Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Daybreak Invites You to H1Z1 Auto Royale, A Vehicular Battle Royale - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageDaybreak Invites You to H1Z1 Auto Royale, A Vehicular Battle Royale - MMORPG.com News

Daybreak Games is introducing a new gameplay mode to H1Z1 called Auto Royale, its unique twist on the battle royale genre. The goal is, of course, to be the last car driving. During Auto Royale, up to 30 teams of four players each are challenged to "out-drive, out-shoot and out-last the competition". To do so, players will cruise the map looking for weapons, consumables and power ups...and send the competition to the junkyard.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ianicusianicus Member UncommonPosts: 665
    if this isnt a death rattle I dont know what is.
    "Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said…’I’m too drunk to taste this chicken." - Ricky Bobby
  • BananaSoupBananaSoup Member UncommonPosts: 180
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    This is what i have been saying for awhile,devs trying to create cash flow with no effort.DBG is still to me an oddity,with the obvious failure of EQ NExt and SOE losing tons of money,why would this operation buy the games.
    Did they think they could simply cut expenses and have some magical formula to turn a losing entity into a money making machine,no way could they be that dumb,so there is more to this operation than meets the eye.
    When Smedley was still there,he made it clear he wanted a mobile game,so if one was started we would have surely heard about it,so my hunch,they are doing nothing but sitting on the few games they have ,hoping to make some of their money back,then my guess,fold up shop.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• kaz350kaz350 Member UncommonPosts: 130
    lol this is actually a legit idea....this is a poor attempt though.

I could surely see a Twisted Metal + Battle Royale working out pretty well lol. Need to shoot for 150 players instead of the standard 100 though
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

Wizardry said:

This is what i have been saying for awhile,devs trying to create cash flow with no effort.DBG is still to me an oddity,with the obvious failure of EQ NExt and SOE losing tons of money,why would this operation buy the games.
    Did they think they could simply cut expenses and have some magical formula to turn a losing entity into a money making machine,no way could they be that dumb,so there is more to this operation than meets the eye.
    When Smedley was still there,he made it clear he wanted a mobile game,so if one was started we would have surely heard about it,so my hunch,they are doing nothing but sitting on the few games they have ,hoping to make some of their money back,then my guess,fold up shop.

I'm with you. I dont understand the thought process behind DB buying this sad division from Sony. I was hoping they would add new life to some of the games but they seem content to just let the games stagnate. This new content is weak and when you compare the number of players to PUBG and Fortnite it clearly shows this H1Z1 was a terrible game. They can not blame the genre since other BattleRoyal games are doing so well compared to their game.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Cheap clone of PUBG?
    kertin
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    For everyone on here wondering why we don't see more innovative games, look up. 
    strangeside[Deleted User]

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Idk, the trailer looks pretty awesome...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7&v=qH1uhHPzMCE

If it is good, it's only a matter of time before it gets ripped off like king of the kill did.
    --------------------------------------------
  • CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Its cool they are offering Battle Royal with a twist, however I dont think its enough to bring back the 91% of their player base back who left for PUBG and Fortnite.
    Arskaaa
  • LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327

Man, you guys are rough on games in this forum.  It's really not as bad as you all are making it out to be.  There is some fun to be had there.

[Deleted User]
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    If vehicles work the same way as in PUBG, you'll be luck to not blow up on a rock
  • sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 766

Renoaku said:

Cheap clone of PUBG?

dont forget minecraft hunger games, thats a PUBG rip off too. . .
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    There's a game designed just for this coming soon - www.notmycar.com
    CrazKanuk

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Or you could just play Notmycar...

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• budbundybudbundy Member UncommonPosts: 13
    I would rather see it used on a Mad Max IP and have a death race format.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited March 2018
    CrazKanuk said:
    Eh, as Bill mentioned, another dev team was already creating this very idea, only they haven't released it as one game, abandoned development for another version, only to be objectively inferior to the very first round of competition they got.

There's a good reason to be skeptical that this is something worth watching, and if Not My Car clearly started development first, it isn't a ridiculous position to take to think DBG is trying to steal that thunder.  If I'm not mistaken, Not My Car was definitely announced first, at least (to my knowledge).  Is there evidence that DBG was developing this first?  If not, the innovators here aren't DBG.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    CrazKanuk said:
    Eh, as Bill mentioned, another dev team was already creating this very idea, only they haven't released it as one game, abandoned development for another version, only to be objectively inferior to the very first round of competition they got.

There's a good reason to be skeptical that this is something worth watching, and if Not My Car clearly started development first, it isn't a ridiculous position to take to think DBG is trying to steal that thunder.  If I'm not mistaken, Not My Car was definitely announced first, at least (to my knowledge).  Is there evidence that DBG was developing this first?  If not, the innovators here aren't DBG.
    How dare you use logic and facts to invalidate the stuff that Craz posts!  You sir, are a realist and we will have none of your facts and logic here on this forum!  Prepare yourself for a retaliatory post from Craz filled with hyperbole and sarcasm.  You have been warned!!!!! 
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD