Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Epic Announces Victory Royale That Pits Five Teams of Twenty Against One Another - Fortnite - MMORPG

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageEpic Announces Victory Royale That Pits Five Teams of Twenty Against One Another - Fortnite - MMORPG.com

Fortnite News - Epic Games has announced that the next limited time event called Victory Royale. The new Battle Royale game mode pits five teams of twenty hitting the Battle Bus map at the same time. It's a nice expansion to the more "traditional" 4-player Squad mechanic and, at the same time, slightly smaller than the 50v50 event that players took part in late last year. Victory Royale is expected to launch on Thursday, March 8th

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    Game is extremely fun! However, they need to fix their shit launcher/Update/Prerequisites installer if they want new players to commit and invest their time in their product. Very poor customer support.

If you are still waiting for a refund, if you paid with a credit card you can call your credit card company and dispute the charges easily. For those who paid with a debit card good luck trying to get your money back.
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited March 2018
    So easy to introduce new game modes to this game and yet they couldn't bother doing the same to save Paragon.

$%^& them.
    FrodoFragins

• esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    I can't believe this game is so popular. My son loves it, but I play and I get no rewards, can't even choose my character, and it seems lag is worse in this game than other games. Not to mention that I spent a lot of money for myself and my kids on the Save The World version, and NOTHING caries over. They will get no more money from me. Ever. I hope Paladins comes out with an over all better F2P game and Fortnite crashes and burns.
    BruceYeeAlomar
  • HikaruShidouHikaruShidou Member UncommonPosts: 163
    It would be nice if on these extra modes, 50v50, 20v20v20v20v20, etc... they started teams in preset locations instead of dropping everyone spread out across the map.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    I cant get into this game very much, you see a guy and start shooting and the first thing he does is slap a ramp down, then wall and then repeats. The winner is the fastest builder.
    AlbatroesblastermasterAlomar
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited March 2018

Talonsin said:

I cant get into this game very much, you see a guy and start shooting and the first thing he does is slap a ramp down, then wall and then repeats. The winner is the fastest builder.

My thoughts exactly, Bob the Builder with guns. Its not horrible with the pve mode though
    blastermaster
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Never played a moba during that craze, now I must stay strong once again. MMOs are life mmos are love.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

Talonsin said:

I think you just have to look at it differently. Originally I thought it was stupid as well, but once I looked at it as a form of defense kind of like blocking, it became a lot more fun. I love the fact that you can throw down a couple ramps 8 walls and then run up and have cover within 2 seconds, but at the same time the other player could destroy the bottom part and you fall down. It's just reactionary.
  • Riotact007Riotact007 Member UncommonPosts: 246

I can't believe this game is so popular. My son loves it, but I play and I get no rewards, can't even choose my character, and it seems lag is worse in this game than other games. Not to mention that I spent a lot of money for myself and my kids on the Save The World version, and NOTHING caries over. They will get no more money from me. Ever. I hope Paladins comes out with an over all better F2P game and Fortnite crashes and burns.

You earn a fair few V-bucks playing save the world that you can spend in battle royale...
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097

You earn a fair few V-bucks playing save the world that you can spend in battle royale...
    I've already spent a fair bunch of R-Bucks (Real), so I'm sure I am one of the initial investors.
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    How is 5 X 20 "slightly smaller" than 2 X 50?
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,992
    edited March 2018

It is saying something that this is not just some of the biggest news in MMO like games but in gaming in general right now. Gawd help us.

esc-joconnor