Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5 Things We Want from Defiance 2050 - The List - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2018 in News & Features Discussion

image5 Things We Want from Defiance 2050 - The List - MMORPG.com

Trion Worlds shocked the lot of us yesterday by announcing a sequel to Defiance called Defiance 2050. Using the same engine, upgraded and enhanced for modern consoles and PC, Defiance 2050 takes place four years after the original game, and promises enhanced visuals across all platforms, brand new content, new mechanics, new systems, the works. Here then, are our 5 things we want from Defiance 2050 that’ll make it better than the original.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    This one took me by surprise too. I've played Defiance off and on since launch. It was always a game of more promise, than delivery.

Honestly, I'm surprised that Trion hasn't closed it down by now. We will have to see how the new one plays.
    [Deleted User]psychosiz1Tyserie
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • halfmystichalfmystic Member RarePosts: 535
    It shocked me because I just downloaded the original thinking "I heard they are going to update this soon!", and then they announced this, so it's pointless to play the original. Uninstalled it immediately after I read the article.
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

It shocked me because I just downloaded the original thinking "I heard they are going to update this soon!", and then they announced this, so it's pointless to play the original. Uninstalled it immediately after I read the article.

From http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/2018/02/27/announce/
    Transfers Between Defiance and Defiance 2050

Defiance 2050 was built from the ground up to be the most enjoyable Defiance experience possible, with major overhauls to key systems, like progression and itemization, and various innovations being implemented. To do this, we had to ensure that the game wasn’t hindered by the past, a move that ultimately resulted in some elements from the original game, like entire character and item transfers, not being possible. However, some in-game progression, such as character slots and loadout slots from Defiance, will transfer from the original game.

Additionally, in the weeks ahead the Defiance team will be introducing the Valor Program, which will give Defiance players a way to earn exclusive upgrades and special in-game rewards that can be applied to Defiance 2050 when it launches. Stay tuned on our Twitter and Facebook for up-to-date developments, plus visit the forums here to discuss what rewards you would like to see in the Defiance Valor Program.

Play Original Defiance and Earn Valor for Defiance 2050!

As a thank you for players of the original Defiance, we are presenting the Valor Program, a system that will reward players for completing Pursuits (achievements) with special purchasables through a new unique currency called Valor Commendations. Valor Commendations can be redeemed in Defiance 2050 to unlock awesome items that will be exclusive to our dedicated Defiance fans.
    psychosiz1Agent_Joseph
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited February 2018
    What was the reason they gave for not being to fix the current game? Here's my thing with Trion as a whole atm. 2-3 years ago I believe (or maybe it was 2017), they had a lot of layoffs. Company was pretty much hemorrhaging money which resulted in Rift's expansion being b2p for a year pretty much until that failed and went f2p for all last year. So you're telling me that between then and now, with no visible increase in revenue that they can put down a rift "legacy" server, still produce content for the current game (which many felt was an unfinished expansion from its release until now 2 years down the road), and "rebuild" a game from the ground up (whatever that means coming from Trion)? I know David Blain is an excellent illusionist, but not even he can do something in this scenario. Good luck to them and to the customers I guess because given Trion's track record over the past 4-5 years, you're guaranteed not to get what you're "paying" for.
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited February 2018
    Albatroes said:
    What was the reason they gave for not being to fix the current game?
    At least they are not trying to resell it to you like some other game we know "cough"Destiny2"cough".
    psychosiz1infomatzTacticalZombeh
  • halfmystichalfmystic Member RarePosts: 535
    Asheram said:

From http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/2018/02/27/announce/
    Transfers Between Defiance and Defiance 2050

Defiance 2050 was built from the ground up to be the most enjoyable Defiance experience possible, with major overhauls to key systems, like progression and itemization, and various innovations being implemented. To do this, we had to ensure that the game wasn’t hindered by the past, a move that ultimately resulted in some elements from the original game, like entire character and item transfers, not being possible. However, some in-game progression, such as character slots and loadout slots from Defiance, will transfer from the original game.

Additionally, in the weeks ahead the Defiance team will be introducing the Valor Program, which will give Defiance players a way to earn exclusive upgrades and special in-game rewards that can be applied to Defiance 2050 when it launches. Stay tuned on our Twitter and Facebook for up-to-date developments, plus visit the forums here to discuss what rewards you would like to see in the Defiance Valor Program.

Play Original Defiance and Earn Valor for Defiance 2050!

As a thank you for players of the original Defiance, we are presenting the Valor Program, a system that will reward players for completing Pursuits (achievements) with special purchasables through a new unique currency called Valor Commendations. Valor Commendations can be redeemed in Defiance 2050 to unlock awesome items that will be exclusive to our dedicated Defiance fans.
    Yeah I saw that. I think my post was misconstrued, I love the idea. The game needs an overhaul.

But I'm not going to continue to play a doomed game for some possibly cosmetic items that I may or may not like. 

Good for Trion for taking initiative on making the game more appealing with a relaunch - but it seems like a waste of time still, even with the loyalty rewards, to continue to play original Defiance. 
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    All I want are less ugly character models and animations, optimized for something less outdated than PS3 (!)
    psychosiz1

Thank you for your time!

• The_emberThe_ember Member UncommonPosts: 56
    The progression thing amuses me - there was a full gear / ego combined progression system in alpha if my other half speaks correctly, and they ditched it fairly late on in development for what finally made it into the game.
    It caused a massive row on the forums over whether a sense of progression was actually needed in a third person shooter - turns out the people saying it was needed were right.
  • xxBoneZxxxxBoneZxx Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Hope there are more missions. Lots more. Most of the missions were simple and went very quickly. Then after that, there was nothing to do. There needs to be endgame content and lots more missions. It's a waste to have all of those vehicles and weapons, then zip through all the missions and then done. That's pointless.
    [Deleted User]infomatz
  • APThugAPThug Member RarePosts: 543
    I want the following:

1. Actual gear progression/ customization
    2. Either more ego powers to use/ or better synergies 
    3. Better/ smoother animations
    4. Better loot drops or more ways to get better gear
    [Deleted User]

• esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
  • DavodtheTuttDavodtheTutt Member UncommonPosts: 415
    These wishlists are pretty much useless, of course, but maybe fun and maybe instructive to anyone working on a completely new game who might be passing through. One thing I'd like to see is more alien playable characters, with more variations in stats, and more roles to play with more things to do.

The sense of progression is another thing I'd agree would be a big help. In City of Heroes, you would get completely new powers, and some would have exciting new effects. It went a long way in making Controllers fun to play, as the effects became more effective and affected greater numbers of villains. It also helped to have levels where you could get your travel power. As your character advanced, you were able to do more than the same thing but against more powerful enemies.
    [Deleted User]
  • YoofaloofYoofaloof Member UncommonPosts: 217
    Will I be able to play along with my console fanboy friends?
  • onemegonemeg Member UncommonPosts: 33
    Lame. Defiance is lame and Trion is lame.