Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Raids of the Fallen CO-OP First Person Dungeon Crawler

The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Comments

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    So everyone is a mage then?
  • JoshCDevJoshCDev Member CommonPosts: 4
    Thanks for posting this blue turtle.

I'm actually the creator of the game and just found this on google, so I registered to answer the question :)

The game is HEAVILY inspired by the original EverQuest. I had a 60 Wiz/57 Warrior back on the Veeshan server in 2000-2002. I really like the first person view of being a Wiz in EQ, but really wanted to have some FPS mechanics to go with it. Everyone is indeed a Mage/Wizard of some sort, but there will be a separation of the game mechanics so that they can have distinct classes/abilities. Obviously, everyone will get solid direct damage spells, but here's how we're going to separate the

This is how we're going to separate them.

Healer - Obviously will have the best healing capabilities and resurrection benefits.
    Mage - Will have special buffing capabilities for themselves and for others. Run faster, faster mana regen, shields, HP buffs, casting haste, etc.....
    Wizard - Best Direct Damage. Have some instant death capabilities.
    Enchanter - Basically a debuffer/crowd controller. Root, slows, stuns, etc....

The coolest component of this whole thing is the vast abilities that having spells in an FPS gives us. No longer does the FPS have to simply be machine gun/grenade launcher/shotgun mechanics. We can REALLY build encounters/raids and AI to have some many more abilities and ways to take them down. It's going to be very neat and pretty hardcore. Hopefully you enjoy the game :) Don't hesitate to ask anymore questions and I'll try to answer ASAP :smile:
    Mikehawanderica
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    edited March 2018

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Thanks for the comments!

Crafted. At first, we wanted to build them procedurally, but we really wanted people to be able to able to explore a HUGE dungeon, make boss mobs tough to find, and also give people the ability to get lost, so we felt it would be impossible to ever learn the dungeons if they were procedurally generated. I think it worked out good, we'll see :)

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Given the increase in popularity and the game obviously being a shoe-in....have you considered VR?
    [Deleted User]
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    This is looking more and more interesting as I read the responses.  I'll have to give it a closer look!

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Ultima Underworld with modern graphics... look sweet.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Given the increase in popularity and the game obviously being a shoe-in....have you considered VR?
    Lol, ya it does seem to be a perfect fit for a VR game.  Something I'm going to have to think about. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Consoles?
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Kudos for this part of the reply email after signing up:

We're doing things the old fashioned way with a free beta test and followed up with a completed game launch. We're not going to run a Kickstarter, early-access, or any sort of crowd funding campaign to ask you for money that we haven't earned. We also promise to NEVER have lootboxes, micro-transactions, pay to win, or any sort of fee after you purchase our game. We absolutely HATE that stuff. We're hardcore gamers at heart and every single thing you earn in the game will be earned through game-play

My kind of developer.

MadFrenchieKajidourden
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Well..i can sort of accept a low end game like this because it is NOT pretending to be a mmorpg but merely a dungeon crawler.However simply being a one trick pony is not close to being good enough but they CLAIM "TACTICS" which is always a plus in my books,weather it is true idk.

Monsters with various styles,well that can mean just about anything,i have an idea of how this should be done or how mob design should be done ,i get the feeling this won't be it.

Just the little i see here it looks similar to one of the last Might N magic mmo games or sort of similar to an old Heretic game.
    Co-op is a good idea,not like all this RAID crap i keep seeing developers advertise,perfect for two friends or husband wife,bf gf,i like the idea of 2-6 player groups.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

"Consoles?"

Yes. Probably Xbox first.

"
    My kind of developer."

:) That pay2win junk literally boils my blood though. Even the cosmetic stuff.

"Monsters with various styles,well that can mean just about anything,i have an idea of how this should be done or how mob design should be done ,i get the feeling this won't be it."

We are in the design phase for several AI encounters and I would love to hear your ideas. We have some solid stuff in place and I think you'll be surprised, but if you had some great ideas brewing on how this should be done, I won't hesitate to replace what we've done with something better or at a minimum enhance what we've got. Seriously, please email me what you're thinking here: [email protected]