Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Playing through HoT and I can't believe the way they killed [SPOILER]!

GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
I'm not opposed to ANET killing major characters. But the way it was written was poor IMO. [SPOILER] Died senselessly and in a very non-heroic fashion. It was just meaningless. If they are going to kill of an NPC of that status, it should have been none in a major story changing sacrifice. Not some........Oh BTW......BAM.....DEAD! Fashion.

Disappointing really.

Comments

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    It was the whole point of it. That death wasn't about someone dying heroically, but about dying because "fail"...also sending another character into a super emo phase (that players totally hate).

It is the emotional low of HoT, well the lowest lows.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Killing characters that have played major rolls without much fanfare seems to be the fashion now a days.  RIP Hans Solo & Admiral Ackbar...

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited February 2018
    Killing characters that have played major rolls without much fanfare seems to be the fashion now a days.  RIP Hans Solo & Admiral Ackbar...
    true, its all about following effing trends. I'm still pissed at Square Enix and the movie Kingsglaive. Killing off (in the movie) the biggest support character Noctis could have ever had in the game was a stupid decision. I have no desire to finish FF15 because of that stupid movie. Stopped playing in chapter 9 and dont feel like playing it again.

RiP Crowe Altius.
    Gorwe

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Trend? I think they were just lazy if you ask me. The character died like an extra in a "B" horor movie.
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Gorwe said:
    true, its all about following effing trends. I'm still pissed at Square Enix and the movie Kingsglaive. Killing off (in the movie) the biggest support character Noctis could have ever had in the game was a stupid decision. I have no desire to finish FF15 because of that stupid movie. Stopped playing in chapter 9 and dont feel like playing it again.

RiP Crowe Altius.
    They actually KILLED Noctis? Omg RIP FF XV.
    I'm not opposed to ANET killing major characters. But the way it was written was poor IMO. [SPOILER] Died senselessly and in a very non-heroic fashion. It was just meaningless. If they are going to kill of an NPC of that status, it should have been none in a major story changing sacrifice. Not some........Oh BTW......BAM.....DEAD! Fashion.

Disappointing really.
    Who died? Pleased do say Trahearne(or whatever mr.Cabbage's name is spelled like).
    I'll never understand the Trahearne hate, but.. don't worry.. he no longer will be around in LW3, to hold you in the highest regard and praise you as the person that made the entire pact happen, and express hie endless gratitude that by your valor alone has lead them to victory.

Instead you will be written as largely a dolt surrounded by a bunch of prancing self absorbed cast members that focus on their own personal issues and have taken lessons from Taimi on treating you like a puppet or a test subject.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• CellofragCellofrag Member CommonPosts: 1
    story from gw2 is so beautiful !
    Gorwe said:

RiP Crowe Altius.
    They actually KILLED Noctis? Omg RIP FF XV.

Disappointing really.
    Who died? Pleased do say Trahearne(or whatever mr.Cabbage's name is spelled like).
    Let's just say, it explains the evolution of Guardian to Dragonhunter. (How Guardian gets a bow)
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    edited March 2018
    Let's just say, it explains the evolution of Guardian to Dragonhunter. (How Guardian gets a bow)
    Yes that is pretty much the point of that certain death.

The grief is carried over into season 3 leading to a split in the group..
    To then continue in season 4 leading to a revival of the band.

Let's be honest most of the characters are rather boring.. especially the guardian.
    Rytlock is pretty much the only character broadly accepted by the players as well as Tonn who unfortunately dies in the core story as well duh
    Harbinger of Fools
    Since it's no surprise here anymore, 
    Eir