Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Zandalari Troll druid forms! Helloooo Jurasic World! Reroll?

DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
Moonkin:

Bear:

Flight:

Travel:

NephethShaddyDaddy

Comments

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503

NephethShaddyDaddy

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    Looks cool but my favourite is still Night Elf.
    Chamber of Chains
  • hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    edited February 2018
    give me worgen wolf form damn it! or better yet worgen form shirvallah style

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    hum I will be leveling another druid again.
    Tsiya
    Bear form maybe turtle enough for @blueturtle13 ?

Tsiya

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    This is a perfect example as to why cartoony graphics are bad,they look silly.Let's take professional graphic animator's and tell them to make low quality cartoons,i bet they must be thrilled to have spent all that time in school training to degrade their abilities.Yeah a couple seem ok for about as good as they could do with these but overall they look silly.
    BruceYee

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Psym0nPsym0n Member UncommonPosts: 283
    edited February 2018
    Wizardry said:
    This is a perfect example as to why cartoony graphics are bad,they look silly.Let's take professional graphic animator's and tell them to make low quality cartoons,i bet they must be thrilled to have spent all that time in school training to degrade their abilities.Yeah a couple seem ok for about as good as they could do with these but overall they look silly.
    As a graphic designer and developer (not games) I can't disagree more. What would be more awesome, fluffy and static images or your creation running around in a cartoony world. 

It seems that you love realistic graphics more then cartoony, but this is just a matter of taste. The fact that a graphic artist has to make concessions for the sake of performance is something that you'll always learn in school. It's kinda 101 development.

If they don't want to make concessions to their art, they shouldn't become a game designer but an autonomous artist. 
    Nepheth
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    edited February 2018
    Psym0n said:
    Wizardry said:
    As a graphic designer and developer (not games) I can't disagree more. What would be more awesome, fluffy and static images or your creation running around in a cartoony world. 

It seems that you love realistic graphics more then cartoony, but this is just a matter of taste. The fact that a graphic artist has to make concessions for the sake of performance is something that you'll always learn in school. It's kinda 101 development.

If they don't want to make concessions to their art, they shouldn't become a game designer but an autonomous artist. 
    Thank you Psym0n!

I know artists and graphics designers, and while they have their own preferences and styles, I can't say a one of them wouldn't find it fun and challenging to work on something like this. Especially if they are getting paid and paid WELL!

Heck, I'm taking a drawing class and there are two people who have design backgrounds who both want to get into this type of animating/design.

Wizardry just "says things" based on his preferences and thinks they are universal truths.

I also agree with your last sentence 100%

There is a difference between being a commercial artist, designer "whatever" and someone who more interested in "fine art" or developing just their own style.

I know artists who are amazing but they also make money from being "artists" and plying their trade for other businesses.

And they are happy for the paycheck!
    AsheramNepheth
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    @blueturtle13 Holy Moly look at this:

Asheram

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited February 2018
    I bet blueturtle13 is in turtle heaven over this. It's even a blue turtle.  ;)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited March 2018
    While I TROLLtally applaud the new and unique racial models for Druids -- at least for the Zandalari...they're just....SO. MUCH. NO. Ugh...revolting. LOL :dizzy:

The feral form in all it's hideousness.

That said, I hope they add more racial Druid forms to make them all more unique...oh and adding Belf Druids would be coolio....never gonna happen though. *sighs* Too bad, sun kitty. :(

BruceYee

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,500
    Wizardry said:
    Not everyone wants realism in games.  I play games to get away from the world and have fun.  Every game doesn't need to look realistic to be fun.  So on this I disagree 100% with you.  I love the way WoW is evolving its graphics, looks great.

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    k61977 said:
    Wizardry said:
    Not everyone wants realism in games.  I play games to get away from the world and have fun.  Every game doesn't need to look realistic to be fun.  So on this I disagree 100% with you.  I love the way WoW is evolving its graphics, looks great.

Agreed. Those "cartoony graphics" are why WoW has lasted for 14 years over other "realistic" MMOs that haven't. The art team, level design and so on are A+.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• AriesTigerAriesTiger Member UncommonPosts: 444
    edited March 2018
    SBFord said:
    While I TROLLtally applaud the new and unique racial models for Druids -- at least for the Zandalari...they're just....SO. MUCH. NO. Ugh...revolting. LOL :dizzy:

The feral form in all it's hideousness.

Sorry but I have to disagree on this. I think the very top feral form is AWESOME. Not so pretty, plastic-esque (blood elves!) that a lot of this game has been polishing...in that same vein though I think Pandaria had just the perfect balance of bulk/ruggedness mixed with style.
    Tsiya
    I don't like the catform that much :( I think I will stick with DI dwarf shaman: