Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Upright Orcs, Dark Iron totems, Mag'har Totems, Zandalari Totems

DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503

Dark Iron Shaman Totems:

Mag'Har and Zandalari Shaman totems:

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited March 2018
    The models are old and dated and Blizzard has not shown me an intent to improve the art work or quality ,so all they need is a workable decent looking animation.

I touched on lighting a few times,their light fixtures do NOT emanate light,at least none that i have seen,they simply draw a texture instead of a light which is LAZY both design and for mapping.

Their team needs to step it up and quit doing lazy work,makes their game look amateur.Oh yes did i mention doors,put some dam doors in the game,this is not the Flintstones,if you are going to have choppers zipping around you most certainly should have doors.Working acorn lift seems very much like yet another SOE copycat idea.

So bottom line is models and light sources are done poorly,hardly worth talking about.Even the detail in the characters and gear is very bleak,i just feel they can do a much better job and still EASILY maintain a doable polycount for the maps.What i am saying is that there is no excuse for such low quality,i would expect better.
    Should i give them a break,it is a very old game,nah FFXI was made for the PS2 and armor/gear often looks way better,not always but often.

When i waltz through Wow it truly does feel like a f2p game.Not even sure i can size matters,Runes of Magic is identical game and is quite large and is f2p as well many others i have played are decent in size.Besides quality over quantity anyhow..right?
    FrodoFragins

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    Wizardry said:
    The models are old and dated and Blizzard has not shown me an intent to improve the art work or quality ,so all they need is a workable decent looking animation.

I touched on lighting a few times,their light fixtures do NOT emanate light,at least none that i have seen,they simply draw a texture instead of a light which is LAZY both design and for mapping.

Their team needs to step it up and quit doing lazy work,makes their game look amateur.Oh yes did i mention doors,put some dam doors in the game,this is not the Flintstones,if you are going to have choppers zipping around you most certainly should have doors.Working acorn lift seems very much like yet another SOE copycat idea.

So bottom line is models and light sources are done poorly,hardly worth talking about.Even the detail in the characters and gear is very bleak,i just feel they can do a much better job and still EASILY maintain a doable polycount for the maps.What i am saying is that there is no excuse for such low quality,i would expect better.
    Should i give them a break,it is a very old game,nah FFXI was made for the PS2 and armor/gear often looks way better,not always but often.

When i waltz through Wow it truly does feel like a f2p game.Not even sure i can size matters,Runes of Magic is identical game and is quite large and is f2p as well many others i have played are decent in size.Besides quality over quantity anyhow..right?
    You need to get over yourself when it comes to Blizzard.  You are very much in the minority on your opinions and pretty/realistic graphics mean nothing when the game and community are boring like BDO.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    Wizardry said:

Seriously your problem is not the model but art style. The animations are extremely well done. Something I have always noticed is that their animations including combat animations are top notch but many people including you cannot differentiate between art style and graphics. 

The orc model is so well done but because you cannot get past the art style you assume that the models are dated. 
    Chamber of Chains
  • alivenaliven Member UncommonPosts: 346
    Wizardry said:

Meanwhile, in FFXI...