Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Secret Lab Throne 2018 Gaming Chair - Subtle Superiority - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageSecret Lab Throne 2018 Gaming Chair - Subtle Superiority - MMORPG.com

Often, the best way to truly appreciate something is to return to its beginning. The Throne is the original chair that Secret Lab launched in 2015. The company has been staying astride of the needs and wants of gamers ever since with an exceptional, evolutionary line of gaming chairs. Today, we are fortunate to be able to explore this evolution with the Throne 2018 edition.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125

Does the dog come included? I'm not really ready for that kind of commitment from a gaming chair.

That was just to show you how it's so comfortable even you dog will want to steal your chair when you get up like dogs do.
    KiwiHype
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• KiwiHypeKiwiHype Member UncommonPosts: 233
    Lol you guys are awesome, no my baby is mine. Sorry!
  • UzialUzial Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Recommended Height is only 4'9" - 5’3” when the average male is 5'11", This is a very petite chair using a standard generic base with a better than average upper cushioned seat for Very Small people. A Bit Shocking for 399.00 us
    [Deleted User]koldmiserKyleranTacticalZombehinfomatz
  • koldmiserkoldmiser Member RarePosts: 348
    Max weight less than 220lbs? Um...have they ever met a gamer?
    [Deleted User]LasterbaKyleranSamhael
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    edited March 2018
    Holy Moly! That cost is ridiculous for a chair. My neighbor just bought the chair below for under $100 and it looks and feels great.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XK44Q31

$300+ dollars and the armrests are on a single post? LOL. You will want a chair where the armrests bolt on to both the bottom and back of the chair for support or in a month they will be loose and wiggle.
    Solar_Prophet
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• kaz350kaz350 Member UncommonPosts: 130
    the chair is pretty great but the armrest are pretty awful.
  • DataDayDataDay Member UncommonPosts: 1,538

koldmiser said:

Max weight less than 220lbs? Um...have they ever met a gamer?

Secret Labs, if I am remembering correctly, is based in Singapore. East and South East Asians (both male and female) generally tend to be a lot lighter. If they followed through with the pattern we see with brands such as Vertagear (California based) and Noble Chairs (German), some models will be for larger er heftier physics.

kaz350 said:

the chair is pretty great but the armrest are pretty awful.

I wasn't sure about the armrests at first but they feel really nice especially if you don't like to wear long sleeves a lot.

It's also pretty awesome they've applied the same quality throughout their line to a smaller chair, I think this will really appeal to many gamers and streamers who enjoy quality especially when it feels as good as it looks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• nameusernameuser Member UncommonPosts: 43
    Want one so bad but that price is way too much for me.
  • BenjiGarrettBenjiGarrett Member CommonPosts: 39
    Ahah! Good chair for a good boy)
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Secret Lab - Throne Chair
    Are we in an Austin Powers movie?
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

Talonsin said:

Holy Moly! That cost is ridiculous for a chair. My neighbor just bought the chair below for under $100 and it looks and feels great.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XK44Q31

$300+ dollars and the armrests are on a single post? LOL. You will want a chair where the armrests bolt on to both the bottom and back of the chair for support or in a month they will be loose and wiggle.

And the chair you linked also supports more weight...

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,495

Uzial said:

Recommended Height is only 4'9" - 5’3” when the average male is 5'11", This is a very petite chair using a standard generic base with a better than average upper cushioned seat for Very Small people. A Bit Shocking for 399.00 us

When did average male height become 5'11"? My googling shows it's up to 5'10" now for the US. Still that 220 pound max isn't great...
    The Con was hilarious though!
  • SandmanjwSandmanjw Member RarePosts: 526
    People keep trying to build a gaming chair that is like a recliner that is comfortable to sit in.

See the future...just get a recliner and build a lap desk for your keyboard/mouse and any other peripherals you use a lot.

Did that a couple years ago and will never go back to any type of "computer/desk" chair.

And you will not spend 3-400 bucks either most likely.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Every time I see this thread title I keep envisioning a "throne" that belongs in a bathroom.

;)
    [Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited March 2018

Kyleran said:

Every time I see this thread title I keep envisioning a "throne" that belongs in a bathroom.

;)

Lol it feels odd actually owning a Throne, look out Game of Thrones! I'll be watching it in 2019 sitting on this amazing chair. Still so comfortable and great to use!