Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What exactly is considered griefing or trolling in this game?

13»

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    edited March 2018
    bcbully said:
    Sovrath said:
    Kyleran said:
    Sovrath said:

Honestly it sounds like they are pushing for a serious carebear agenda for the game community. I.E. "Feel free to fight wars against one an other, but please, do it POLITELY"

That's pretty sad that people are incapable of this.
    Well, it is "war" after all.

EVE players probably understand what I mean.

;)
    I remember a siege in Lineage 2 where it was "just a good time".

They attacked us, we beat them, no profanity, no anything other than it's a game and let's have some fun.

I remember a guild war where we won a particular battle. They indicated that they had enough and we ended up shootin' the shit with some of the "dead" enemies on the field. Was a good time. We even rezzed them.

Of course, one of our people then ran by and had to give a "what is this carebear shit".

I'm pretty sure it shows greater character to be a "good winner" than cussing and swearing and reverting to a 9 year old brat.

In any case, I"m used to the whole open world pvp nonsense that comes up because some players can't separate themselves from "a video game" (pathetic) but they aren't going to change (well, unless they grow up) and I'm not inclined to change them even if they could.
    Man I remember being in a Wushu battle with around 15 guilds and 3 or four alliance that ranged nearly the entire world. The battle was the culmination of a year long war. The guilds that were on the ropes stood to lose everything, everything. Multiple if not all guild keeps and respect.

There was nothing polite at all about any of it. The intent from the beginning was to win the war take all their land and cause their guilds to disband. That’s exactly what my side did. There was no “polite”. There was glory and sadness though.
    You understand then, sometimes gamers fight "wars" of extinction,  and they are neither polite or fair. 

Experienced this often in EVE and a meme I latched on to early on went like this: "sometimes ruining someone's day is as good a reason as any to shoot them."

I've had my day ruined quite a bit, far more than I ever dished out. 

I really should join a pirate corp and try to balance the scales some. 

;)
    bcbully

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Kyleran said:
    bcbully said:
    Sovrath said:
    Kyleran said:
    Sovrath said:

Honestly it sounds like they are pushing for a serious carebear agenda for the game community. I.E. "Feel free to fight wars against one an other, but please, do it POLITELY"

That's pretty sad that people are incapable of this.
    Well, it is "war" after all.

EVE players probably understand what I mean.

;)
    I remember a siege in Lineage 2 where it was "just a good time".

They attacked us, we beat them, no profanity, no anything other than it's a game and let's have some fun.

I remember a guild war where we won a particular battle. They indicated that they had enough and we ended up shootin' the shit with some of the "dead" enemies on the field. Was a good time. We even rezzed them.

Of course, one of our people then ran by and had to give a "what is this carebear shit".

I'm pretty sure it shows greater character to be a "good winner" than cussing and swearing and reverting to a 9 year old brat.

In any case, I"m used to the whole open world pvp nonsense that comes up because some players can't separate themselves from "a video game" (pathetic) but they aren't going to change (well, unless they grow up) and I'm not inclined to change them even if they could.
    Man I remember being in a Wushu battle with around 15 guilds and 3 or four alliance that ranged nearly the entire world. The battle was the culmination of a year long war. The guilds that were on the ropes stood to lose everything, everything. Multiple if not all guild keeps and respect.

There was nothing polite at all about any of it. The intent from the beginning was to win the war take all their land and cause their guilds to disband. That’s exactly what my side did. There was no “polite”. There was glory and sadness though.
    You understand then, sometimes gamers fight "wars" of extinction,  and they are neither polite or fair. 

Experienced this often in EVE and a meme I latched on to early on went like this: "sometimes ruining someone's day is as good a reason as any to shoot them."

I've had my day ruined quite a bit, far more than I ever dished out. 

I really should join a pirate corp and try to balance the scales some. 

;)
    So much truth in that quote. 
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,984
    Sounds like the gauntlet has been thrown.  This place is all about credibility.  So it's time to find out who's got it.

bcbully

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    Dueling nerf bats at 3 paces I think.
    Sovrath

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DleatherusDleatherus Member UncommonPosts: 168
    OrangeBoy said:
    Incorrect on all accounts Larry, it was on Discord, you need to stop being dishonest. It's a wonder you've gotten this far along in life without getting hit by a bus, you have a memory of a goldfish.

If you prove me wrong, I will legitimately send $5,000 dollars in donations to SBS via the Elyrian Broke-Boys Foundations (whatever it's called).  And this is not a joke, this is your chance to make my bank account a little lighter and get me to close my mouth. Your choice little man.
    to me it makes no difference - personally i've enjoyed a lot of out trolly back and forths

and you might well have had the convo on discord

similar convos/posts have occurred on the CoE forums:

talking about STEM:

claiming various colleges as your education:

and in the end who cares?

my only point in posting this is that convos of this nature took place in the forums (and in all likelihood on the discord as Orangeboy claims also)

folks seem to be making some sort of credibility issue out of this, so i am showing where AshyLarry would have seen the stuff on the forums as he claimed

now if we're done with this we can get back to discussing CoE instead of attacking each other
    mystichazeAshyLarry24Mendel
    Dang orange I was starting to like your style. Kinda looks like Dlea rose to the challenge and landed a nice punch in that flurry. 
    AllerleirauhAshyLarry24
  • OrangeBoyOrangeBoy Member UncommonPosts: 213
    edited March 2018
    bcbully said:
    Dang orange I was starting to like your style. Kinda looks like Dlea rose to the challenge and landed a nice punch in that flurry. 
    The part where Dleath would show the absurdity part of what I said ("Harvard Education is priceless"), if Larry can't figure out sarcasm from that piece and legitimately thinks I was being serious he must have mental deficiencies.

I did transfer this UCLA's extension at Woodland Hills this past summer (would be more than willing to give a screenshot in PMs or talk on FB live, or whatever). The Science-bowl part is also true on all accounts, just search up LAUSD's district and it's competing schools at the SB (would also be willing to show my team or whatever in PMs).

I was talking about the time when we were on discord and everyone was claiming to be a professor and etc and etc. I said I was a Stanford Law student with a 4.0, Grandmaster at chess, while working at wendy's. Everyone was having a good time, everyone was joking, except grumpy Larry.

If Larry can still show me where I said the Stanford/4.0 part on the forums, I will bump my offer to 10k in basic Elyrian Packages to the Elyrian Foundation, offer an apology, and never post on MMORPG again, no questions asked.
  • AshyLarry24AshyLarry24 Member UncommonPosts: 208
    OrangeBoy said:
    Incorrect on all accounts Larry, it was on Discord, you need to stop being dishonest. It's a wonder you've gotten this far along in life without getting hit by a bus, you have a memory of a goldfish.

If you prove me wrong, I will legitimately send $5,000 dollars in donations to SBS via the Elyrian Broke-Boys Foundations (whatever it's called).  And this is not a joke, this is your chance to make my bank account a little lighter and get me to close my mouth. Your choice little man.
    to me it makes no difference - personally i've enjoyed a lot of out trolly back and forths

and you might well have had the convo on discord

similar convos/posts have occurred on the CoE forums:

talking about STEM:

claiming various colleges as your education:

and in the end who cares?

my only point in posting this is that convos of this nature took place in the forums (and in all likelihood on the discord as Orangeboy claims also)

folks seem to be making some sort of credibility issue out of this, so i am showing where AshyLarry would have seen the stuff on the forums as he claimed

now if we're done with this we can get back to discussing CoE instead of attacking each other
    Thanks, and agreed.
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    In this day and age of the MMORPG most people know what griefing is and there are many people in this thread pretending to not know and intentionally being obtuse about it.
    mystichazeAshyLarry24
    OrangeBoy said:
    bcbully said:
    The part where Dleath would show the absurdity part of what I said ("Harvard Education is priceless"), if Larry can't figure out sarcasm from that piece and legitimately thinks I was being serious he must have mental deficiencies.

I did transfer this UCLA's extension at Woodland Hills this past summer (would be more than willing to give a screenshot in PMs or talk on FB live, or whatever). The Science-bowl part is also true on all accounts, just search up LAUSD's district and it's competing schools at the SB (would also be willing to show my team or whatever in PMs).

I was talking about the time when we were on discord and everyone was claiming to be a professor and etc and etc. I said I was a Stanford Law student with a 4.0, Grandmaster at chess, while working at wendy's. Everyone was having a good time, everyone was joking, except grumpy Larry.

If Larry can still show me where I said the Stanford/4.0 part on the forums, I will bump my offer to 10k in basic Elyrian Packages to the Elyrian Foundation, offer an apology, and never post on MMORPG again, no questions asked.
    Dleath already proved my point.  The "stanford 4.0" was just a place holder for the examples of conversations that DLeath provided. I didn't remember the actual conversation but I remember you doing this multiple times, and claiming higher education to bolster your position or point.  In fact that one where you brag about your "Science Bowl Leadership" (LOL) that is directed at me, because I said you shouldn't be a moderator, and that triggered the shit out of you.

If you want to be taken as an educated person than you should act like an educated person, and not just throw out credentials. 

But anyways I feel my credibility has been validated enough from Dleath's post, and don't need to dive into this topic any further.  Time to put you on the ignore list for the 3rd time :smile: And talk about what I'm here for, CoE!

OrangeBoy said:
    bcbully said:

Dleath already proved my point.  The "stanford 4.0" was just a place holder for the examples of conversations that DLeath provided. I didn't remember the actual conversation but I remember you doing this multiple times, and claiming higher education to bolster your position or point.  In fact that one where you brag about your "Science Bowl Leadership" (LOL) that is directed at me, because I said you shouldn't be a moderator, and that triggered the shit out of you.

If you want to be taken as an educated person than you should act like an educated person, and not just throw out credentials. 

But anyways I feel my credibility has been validated enough from Dleath's post, and don't need to dive into this topic any further.  Time to put you on the ignore list for the 3rd time :smile: And talk about what I'm here for, CoE!

Yeah you gained a bit of credibility. If you and Orange were standing next to each other in CoE, I’d kill you first though. You have a pretty snotty vibe, the whole get out in front, discredit, then block thing rubs me the wrong way. If Orange said something funny after that (he most likely would) I’d probably lol with him then go on about my day.
    KyleranAshyLarry24EponyxDamor
    bcbully said:
    OrangeBoy said:
    bcbully said:

Yeah you gained a bit of credibility. If you and Orange were standing next to each other in CoE, I’d kill you first though. You have a pretty snotty vibe, the whole get out in front, discredit, then block thing rubs me the wrong way. If Orange said something funny after that (he most likely would) I’d probably lol with him then go on about my day.
    I don't really care dude.  I've dealt with this guy for 2 years, I don't need any further reminder of why I have him blocked.  He's a liar, and a fraud. If anything I should be blamed for is not blocking him sooner, since I knew it would end up happening anyways.

If blocking trolls makes me a "snob" then I guess I'm a snob.  

Anyways I'm moving on from this topic, I suggest you do the same.
    OrangeBoy
  • OrangeBoyOrangeBoy Member UncommonPosts: 213
    bcbully said:
    OrangeBoy said:
    bcbully said:

I don't really care dude.  I've dealt with this guy for 2 years, I don't need any further reminder of why I have him blocked.  He's a liar, and a fraud. If anything I should be blamed for is not blocking him sooner, since I knew it would end up happening anyways.

If blocking trolls makes me a "snob" then I guess I'm a snob.  

Anyways I'm moving on from this topic, I suggest you do the same.
    I agree with your post