Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Minimum system requirements?

rubydragon5rubydragon5 Member UncommonPosts: 693
Hi, I will be blunt, my current computer stinks.

Does anyone know the minimum system requirements to run Camelot Unchained?  so I can see if I would be able to play it on my potato :D

Comments

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    If you are concerned I would suggest the best course of action is to wait. Being unfinished how it performs today may not be a good guide to how it performs in the future.

Even when released the minimum and suggested specs suggested don't always give the whole story - sometimes you can get away with less, sometimes you need more. That will - probably - only unfold around launch time. What you want to do as well e.g. take part in big battles etc. will be a factor as well.

YashaX
  • ianicusianicus Member UncommonPosts: 665
    What Gervaise1 said, there wont be an accurate idea of requirements until all development optimization has been completed.
    "Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said…’I’m too drunk to taste this chicken." - Ricky Bobby
  • rubydragon5rubydragon5 Member UncommonPosts: 693
    do you think a older laptop would be able to run it?  4gigs RAM, 256mb video card m 2,3ghz quad core?
    Phry

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    do you think a older laptop would be able to run it?  4gigs RAM, 256mb video card m 2,3ghz quad core?
    Perhaps, likely not well during large fights. 

While they are coding to specs of an average gaming PC your laptop isn't one really.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Kyleran said:
    Perhaps, likely not well during large fights. 

While they are coding to specs of an average gaming PC your laptop isn't one really.

i don't think that setup would even run WoW all that well, more modern games i would think are pretty much out of the question entirely. :p
    Kyleran
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,707
    My guess is going to be no. 

This game is going to be heavy on CPU usage due to the large amount of players and the voxel tech. 2.3ghz quad, assuming you're intel, probably won't be enough, you'll want to be in the 3.0+ghz range. If you're AMD then it might be alright. 

The video card is probably going to be your main issue. 256mb gram is nothing, I would expect most gamers to be at a minimum of 2gb gram. Again, with that many players and that many blocks, you're going to want as much as possible.

The 4gigs of normal RAM, again, that's lagging quite behind the curve. It might be enough but will depend on how optimised your laptop is. If you have everything stripped right back and a good version of windows then maybe it'll be enough, but personally I'd want 8gb just to be safe. 

I can't remember where it was, but Mark Jacobs posted his system specs somewhere for when he was doing internal testing. It was a reasonable specced machine (I think he had a 970 gfx card) and he was getting a stable 30fps during the large scale tests. But, with so many more features to come and more optimisation to be done, it's anyones guess what the final specs will be. I'm personally expecting to need to build a new machine as mine is pretty old now (AMD Phe2 X2 955, 8gb DDR3, 760 GTX with 2gb) but I plan to test the game out first before committing to a new build.