Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Uninstalled right away

InfiniteStrifeInfiniteStrife Member UncommonPosts: 36
The garbage company went from spamming personal loot admin messages in the chat to right up in your face.

This tells me right away to not ever come back to the true turd this...."D&D" game this game has back.
Asm0deusbartoni33eddieg50

Comments

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,403
    Yeah its pretty sucky for a DnD game....DDO is much much better if only it wasn't so damn old.
    YashaXPhryUngoodbcbully

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• InfiniteStrifeInfiniteStrife Member UncommonPosts: 36
    *become

Cant recommend this to new players...stay far away from it
    Hariken
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Its a lot of mindless fun while leveling at least. It has one of the best, if not the best, action combat systems (for an mmo) and a great atmosphere. It also has some Diabloesq elements in its loot drops and quest chains.

DDO's character building systems and dungeons definitely feel more D&D though; I really don't get any of the D&D feel from the way NWO has set up character progression/classes.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    I played it but the spamming of the inventory and chat personal loot spam was enough to turn me off. DDO is way better.
    PhryAsm0deus
    Chamber of Chains
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    The only thing I really liked about Neverwinter was the region dragon fights.  Good open world 'quests' that could be rather fun, even if you're not in a group.  Good use of tactical positioning and movement in a fight.  If you're static, you will get squashed.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• psychosiz1psychosiz1 Member UncommonPosts: 200
    I quickly tired of this game as well.  After the newness wore off and I began to see the issues with the game I realized this was a bad game, especially considering how good DDO is.  Seemed like a big step backwards.

Octagon7711
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I enjoyed it when it first came out but it got boring after a while.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    It's one of those things were there is just something about the overall experience that drove me off.  The combat was fun enough....but it just didn't have any staying power for me.  The voice overs all felt SUPER forced and awkward, the zones felt cramped and over-saturated, etc.
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Gorwe said:
    How'd a fan of games like Vermintide like Neverwinter? Good story, combat needed. Don't really care about the rest.
    Yeah, you might like it.
  • NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    Standard Cryptic, they do the same thing in STO with no way to turn it off.  For those wanting to play you just ignore it; it's not on the screen very long, although they show up ALOT.

The D&D is just a thin wash of the races & place names; other than that it's a standard game.  As said DDO is a much better D&D experience and has held up well with age.
    Hariken

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Its your typical PWE game. STO is just as bad too.
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Asm0deus said:
    Yeah its pretty sucky for a DnD game....DDO is much much better if only it wasn't so damn old.
    I totally agree with you, Neverwinter did not feel like a DnD game at all, I liked the Foundry, but, when you enjoy making a dungeon more then playing that dungeon, you know something is wrong with the game.

Sadly, DDO is not too much better anymore, they tried to cash into the modern MMO market, and imho really lost touch with what made their game great to start with, the expansions, revisions, and updates over the years, have not done well for the game, unfortunately.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited March 2018
    Without jumping into qualities of DDO vs. Neverwinter, I've raised an eyebrow at the "right away" of the title.

OP, this "garbage company" is doing it since near a decade now... if you've missed to notice it so far, consider yourself lucky.
    Right away, that was a good one :wink:

ed: Nebless and Hariken pointed it out already. I'm late at the party it seems...
  • angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259
    I had fun for a few weeks on release. Never went back. I Prefer LOTRO or FFXIV:ARR to this.
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,403
    Ungood said:
    Asm0deus said:
    I totally agree with you, Neverwinter did not feel like a DnD game at all, I liked the Foundry, but, when you enjoy making a dungeon more then playing that dungeon, you know something is wrong with the game.

Sadly, DDO is not too much better anymore, they tried to cash into the modern MMO market, and imho really lost touch with what made their game great to start with, the expansions, revisions, and updates over the years, have not done well for the game, unfortunately.
    Yeah I haven't played DDO for a couple years now and just can't find the will to go back.  I would say though even with it's faults there far far far more build diversity and choices in weapons etc etc than Neverwinter could ever even imagine.  Neverwinter is just your standard mmo with a "DnD" skin but it offers zero and I mean zero of what DnD is suppose to be about.

I sometimes wish DDO would close down and then the server code/client was leaked....lolz

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.