily.
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    You could also do this in EVE. You could craft all day and never kill anything.
    Kyleran
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    iixviiiix said:
    Sounds like a Job.

its simulation. u dont even play. just put ingredients (like gw2 crafting) and press craft yadda yadda ten times, then crafting cooldown 30 min (cant do other profesion, but u can continue craft food or go outside)

for traveling merchant, just talk to merchant guild, he give u item, u ride a caravan, go other town, sell it. (all auto path like black desert online, simulation, auto play, just roleplay)

Something like non combat repeatable quests that help player to role play ? it kind of interest .

• danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    I am looking forward to Ashes of Creation because it sounds like they will have a very deep crafting system.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    iixviiiix said:
    Sounds like a Job.

How does your proposal differ from Runescape 3, because this seems quite similar.

Only recently started with R3 and still doing guided tasks (can't fault them on depth of tutorials) so perhaps I'm not seeing the differences?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    edited March 2018

at the character creation, player can choose 1 crafting skill (and 2 combat skills). example, cook level 1

No way.  I would never play an MMO where you are limited to 1 profession, and it's also stupid to get them at character creation rather than within the main game.
    NVM
    Post edited by sunandshadow on
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.

No way.  I would never play an MMO where you are limited to 1 profession, and it's also stupid to get them at character creation rather than within the main game.
    duh..who said limited to one...
    edited March 2018
    Kyleran said:
    iixviiiix said:
    Sounds like a Job.

How does your proposal differ from Runescape 3, because this seems quite similar.

Only recently started with R3 and still doing guided tasks (can't fault them on depth of tutorials) so perhaps I'm not seeing the differences?
    runescape 3 more on quest story..dev create more quest, more different story, handcraft quest everytime... my proposal was more on sandbox roleplaying, radiant quest... no story, player create their own story on their mind, hence roleplay

example traveling merchant, u can go to other town with caravan, u can go walking if u want thou, but its slower and u hard to run from bandit...u can buy horse but its expensive as beginner..
  • sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985

duh..who said limited to one...
    Oh... I misread the part about the cooldown.  :o sorry
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    Haven and Hearth does it really well.  Crafting is actually way more advanced than any other mechanic.   Is also one of the few games where crafting matters (affects all play), and feels like you're doing it yourself (rather than hiring someone).

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• HluillHluill Member UncommonPosts: 161
    My wife does stuff like this in EQ2 all the time.  The crafting system is fun enough that I even craft.  It is more than just a way to get good stuff.  The activity itself is comparable to combat.  It's a shame that newer MMOs neglect crafting as a way to spend time in game.  There seems to be a very vocal crowd that believes that crafting is just a chore while mob grinding and PvP are not.

TSW, LotRO, EQ2, SWTOR, GW2, V:SoH, Neverwinter, ArchAge, EQ, UO, DAoC, WAR, DDO, AoC, MO, BDO, SotA, B&S, ESO,