Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard Seems to be Teasing Diablo 3 for Nintendo Switch - Diablo 3 - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageBlizzard Seems to be Teasing Diablo 3 for Nintendo Switch - Diablo 3 - MMORPG.com

Diablo 3 News - Blizzard loves to tease out information to eager fans. The latest example is the company's Twitter post that shows a nightlight made in the shape of Diablo's head that is being "SWITCHED" on and off. This leads fans to believe that Diablo 3 is being prepped for release on Nintendo Switch.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• CygiCygi Member RarePosts: 257
    How about a new content for Diablo 3 at all?
    BruceYee
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    This would be so totally awesome! Playing Diablo 3 on the go! Bring it on please! Make it happen. :)
    SBFordOyjordMrMelGibson
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Cygi said:

How about a new content for Diablo 3 at all?

How about a new game instead. :P
    Truvidien88[Deleted User]BruceYee[Deleted User]MrMelGibsonGamerKnight303

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• ElderknightElderknight Member UncommonPosts: 322
    Anything would be great, new game or classes maybe a way to buy more stash space, would pay, 5$ a tab, so sucks not having room anymore.
  • LuposDavalteLuposDavalte Member UncommonPosts: 91
    It seems that Nintendo Switch is fast becoming the device for re-releases of games that the majority have already grown tired of.

I mean I loved Skyrim and D3.... but I'm done with them now. 
    Whiteshade92
  • Whiteshade92Whiteshade92 Member UncommonPosts: 95
    edited March 2018

It seems that Nintendo Switch is fast becoming the device for re-releases of games that the majority have already grown tired of.

Agree. I don't see any re-playability any of these games. Skyrim, doom, xenoverse you name it.
    Switch needs new games, not recycled games...
  • KenrichKenrich Member UncommonPosts: 127
    I'll take D4 please.
    SBFordTruvidien88Sandistic[Deleted User]
    o.O

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041

Agree. I don't see any re-playability any of these games. Skyrim, doom, xenoverse you name it.
    I think both new and recycled would work, I love having these older games on the go. Switch has plenty of new games too, its library expands rapidly.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    SBFordJeroKaneAeanderMrMelGibson
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• halfmystichalfmystic Member RarePosts: 535
    Oh no, something about Diablo! Time for the rabid, foaming PoE and Diablo 3 haters to come out of the woodwork to complain.
    SBFord[Deleted User]MrMelGibsonPsym0n
  • CygiCygi Member RarePosts: 257

Oh no, something about Diablo! Time for the rabid, foaming PoE and Diablo 3 haters to come out of the woodwork to complain.

Truth about Diablo 3 state hurts, I know, it's painful.
    [Deleted User]SBFordAeander
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,837
    I'd buy it for $20-$30 to play Diablo 3 on the go. Diablo 3 isn't worth more than that with its limited content and lack of new content.
    edited March 2018
    Agreed, @halfmystic :D

Path of Exile thread is that way ----------->

https://www.mmorpg.com/path-of-exile/news/grinding-gear-announces-the-release-of-bestiary-time-to-go-hunting-exiles-1000047589
    [Deleted User]MrMelGibsonConstantineMerus

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

edited March 2018
    SBFord said:

https://www.mmorpg.com/path-of-exile/news/grinding-gear-announces-the-release-of-bestiary-time-to-go-hunting-exiles-1000047589
    You have to admit though... it does show a stark contrast in direction over the past few years.

Path of Exile - "Here's a bunch of new stuff. Knock yourself out."

Diablo - "Meh. You can replay our game again if you want. We're too busy with our piles of Overwatch money to care either way."

And it's a pity, because mechanically speaking, I think Diablo 3 is a far better game, but I want new things to do in it.
    Aeander said:
    SBFord said:

You have to admit though... it does show a stark contrast in direction over the past few years.

Diablo - "Replay our game again."

And it's a pity, because mechanically speaking, I think Diablo 3 is a far better game, but I want new things to do in it.
    I agree with that for the most part, but I don't spend my time in the good news threads about the game comparing it to another completely different game.

Everyone likes what they like and shitting in every thread about a game I personally don't care for is not how I choose to spend my days. I've said it before, but I don't get that mindset. *shrugs*

Oh well. I'm still choosing to believe that D4 or World of Diablo is going to be announced this year given all the hires they've made specifically for the Diablo team in the last couple years.
    AeanderScottJeslisOyjord[Deleted User]MrMelGibson

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

SBFord said:
    Aeander said:
    SBFord said:

Diablo - "Replay our game again."

I agree with that for the most part, but I don't spend my time in the good news threads about the game comparing it to another completely different game.

Everyone likes what they like and shitting in every thread about a game I personally don't care for is not how I choose to spend my days. I've said it before, but I don't get that mindset. *shrugs*

Oh well. I'm still choosing to believe that D4 or World of Diablo is going to be announced this year given all the hires they've made specifically for the Diablo team in the last couple years.
    I certainly hope so. I want to see more competition in the genre.
  • AllerleirauhAllerleirauh Member UncommonPosts: 496
    Can I get a night light like that?
    Currently Playing: Path of Exile

"I have found a desire within myself that no experience in this world can satisfy; the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." ~ C. S. Lewis
  • KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Anything would be great, new game or classes maybe a way to buy more stash space, would pay, 5$ a tab, so sucks not having room anymore.
    Your willingness to pay for something that should be free is what gives greedy developers the power to abuse gamers.

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    edited March 2018
    Blizzard must been working on this for abit they would had to redo the engine to work with Vulkan to get more out of it for the Nintendo Switch.  If its is true. Then won't be to far be support on the mobile phone at some point.
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,869
    edited March 2018

The Switch has some of the best new games released for a new console in years in the first year. It also continues to get new games. Re-releasing games for an audience that did not previously have access to them is not a bad thing necessarily, especially for a device that can also be mobile. That is the appeal of the Switch. This game is not for you or me. This re-release is for people who either want a mobile Diablo 3 or have never played it because they focus exclusively on Nintendo consoles. 

I don't understand the hate for rereleasing old games on a new platform at all. If you don't want it, don't buy it. They are not hurting you by rereleasing them. They are not wasting much development resources on it, if any, that would otherwise be working on a new title. It is okay for other people to enjoy a thing you once enjoyed, promise. 
    [Deleted User]
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,869
    Torval said:
    Celcius said:

The Switch has some of the best new games released for a new console in years in the first year. It also continues to get new games. Re-releasing games for an audience that did not previously have access to them is not a bad thing necessarily, especially for a device that can also be mobile. That is the appeal of the Switch. This game is not for you or me. This re-release is for people who either want a mobile Diablo 3 or have never played it because they focus exclusively on Nintendo consoles. 
    It's also for people who have it at home and want to take it on trips or travelling. That's true for any of the remasters they're selling on the platform.
    Oh yes absolutely. 
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    I will sure as hell buy it. And it will be the third time I do so. Bite me  :*

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• JuzaaJuzaa Member UncommonPosts: 31
    If this is the new Diablo project they were hiring people for recently, I'm extremely disappointed.
  • Kraken78Kraken78 Member CommonPosts: 1
    If Diablo 3 is released for the Switch I will buy it. I love arpgs and grew up on hack-n-slash games. I also hope this might pave the way for Diablo 2 to be released for switch as well, that would be nice and we all can dream.
  • azonic69azonic69 Member UncommonPosts: 103
    This has already been confirmed to be nothing more than a cool night light. They are not working on a switch version.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/03/02/blizzard-could-be-teasing-diablo-3-on-switch

People were really reaching.