Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

State Of Decay 2: 25 minutes of gameplay!

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
edited March 2018 in General Gaming
Microsoft has confirmed that State of Decay 2, the zombie-survival RPG from Undead Labs, will release on May 22 for the Xbox One family of consoles as well as Windows PC as a Play Anywhere title. It will also be available that day on Xbox Game Pass. Furthermore, Microsoft also confirmed a price point of $29.99 for the standard edition and $49.99 for the Ultimate Edition.

Post edited by Mikeha on

Comments

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    I've been waiting for this one! But why $29 for the standard edition? Seems low for a new release. Is it going to be half of a game?
    --------------------------------------------
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Who's selling it for 29?

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I've been waiting for this one! But why $29 for the standard edition? Seems low for a new release. Is it going to be half of a game?

It just looks like thats the price its going to be. The Ultimate Edition is just adding the original game and the 2 dlcs which I already own.  

Its on Game Pass Day 1 so thats how I will be playing it. ;)
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited March 2018
    Thanks, I look forward to buying it in 2 - 3 years when I assemble a Win 10/11/whatever system.  Or when Microsoft decides to make more money and releases it for earlier OSes.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Mikeha said:

It just looks like thats the price its going to be. The Ultimate Edition is just adding the original game and the 2 dlcs which I already own.  

Its on Game Pass Day 1 so thats how I will be playing it. ;)
    Same and Sea of Thieves. . I don't even own an Xbox One.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Do you have to have an xbox live sub to play the co-op part on pc? Their site says you have to have one to play it on the xbox but doesn't say anything about the pc.
    Asheram said:
    Do you have to have an xbox live sub to play the co-op part on pc? Their site says you have to have one to play it on the xbox but doesn't say anything about the pc.

No cost for Xbox Live on PC. 
    Asheram
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    Half tempted. 

I have the first one and it was quite promising but the game just ran like dogshit on my machine. Low FPS and absolutely tons of graphical glitches regardless of what settings I chose. I blame the engine as all games using that engine seemed to run like crap on my machine, but it looks like they've switched from CryEngine to Unreal for the sequel. 

What I'd like to see from the new game:
    • Better vehicle handling - vehicles in the first one were pretty terrible, felt like driving games from the 90s
    • More base customisations - this was my primary reason for wanting to play. I really wanted to select and build a base and make it my own, but the options in the first one were quite limited. It was still fun, but after your first two or three bases I really lost interest because there was nothing more to look forwards to. 
    • Deeper combat - I'm a fan of lots of skills. I'd like to see more interesting ways to kill zombies!
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,014
    Does anyone know if there is cross platform play? xbox 1 with PC?
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    New video showing actual gameplay. 
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited March 2018
    I understand it was their first time in the new game but those players were damaging each other almost as much as they were zeds.  Throwing molotovs, running into molotovs,  running into fireworks, running people over with cars, leaving each other and the non-player npcs behind when they finally did decide to get in cars.

The game play wasn't that different from the first game.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Is this going to be released on Steam? It would irritate me to have the first game on Steam and then the sequel on something else. 
    --------------------------------------------