Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com - Thank you!

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    edited March 2018
    Verenath said:
    It would be nice if the MMORPG.com Facebook page would stop pushing non-mmo/mmorpg Gamespace articles.
    Well yeah,  but think of all of the blank web pages......

MMORPG news is hard to come by, don't ya know...

;)
    Verenath

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    I'm just grateful I never got kicked off this site permanently :)
    SBFordSovrathScot
  • KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430
    I'd like to add a thank you as well to everyone that makes this site run.  I don't remember when I started browsing this site for upcoming games, but it had to be years ago.  I didn't register until years later (probably for a contest).  I check the site most days, several times a day for MMO news (always hoping the next greatest MMO that checks all the boxes might come along).  I don't always agree with your viewpoints, but I appreciate what you do!
    SBFord
    You are just lucky they don't give demerits for poor spelling. 

;)
    Scorchiendelete5230

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• BeezerbeezBeezerbeez Member UncommonPosts: 302
    I don't post very often, but read the news and a bit of the forums nearly every single day. It must be what, 14, 15 years now? I can't even remember at this point...  B)

Much popcorn has been consumed. 
    SBFord
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,517
    I am still waiting for them to un-ban my wifes account, apparently the idea that there can be more then one gamer in a household is lost on them.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Ungood said:
    I am still waiting for them to un-ban my wifes account, apparently the idea that there can be more then one gamer in a household is lost on them.
    You could/should petition MikeB.
    SBFordUngoodKyleran
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,517
    Sovrath said:
    Ungood said:
    I was just showing this to my wife, and she informed that she got things taken care of.

Still annoying tho.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I have enjoyed this site for over 13 years. It's run by good people who work hard at it. It's nice to have a thank you thread.
    SBFord

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

Ungood said:
    Sovrath said:
    Ungood said:
    I was just showing this to my wife, and she informed that she got things taken care of.

Still annoying tho.
    Maybe don't log in on her account, your "style" is too obvious....

;)

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    edited March 2018
    Ungood said:
    Nah mate, the idea of you having a wife is too bizzare for them to believe! ;)

Joking <3
    AmatheKyleranUngood
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited March 2018
    I also enjoy this site and although I sometimes go to others,  I always keep coming back here for gaming information and opinions which have been very helpful over the years.  So this continues to be my main go-to gamer site.  Thanks everyone.  :smile:

PS
    Great thread OP.
    SBFord

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited March 2018
    I originally had an account a long time ago prior to WoW releasing, but have since lost the information and abandoned the email associated.  It wasn't until I became MadFrenchie that I started visiting the site like it was my second job.

Bill, Suzie, and the gang give me the news I'm interested in, and they take the time to interact with us regularly, too.  Can't ask for much more than that!

Beyond that, some of the characters here keep me interested in the forum chatter.  I may not always agree with them, but there are a lot of folks here I enjoy bantering and arguing with about our little hobby.  Kudos to those folks for helping make this place what it is, too.
    AmatheSBFord

Alright, since you all turned into a bunch of tree-hugging hippies, I might as well reciprocate and say my piece;

Yeah you guys are alright. Thanks for remaining old school. I know financially that slows you down, but it's nice to find a place with a soul these days. I love it how staff communicate with members as a person, and not as a PR & Marketing instructed employee. 

I also appreciate the presence of many of the regulars and of course the irregulars of these forums, Overall, this is a neighborhood I'd like to live in. Cheers everyone. 

PS. I've had half a dozen shots of scotch, hence the mushiness! 
    maskedweaselSBFord

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    edited March 2018

F..'s sake, my bottle is empty :(
    Head over to his house, I'll catch up later.

;)
    ConstantineMerus

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Thanks to those that work on this site!  I've enjoyed this site for many years.  If only we could convince game devs to start creating MMORPG's again.  
    SBFord
    Mardukk said:
    Thanks to those that work on this site!  I've enjoyed this site for many years.  If only we could convince game devs to start creating MMORPG's again.  
    We can, quit playing games in all those stupid other genres and start spending some cash on MMORPGs.

;)

• Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574
    Kyleran said:
    Mardukk said:
    We can, quit playing games in all those stupid other genres and start spending some cash on MMORPGs.

;)
    I believe most people have come to realize MMOs are just a time sink and you don't even get to keep your character/game if it goes under.  This whole age of streaming content is going to get old.  People will want something tangible for their money.  Why buy items in game if you can't access them when the game shuts down?  That and the game mechanics in MMOs have become the most simple and repetitive of all genres.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    edited March 2018
    Flyte27 said:
    Kyleran said:
    Mardukk said:

;)
    I believe most people have come to realize MMOs are just a time sink and you don't even get to keep your character/game if it goes under.  This whole age of streaming content is going to get old.  People will want something tangible for their money.  Why buy items in game if you can't access them when the game shuts down?  That and the game mechanics in MMOs have become the most simple and repetitive of all genres.
    Not at all.

If you evaluate people solely on how you think you will never understand anything.

People will always pay for things they "want" or want to access.

They also pay for entertainment. If I go to a concert or play or "whatever" I'm paying for the experience. And people do this for a whole bunch of things I would never pay for. But they do it.

Same with people buying in game stuff. It's paying for things to enhance their experience.

Also, I'm not sure where you are getting the idea that "streaming content is getting old" as more and more content IS streaming.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Flyte27 said:
    Kyleran said:
    Mardukk said:

;)
    You know, very few MMORPGS that I've played have shut down and I don't expect them to last forever.

But if people dont spend money on what's available or in the pipeline devs aren't  likely to build anything but more BR games for the next few years. 

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Kyleran said:
    Flyte27 said:
    Kyleran said:
    Mardukk said:

;)
    You know, very few MMORPGS that I've played have shut down and I don't expect them to last forever.

But if people dont spend money on what's available or in the pipeline devs aren't  likely to build anything but more BR games for the next few years. 
    The pipeline needs to slow.  These games retain core bases much longer than the average singleplayer or franchise multiplayer games.

Expecting release tempos similar to those other genres is the reason most MMORPGs can't even charge a fee for entry anymore.
    Kyleran

Kyleran said:

F..'s sake, my bottle is empty :(
    Head over to his house, I'll catch up later.

;)
    You're all welcome! *hic 

• Electro057Electro057 Member UncommonPosts: 683
    43 visits since March 2009...... It feels like more.

--Custom Rig: Pyraxis---
    NZXT Phantom 410 Case
    Intel Core i5-4690 Processor - Quad Core, 6MB Smart Cache, 3.5GHz
    Asus Sabertooth Z87 Motherboard
    Asus GeForce GTX 760 Video Card - 2GB GDDR5, PCI-Express 3.0
    Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 16GB

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,824
    edited March 2018
    Flyte27 said:
    Kyleran said:
    Mardukk said:

;)

Heresy! Take him to the stake and burn him! :D

There is something in what you say Flyte, but has tangible goods not been tried? Disney did something where you buy a figure and that allows you to play it in game?

That might work for many players, you get your plastic figurine or if we are talking old school a lead miniature and then you can play that class in a MMO.

But goods have been going from real to digital for years now, you would be bucking a huge trend, not sure how much people do want something tangible.

MMOs do suffer from a repetition problem, but some hide that better than others. If you have a game that is meant to last longer than a typical solo game then that's going to be an issue. Possibly the next genre which suffers the most from this is co-op which is the closest to MMOs.
  • kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    edited March 2018
    Kyleran said:
    lahnmir said:
    I have visited this site 6981 times in 8 and a half years? WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME??!!

Thank you I guess  o:)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    8375 visits in 11.5 years....

NOOB.

;)
    5402 visits in a year and a half. 
    When I was young, I visited sites 800 times a day... On one dial up connection shared by a whole town ..... In the middle of winter with snow three stories high .. And that was after a hard 23h shift working in the mines.

Anyways, thanks for keeping mmorpg.com alive