Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift - Prepare for Prime - MMORPG.com

Comments

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

Never made it past 20 in this game...Too much of a WoW clone for my tastes....No interest in Prime whatsoever.

It always struck me as a WOW clone with worse art direction. I'd really like to know what people loved about it in it's first year or so.
    Can't forget WoW is a clone from other games. What Rift did even WoW took ideas from other games add it in their own. Nothing wrong with that as people out there don't like game that are way to far off from what they are use too.
    Allerleirauh
  • MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712

Scorchien said:

BruceYee said:

Just play on the main server for FREE with MORE content, options AND players. Think of how much stuff you can buy in the cash shop at $15 a month x 1 year+ seeing as that's where you're gonna end up anyway.

Rift Prime is just leveling capped at 50 with minimal cash shop that REQUIRES you to pay $15mo. If you want to play vanilla Rift on the main server it's still there. Just ignore the cash shop cause the leveling experience is still the same.

Except , all the lower tiers are basically .................empty ... .........This Prime server offers a great oppurtunity for new and returning players to experience Rift from the ground lvl with everyone else .. Its a really fun time working thru all that content ..............If there are enough players to do it with ... Which that wont be a problem ..

That is true maybe few week later the lower tiers maybe empty. Much more empty then on live we will see if does happen. I'm still not sure how Trion going find a way to get fresh blood to do the content people did to keep the servers a live.

Can I borrow your crystal ball?
    Allerleirauh

edited March 2018
    Moodsor said:

Scorchien said:

BruceYee said:

Just play on the main server for FREE with MORE content, options AND players. Think of how much stuff you can buy in the cash shop at $15 a month x 1 year+ seeing as that's where you're gonna end up anyway.

Rift Prime is just leveling capped at 50 with minimal cash shop that REQUIRES you to pay $15mo. If you want to play vanilla Rift on the main server it's still there. Just ignore the cash shop cause the leveling experience is still the same.

Except , all the lower tiers are basically .................empty ... .........This Prime server offers a great oppurtunity for new and returning players to experience Rift from the ground lvl with everyone else .. Its a really fun time working thru all that content ..............If there are enough players to do it with ... Which that wont be a problem ..

That is true maybe few week later the lower tiers maybe empty. Much more empty then on live we will see if does happen. I'm still not sure how Trion going find a way to get fresh blood to do the content people did to keep the servers a live.

Can I borrow your crystal ball?
    Is no crystal ball is a maybe. If Trion don't find a way to get fresh blood in to the game after the first rush then lower tiers be much more dead then live sub is a type of a gate. If people willing to spend more on a older game with old content vs new content that other mmo offer is a hard sell. Who knows I can be wrong but they didn't do so hot with the idea going b2p it started to gate the player base.
  • fs23otmfs23otm Member RarePosts: 506
    The lack of knowledge about Progression servers is pretty startling. There is always a large base for most established games( EQ, WOW, Rift, Lineage) that kills for a fresh start progression server...

It is so much revenue that even Blizzard has seen the errors of their ways...
    EQ is basically supported by its progression servers...

Rift will definitely draw people from Live who want that classic feel, the rush of a new server, the number of people to group and play with...

The only issue is can it work long term, and even Trion doesn't have that answer. They have stated numerous times that this server could die or become permanent.... it depends on the player core.

Prime will draw in old and new alike...
  • marganculosmarganculos Member UncommonPosts: 334
    i would play it again... for a REAL if they would not KILL it with server merge after year or so back to P2W shit servers....
    Scorchien
  • YoofaloofYoofaloof Member UncommonPosts: 217
    Been subscribed from the start, for my sins, so will be there. Bring it on!
    edited March 2018
    i would play it again... for a REAL if they would not KILL it with server merge after year or so back to P2W shit servers....
    That be more up to the player base for them not the kill off the server. If people really want a real sub server people need to bring in the support. I don't think there is good amount people out there care if Rift went sub or not. To many people are invested in to other games, and not to many good reason to move to Rift Prime. Is like this point they are people really want Arena but the support is not there after even a test with ranks battleground people don't care less about it, but still yell and kick about it. I think Sub is the same way, let see what happens if I am wrong here.
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    Is this still going to be a temp server? Because that is the dumbest f'ing idea ever.
    marganculosAlomar
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
    edited March 2018
    Viper482 said:
    Is this still going to be a temp server? Because that is the dumbest f'ing idea ever.
    Is going be like a temp season sub server. If Trion finds good amount people still playing that really want to to stay open as a full time sub server then Trion will leave it open with out closing it. Only catch still a have cash shop, and they did say there won't be any lock box and p2w items. Thats is a if Trion don't go all greedy again.
  • AthisarAthisar Member UncommonPosts: 666
    I know Trion will screw this up because they're Trion but hopefully I'll have fun in the meantime. I miss Rift, after Storm Legion it was pointless playing.
  • TarindilTarindil Member UncommonPosts: 31
    No idea how 'big' the prime server is, but they are complaining on 'live' rift, prime server says it is full.....
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    I don't get it, how can I heal as a warrior? It says purchase, at what level can I purchase it and with what?

• TarindilTarindil Member UncommonPosts: 31
    Some things are not available on Prime right off the bat. If I remember correctly, healing as a warrior was one of those. There are some other stories on prime on here, read those :)
    [Deleted User]
  • kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
    Rift died with that shitty storm legion xpac imo.
  • daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Another game, top at release, later watered down. Original was one of most smooth bug free releases, all inclusive (including various builds, wardrobe sets, ...). Fun and original. Free fall after every expansion and I'm pretty sad for this. But hey, we have different tastes, somebody might like what I hate, it is all down to please majority of players and convince them to sub, at the end game must make money to thrive.
  • nastilonnastilon Member UncommonPosts: 150
    I logged into my Trion Account page, upon which it told me that I am eligible for the "Return to Rift" package for free, which includes 1 month of Patron access. All I need to do is log in to Rift and it will become active automatically.

It is now 1.5 hrs later, no Patron benefits have become active (have not received anything to open either), and I am wondering if they disabled this in order to have me buy a subscription... I am hoping that this is not the case and it is some other issue.
    McGamer
  • nastilonnastilon Member UncommonPosts: 150
    Well it doesn't matter now, I just found out there is no EU prime server.
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    edited March 2018
    Keldor837 said:

Never made it past 20 in this game...Too much of a WoW clone for my tastes....No interest in Prime whatsoever.

It always struck me as a WOW clone with worse art direction. I'd really like to know what people loved about it in it's first year or so.

Class system is by far one of the best. Playing as a Necromancer, summoning undead and such while questing. Then switching to a chloromancer and healing by DPSing (the only caster hybrid dps/heal i've played that worked and was fun). And the fact that you can also play a light-armor tank that literally blinks around. There's just so many unique classes that have little to no comparison to other games. The graphics were also amazing when it was first released...but hasn't aged well. And the Rift invasions were INSANE when zones were active. You could be a noob in the first zone and all hell was breaking loose as a death invasion is kicking the crap out of players and NPC's alike. And participate in an invasion world boss only a few hours into the game...nothing sparked my excitement that much so soon when starting an MMO.

At least that's how i felt when first playing the game. Later on was bored due to a lack of end-game content and left the game for other pastures and never went back. So I'm looking forward to a progression server of sorts to experience content in a progressive way that i missed years ago.
    Well said, the game has some amazing features. Too bad the new prime server is not a pvp shard.
    McGamer
  • MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    I did not play Rift at launch, but I did after the fact.  Are the Prime servers active at low levels?  Are people racing to level cap? 
    topepicgames

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

edited March 2018
    MMOman101 said:
    I did not play Rift at launch, but I did after the fact.  Are the Prime servers active at low levels?  Are people racing to level cap? 
    Is slow leveling much slower then live. It would be a bit before people hit the level cap. If they do would have nothing to do much until the rest of the player base catch up. So pretty much in luck for people to play as low level with other people.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Keldor837 said:

Class system is by far one of the best. Playing as a Necromancer, summoning undead and such while questing. Then switching to a chloromancer and healing by DPSing (the only caster hybrid dps/heal i've played that worked and was fun). And the fact that you can also play a light-armor tank that literally blinks around. There's just so many unique classes that have little to no comparison to other games. The graphics were also amazing when it was first released...but hasn't aged well. And the Rift invasions were INSANE when zones were active. You could be a noob in the first zone and all hell was breaking loose as a death invasion is kicking the crap out of players and NPC's alike. And participate in an invasion world boss only a few hours into the game...nothing sparked my excitement that much so soon when starting an MMO.

At least that's how i felt when first playing the game. Later on was bored due to a lack of end-game content and left the game for other pastures and never went back. So I'm looking forward to a progression server of sorts to experience content in a progressive way that i missed years ago.
    I think the comparison to WoW was made because of the colour palette the classes weren't like WoW at all and the Rifts were completely new things. I enjoyed them immensely and the game was actually quite good with challenging trinity based dungeons that with your tri class abilities were a joy to run. 

People who haven't actually played the game beyond the initial part are likely to compare it to WoW but I think it was not a clone at all.

I still remember starting this game in beta and then launch and being completely crazy creating toon after toon because of the varied combinations and being spoilt for choice and running to do invasions and following the whole invasion till it ends. Pity that as the population dropped the invasions got less likely to be completed and the final bosses making less of an appearance since the previous stage was not cleared successfully. The game really suffered when the optimal population size was not achieved and it became very noticeable that the population was declining. I did enjoy it immensely the few months I played.
    Chamber of Chains
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    MMOman101 said:
    There are people everywhere. Very very packed at low levels. 
    Thats when Rift really shines , particualrly during large scale invasions... Great Fun ...
  • KiwiHypeKiwiHype Member UncommonPosts: 233

nastilon said:

I logged into my Trion Account page, upon which it told me that I am eligible for the "Return to Rift" package for free, which includes 1 month of Patron access. All I need to do is log in to Rift and it will become active automatically.

It is now 1.5 hrs later, no Patron benefits have become active (have not received anything to open either), and I am wondering if they disabled this in order to have me buy a subscription... I am hoping that this is not the case and it is some other issue.

Did you log into Rift on live?

nastilon said:

Well it doesn't matter now, I just found out there is no EU prime server.

Correct, if servers merge at the end you may go to EU. They could not make a EU server with the uncertainty of the number of EU players.
  • KiwiHypeKiwiHype Member UncommonPosts: 233

MMOman101 said:

Yes low levels are active, do understand there is auto mentoring in all zones and planarite is a must have currency so you will see people closing Rift everywhere as well as questing. The weekend will see more arriving also at the same time people are pushing to level which is exciting.