Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Grinding Gear Announces the Release of Bestiary - Time to Go Hunting, Exiles! - Path of Exile - MMOR

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageGrinding Gear Announces the Release of Bestiary - Time to Go Hunting, Exiles! - Path of Exile - MMORPG.com

Path of Exile News - Grinding Gear Games has announced the release of its latest Path of Exile content expansion, Bestiary. The new content is available for both PC and XBox One users and brings a host of new activities to the game. Most notably, players will be able to hunt and capture almost 300 creatures throughout Wraeclast and use them sacrificially to "create and augment potent items".

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Definitely a league I'll be playing!
    k61977

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Count me in!
  • titanofdoomtitanofdoom Member UncommonPosts: 263
    I just can't get excited by this league...I love POE to...different at least, but perplexed why they went the Pokemon route
    BruceYee
    Perennially extricating the extraneous
  • HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 914
    Im tired of these wierd leagues

• NastimusNastimus Member UncommonPosts: 13
    You cant fight alongside them like a hunter pet in wow? They're strictly used for show and sacrifice? That's kind of disappointing.
    Ricardo5802Tsiya
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    awesome, DLing now
  • sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 766
    different type of league than the usual "kill monsters get loot" that was breech, abyss, and harbinger

very refreshing
    k61977
  • sibs4455sibs4455 Member UncommonPosts: 369
    Played for 15 minutes then logged out, i won't log back in this league. I feel PoE has lost it's way .. it is not the game that i backed over 6 years ago, still GGG has plenty of my cash but yea it's time to move on.
    Seelinnikoi
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    This is probably my second favorite league so far.  The beast you catch can be sacrificed to turn them into gear.  It gives people another chance to get that piece of gear they were looking for.  It even tells you what type of gear you have a chance of getting before sacrificing them in case you want to wait to see if they match up with others in the recipe section.  This isn't necessarily for those that just want to speed run things as it does require you to pay attention to what you are killing.  Think that is the problem with some people not liking it as it isn't just a steam roll face plastering speed run one.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited March 2018
    Leagues don't pull me back. I want all features from the leagues to be added to the permanent character base... but they aren't most of the time. It's like the mistake GW2 made with living world season 1. All these awesome additions and a lot of them just get deleted eventually.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • ra123ra123 Member UncommonPosts: 33
    this league worst one ty chris for going to fuck poe with this idea wtf ARPG with tame thinks ? fuck this shit league i wont play
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    Leagues don't pull me back. I want all features from the leagues to be added to the permanent character base... but they aren't most of the time. It's like the mistake GW2 made with living world season 1. All these awesome additions and a lot of them just get deleted eventually.
    I can agree with this to some extent, but there are some things in leagues that shouldn't be brought over because they change the entire way the game is played or the entire dynamic of the game.  A good portion of league play now does transfer over after a league has finish which is great.  I hate to see devs put time into something that is just wiped away myself, but sometimes things don't work like they wanted or hope or worked differently and shouldn't be transferred.
  • rmk70rmk70 Member UncommonPosts: 408
    finding this league pretty boring. giving it a go but likely over it soon.
  • IbjaIbja Member UncommonPosts: 25

Almost all of the league content is still available at high level map play. Even on standard. It usually just appears sometime after the league has ended.

On another note, I am loving this league, its fun and different.

People keep begging for Breach league back but I remember when Breach started and the forums were filled with posts like

"WORST LEAGUE EVER!"

and "ONLY THE HIGHEST DPS BUILDS CAN SUCCEED! GGG KILLING THE GAME!"

And now people love Breach, it was the best league that ever existed, they can't stop talking about how every league since hasn't been Breach.

so...I guess if people don't like something even slightly they will take to the internet to try to destroy it. No surprise here.

• HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 914
    POE IS boring now. I have enough of these wierd builds and new leagues that gives you nothing

• PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623
    loving the new league

only wish they let us poke battle our captured monsters against other players monsters. with all the shit mobs do it could definitely be an interest thing.
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    It is a unique league and im enjoying it. All leagues find themselves into the game in the endgame.

PoE is great with their games. The league gives you a nice way to get good gear while leveling.
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • WillibossWilliboss Newbie CommonPosts: 5
    edited May 2020
    wow, such a realistic one! I’m very happy, I was waiting for this game for a long time. I am a big fan of planting and I laugh all the games which are connected with hunting. And I hunt every weekend. When I was a beginner I had very poor equipment for hunting, but I found a very good website Under Reviews where are many reviews of very good hunting gear. So I could choose better ones. So now I have very comfortably.

Post edited by Williboss on