Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Protagonist Asks Which Squadmate You'd Prefer - The Prize? Tickets to PAX East - MMORPG.com New

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageThe Protagonist Asks Which Squadmate You'd Prefer - The Prize? Tickets to PAX East - MMORPG.com News

The Protagonist is an upcoming sci-fi turn-based combat RPG that is set in "an alternate world not too different from our own". It combines a martial arts combat system with turn-based gameplay to provide a unique experience. In a fun and easy contest, the team behind The Protagonist is asking fans to vote who they would prefer their squadmate to be: the Radical or the Angel? Participants can vote via Twitter or Facebook and score a chance to win tickets to PAX East 2018.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    RADICAL

Pros:
    - hand-to-hand combat (expert)
    - demolitions (proficient)
    - infiltration (proficient)
    - interrogation (proficient)

Cons:
    - marksmanship (limited, lack of depth perception, unless computer assisted)
    - dishonorably discharged
    - more military demotions than commendations
    - killed superior officer (claimed self-defense)

---------------------------

ANGEL

Pros:
    - architectural engineering (expert)
    - Terran history (expert)
    - computer programming (expert)
    - mathematics (expert)
    - the sciences (expert)
    - marksmanship (grade A)
    - hand-to-hand (trained in numerous combat skills)

Cons:
    - short term memory (tampered with)

---------------------------

I guess it depends on the mission and what my other squad mate's skills are, but it seems like Radical, especially w/ his one eye, is going to be a dud in gun combat.

I'm going to go with Angel.
    --------------------------------------------
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited February 2018
    This site provided us with nothing except a contest that may very well have got the two tickets for free,more than likely.The contest is supposedly FUN,,umm yeah that sets off red flags right there,since when is liking someone on FB considered FUN?

Anyhow had to do my own homework since this site so loosely just posts ANYTHING that comes through there turnstiles.

3Mind Games,former Ubisoft leads.

Yes they worked on some decent games,yes they are in what seems the leads home town Montreal ,also a great place for business tax breaks.

It seems the so called DDS dialogue system will be an exact copy of Star Wars to which someone worked on within this team.
    Also a person who also worked on the Star Wars story.

Ok so ..
    1 I did not like the SW story at all,it was very predictable "conspiracy theory"all the time.Imo it got way higher reviews than it deserved,FFX was a REAL story,SWTOR was not.

2 THE DDS,didn't like that in SWTOR either,yeah it shows some effort in having to create dialogue for each chosen path,but overall not really,you just write it up and have each person stand there and quickly read their lines,then someone edits it in.

3Mind games started their business 2010...hmmm,that is quite awhile ago,something very odd there,8 years and they don't have a single thing to show us,not one movie,not one animation.So my assumption is they simply locked up a copyright to a title that funny thing was already out there,go figure.So was this just a title for many years whiel doing other work,maybe even side work for Ubisoft,who knows.

There is a chance they are saving everything for PAX "very possible"but then WHY would you start the buzz/advertising here on this site if you have nothing to show us?
    BruceYee

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 736
    Obviously Radical can head straight into combat at any given moment while Angel will need a lot of preparation and downtime to maintain that deluxe mascara look.
  • AllerleirauhAllerleirauh Member UncommonPosts: 496

Obviously Radical can head straight into combat at any given moment while Angel will need a lot of preparation and downtime to maintain that deluxe mascara look.

I thought you liked that deluxe mascara look when you made that comment about how "French girls don't wear makeup" to that article wayyy back. Of course, you never made it clear if you said it as an insult. If so, there you go. ;)
    Currently Playing: Path of Exile

"I have found a desire within myself that no experience in this world can satisfy; the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." ~ C. S. Lewis
  • SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,495
    Pro: neat idea
    Con: Facebook & Twitter
    end result: skipping this one