Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats up with the hatred?

2»

Comments

• Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686
    Brugas said:
    Brugas said:
    Again.. trolls trolling to be trolling.  Of course it was for profit and charity.  It was never painted as otherwise.  It was part of the drive and funding campaign.  But hey... if you bothered to look, which doesn't seem that you guys really do, then you'd know that.

Carry on trolling.
    I don't think you know what trolling means.

troll2
    trōl/
    verb
    gerund or present participle: trolling
    informal
    make a deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.

A question was asked, and we responded, there's no trolling involved. Unless our reasons for not being interested in SotA upset you, but that's still not trolling.

I think the expression that you were going for was "haters gonna hate". lol
    Perhaps your definition is limited and perhaps your scope of view is limited.  It also means to lure or bait. Lurking in game forums and constantly spewing negative comments about a game they've already stated they disliked is still trolling.  Attacking anyone for making any positive comments on game, which they do not like, within it's forum threads is also trolling.

The depth of trolling is not just limited to this thread but all the threads under this game and actually quite a lot of other game threads.  
    This is a discussion forum and in contrast to the game's original forum here we can discuss both the positive and the negative parts of this game. I guess you are not used to that since moderators over at SotA forums close the negative threads down.

Having a negative opinion on Garriott selling his own blood as a trofe' for thousands of dollars is not trolling it is having a negative opinion on developers selling their blood to finance a game and same time it tell me alot about the community that praise it.

LeFantomeAllerleirauhGdemami
  • BrugasBrugas Member UncommonPosts: 72
    Aragon100 said:
    Brugas said:
    Brugas said:
    Again.. trolls trolling to be trolling.  Of course it was for profit and charity.  It was never painted as otherwise.  It was part of the drive and funding campaign.  But hey... if you bothered to look, which doesn't seem that you guys really do, then you'd know that.

Carry on trolling.

troll2
    trōl/
    verb
    informal
    make a deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.

A question was asked, and we responded, there's no trolling involved. Unless our reasons for not being interested in SotA upset you, but that's still not trolling.

Perhaps your definition is limited and perhaps your scope of view is limited.  It also means to lure or bait. Lurking in game forums and constantly spewing negative comments about a game they've already stated they disliked is still trolling.  Attacking anyone for making any positive comments on game, which they do not like, within it's forum threads is also trolling.

The depth of trolling is not just limited to this thread but all the threads under this game and actually quite a lot of other game threads.  
    This is a discussion forum and in contrast to the game's original forum here we can discuss both the positive and the negative parts of this game. I guess you are not used to that since moderators over at SotA forums close the negative threads down.

Having a negative opinion on Garriott selling his own blood as a trofe' for thousands of dollars is not trolling it is having a negative opinion on developers selling their blood to finance a game and same time it tell me alot about the community that praise it.

You have never been to the SotA forums have you? There are plenty of negative threads that have not been "shut down" as you say.  It is trolling in the manner it is being portrayed here.  Perhaps if there was civil and constructive conversation, then it wouldn't be trolling... but its not and you cannot defend all the negative attacks in the threads as "discussion".  I've seen very few "discussions".  It seems you have a very limited perception of things and only welcome anything negative about the game and its makers while spewing your own negativity.  But hey, people can see this for themselves, right?
    GdemamiVladamirBegemot
    edited March 2018
    Brugas said:
    Aragon100 said:
    Brugas said:
    Brugas said:

Carry on trolling.

troll2
    trōl/
    verb
    informal

You have never been to the SotA forums have you? There are plenty of negative threads that have not been "shut down" as you say.  It is trolling in the manner it is being portrayed here.  Perhaps if there was civil and constructive conversation, then it wouldn't be trolling... but its not and you cannot defend all the negative attacks in the threads as "discussion".  I've seen very few "discussions".  It seems you have a very limited perception of things and only welcome anything negative about the game and its makers while spewing your own negativity.  But hey, people can see this for themselves, right?
    If you dislike what is said and how the game get negative feedback i suggest you put people on ignore or just flag what is said to moderators over here.

I bought this game during kickstarter and i have been very active on SotA forums.

I know the little "cult" very well.
    Gdemami
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Expectations mostly.  I was looking forward to some sort of continuation of Ultima. . UO. . something.  It was more like an Ultima 8 or 9 type of thing.  For me it was the focus on selling anything for money with little progress to show.  Taking free assets. . from the unity store and selling it for $50 in game. . even worse than the blood thing in my opinion.  It just seems like little effort.  I don't hate it - I just don't like it.   I will give it a good go though before deciding for sure.  I haven't played in a long time. . When they added the card thing for combat I just about lost my cookies.
    Gdemami

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

Aragon100 said:
    Brugas said:
    Aragon100 said:
    Brugas said:
    Brugas said:

Carry on trolling.

troll2
    trōl/
    verb
    informal

If you dislike what is said and how the game get negative feedback i suggest you put people on ignore or just flag what is said to moderators over here.

I bought this game during kickstarter and i have been very active on SotA forums.

Lol, and you spout "Ever hear freedom of speech" to me? Hah... ever hear of the word, hypocrisy? I don't believe you know what that one means either.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hypocrisy

You show your colors well. Its obvious you don't like the game by your comments and who you choose to defend and then go against anything positive made about the game.
    edited March 2018
    Brugas said:
    Aragon100 said:
    Brugas said:
    Aragon100 said:
    Brugas said:
    Brugas said:

Carry on trolling.

troll2
    trōl/
    verb
    informal

Lol, and you spout "Ever hear freedom of speech" to me? Hah... ever hear of the word, hypocrisy? I don't believe you know what that one means either.

You show your colors well. Its obvious you don't like the game by your comments and who you choose to defend and then go against anything positive made about the game.

It is important that potential buyers of this game get to know about the pros and the cons of the game.

That is very important.

Dont you agree? Wether i like or not like the game is totally unessential.

Or do you just prefer to read what the yes sayers say over at SotA forums? 

It sounds to me as when SotA developers asked for good reviews over at Steam, lol -

"The good news is we continue to gain new customers from Steam. The not so good news is that some of them are giving us bad reviews. Just recently we dropped from Very Positive to Mostly Positive. Long term this will decrease the number of people who purchase our product on Steam and therefore will mean we will have less money to build this world we all want.

While many of those negative reviews are fair I feel like the ratio of positive to negative does not accurately reflect the overall sentiment from you, our loyal backers, especially when we take into consideration our current pre-alpha state. If you have not yet done so I would ask you to consider taking a few minutes and post a positive review over on Steam." 

~Darkstarr
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/steam-review-request.21397/

Read more at https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/428225/interesting-steam-review#RdKp2LL1vFmlXtBQ.99

Gdemami
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Dont hate the players, hate the game

LOL
    KyleranAllerleirauh
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Why does the game have such a low score, and people hating it so much?

People are saying p2w but so is archeage and bdo and most mmo's out right now with there cash shops

What makes this one worse?
    How is BDO p2w?  You cant buy a house in BDO for $200 but you can in SotA...

Also, these guys sold assets that they got for free from the Unity asset store.  Pretty shady group if you ask me...
    BrugasYashaX
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Talonsin said:
    Dont hate the players, hate the game

LOL
    Plenty of both going around it seems.

;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Aragon100 said:
    Brugas said:
    Aragon100 said:
    Brugas said:
    Aragon100 said:
    Brugas said:
    Brugas said:

Carry on trolling.

troll2
    trōl/
    verb
    informal

It is important that potential buyers of this game get to know about the pros and the cons of the game.

That is very important.

It sounds to me as when SotA developers asked for good reviews over at Steam, lol -

"The good news is we continue to gain new customers from Steam. The not so good news is that some of them are giving us bad reviews. Just recently we dropped from Very Positive to Mostly Positive. Long term this will decrease the number of people who purchase our product on Steam and therefore will mean we will have less money to build this world we all want.

While many of those negative reviews are fair I feel like the ratio of positive to negative does not accurately reflect the overall sentiment from you, our loyal backers, especially when we take into consideration our current pre-alpha state. If you have not yet done so I would ask you to consider taking a few minutes and post a positive review over on Steam." 

~Darkstarr
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/steam-review-request.21397/

Read more at https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/428225/interesting-steam-review#RdKp2LL1vFmlXtBQ.99

Oh now you try and hold a discussion and make it look like your comments were fair and constructive instead of negative and calling the backers "cultists".  Right...  It's not about likes and dislikes for the game.  I've stated my disapproval of ideas on the main forums as well.  It's about how you state it and is it constructive.  You've primarily just spewed negative statements about the game and it's people and stood with the side of "i don't like the game so im just gonna bash it". 

You're not really fooling anyone, we all can read your comments and see what you've posted :p  But nice try to turn your propaganda around.

Cheers! 
    EpicJohnsonGdemami
    Talonsin said:
    Why does the game have such a low score, and people hating it so much?

People are saying p2w but so is archeage and bdo and most mmo's out right now with there cash shops

What makes this one worse?
    How is BDO p2w?  You cant buy a house in BDO for $200 but you can in SotA...

Also, these guys sold assets that they got for free from the Unity asset store.  Pretty shady group if you ask me...
    Lol, I guess they think "The Prettiest" wins in BDO.  Heard that before while playing there as well.  As if all the cosmetic "skins" let you win anything  :D
    edited March 2018
    Brugas said:
    Aragon100 said:
    Brugas said:
    Aragon100 said:
    Brugas said:
    Aragon100 said:
    Brugas said:
    Brugas said:

Carry on trolling.

troll2
    trōl/
    verb
    informal

That is very important.

~Darkstarr

Oh now you try and hold a discussion and make it look like your comments were fair and constructive instead of negative and calling the backers "cultists".  Right...  It's not about likes and dislikes for the game.  I've stated my disapproval of ideas on the main forums as well.  It's about how you state it and is it constructive.  You've primarily just spewed negative statements about the game and it's people and stood with the side of "i don't like the game so im just gonna bash it". 

You're not really fooling anyone, we all can read your comments and see what you've posted :p  But nice try to turn your propaganda around.

Cheers! 
    Nothing to say about how developers tried to influence the Steam reviews? =)

Interesting how you call the truth propaganda. 

You avoid all discussions that can be negative which is seen in this reply that is almost only personal attacks.

Negative information is important for developers if they want the game to succeed.

Gdemami
    Aragon100 said:

You avoid all discussions that can be negative which is seen in this reply that is almost only personal attacks.

Negative information is important for developers if they want the game to succeed.

Wow, that's all you took from all that? Seems you're laser focused on negativity and bashing the game at all costs there.  It's ok if they ask for word of mouth to be spread and why shouldn't they?  The game has not released yet and they are not officially advertising/marketing the game yet, so asking to spread some positive reviews on notoriously trollish sites seems reasonable.  

But hey, try and make it a negative thing.  Maybe you can call that "cult" behavior too. Your truth is not truth and your constant twisting is propaganda for anything anti-SotA.  Anyone can easily see that, be it in this thread or view your other posts.
    LeFantomeAllerleirauhEpicJohnsonGdemamibgzgamer
  • LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 691
    Brugas said:
    Aragon100 said:

Your truth is not truth and your constant twisting is propaganda for anything anti-SotA.  Anyone can easily see that, be it in this thread or view your other posts.
    You are the one twisting the truth. 
    Praise the game all you want. You have ZERO fact to prove your points. All you do is argue with everyone who disagreed with you. 

***Perhaps your definition is limited and perhaps your scope of view is limited.  It also means to lure or bait. ***
    Who wrote that post ? oh right. It is you. 

AllerleirauhBruceYeeGdemami

Brugas said:
    Aragon100 said:

Wow, that's all you took from all that? Seems you're laser focused on negativity and bashing the game at all costs there.  It's ok if they ask for word of mouth to be spread and why shouldn't they?  The game has not released yet and they are not officially advertising/marketing the game yet, so asking to spread some positive reviews on notoriously trollish sites seems reasonable.  

But hey, try and make it a negative thing.  Maybe you can call that "cult" behavior too. Your truth is not truth and your constant twisting is propaganda for anything anti-SotA.  Anyone can easily see that, be it in this thread or view your other posts.
    No it is not ok, it was a Steam review scam.

Developers know that and that was why the thread today is unaccessable.

Here you can read some of the replies from that thread -

http://shroudunlimited.boards.net/thread/17/portalariums-steam-review-scam
    Gdemami
    LeFantome said:
    Praise the game all you want. You have ZERO fact to prove your points. All you do is argue with everyone who disagreed with you. 

***Perhaps your definition is limited and perhaps your scope of view is limited.  It also means to lure or bait. ***

Truly now? I've been the one supporting links directly to the evidence and info requested that the majority of posters can't seem to be bothered to look up.  Perhaps you should check before spouting false statements.

Can be used of you now too, right?  This can go both ways. But hey, you want to support the troll side, fine.  I support SotA as wll as those that enjoy SotA and will post accordingly.
    AllerleirauhAragon100LeFantomebgzgamer
  • blorpykinsblorpykins Member RarePosts: 466
    Brugas said:
    Aragon100 said:

There's history with Shroud asking for "positive" Steam reviews.

"If You Like SotA then Write Us a Positive Steam Review"

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=50566

It wasn't because they asked for reviews, it was that they were asking for "positive" reviews that got everyone worked up.  There's been lots of discussion about this over the years too.

Gdemami

There's history with Shroud asking for "positive" Steam reviews.

"If You Like SotA then Write Us a Positive Steam Review"

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=50566

It wasn't because they asked for reviews, it was that they were asking for "positive" reviews that got everyone worked up.  There's been lots of discussion about this over the years too.

Ummmm....  AND?
    So what?  That's a reason to dislike a game? That makes the game bad? 
    What does this have to do with playing SotA again?  Do you get free stuff from it?  Where do I sign up!? 

Seriously... o.O
    Brugas said:
    LeFantome said:

Truly now? I've been the one supporting links directly to the evidence and info requested that the majority of posters can't seem to be bothered to look up.  Perhaps you should check before spouting false statements.

Can be used of you now too, right?  This can go both ways. But hey, you want to support the troll side, fine.  I support SotA as wll as those that enjoy SotA and will post accordingly.
    LOL

So claiming you are twisting the truth is making a false statement? 

Is it also fake news? =)

You wont do well over here by calling all that bring negative information on the game for trolls.

Gdemami
    edited March 2018
    Aragon100 said:
    LOL

Is it also fake news? =)

You wont do well over here by calling all that bring negative information on the game for trolls.

People who are unbiased can read and make informed decisions about it for themselves.  The trolls will high-five the other trolls.  Always been a thing on forums.  We all know you hate the game and think it's players are "cultists".
    bgzgamer
    Brugas said:
    Aragon100 said:
    LOL

Is it also fake news? =)

People who are unbiased can read and make informed decisions about it for themselves.  The trolls will high-five the other trolls.  Always been a thing on forums.  We all know you hate the game and think it's players are "cultists".
    Since the game is a ghost town i agree people make informed decisions about the game.

I totally agree. =)
This discussion has been closed.