Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trion Announces Defiance 2050, a Recreation of the Original Game from the Ground Up - Defiance - MMO

Comments

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Defiance is only shooter what I playing i ll try new game for sure
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Sorry people, but this is Trion we are talking about.  Expect to get milked by the monetization.  Kind of funny people think Trion can make a decent game.  Joke is on you.

AlbatroesAlomarWhiteshade92aliven
  • BrianflipsideBrianflipside Member CommonPosts: 2
    You have received an infraction at Defiance Forums
    Dear edispilfnairb,

You've received an infraction for violating our Trion Community Guidelines for the following reason: Do not provoke or troll other members.

Do not provoke or troll other members.

Our goal is to create a healthy community that is fun and welcoming to all, with as little inappropriate behavior as possible: this is one of our ways to discourage it.

Due to a variety of factors, including past violation history and severity of the violation, you may have earned a temporary suspension with this infraction. If you've got any questions regarding this message or its contents, please feel free to contact [email protected].

---

Original Post:
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?p=2078843
    Quote Originally Posted by Samali1212 View Post
    They simply dont care about players who spent their hours&cash ... as long as they dont fix their mistakes im not going to play defiance too...
    They haven’t fixed anything in 5 years. They continually slap their paying customers on the face. They provide subpar customer support. There is almost non exsistent communication about what is really going on 90 percent of the time. And all the players that don’t invest a dime will surely play on the new FTP. But that is a huge mistake on Trions part for you see they are a business. And the people that pay “ aka spend money” are the customers. The other 50 percent are just along for the ride. The F2P customers that spend 0 to extremely little money will not keep their game alive. And after this decision on Trions part gets more attention that will be the “only” people left playing their game. How’s that business model going to thrive?? Lol
    Regards,
    Trion Moderation Team

Delete this Message
    To delete this message, check the appropriate option below and then click the 'Delete this Message' button.
    Delete this Message

My Messages
    Inbox
    Sent Items
    Send New Message
    Track Messages
    Edit Folders
    My Subscriptions
    Subscriptions
    List Subscriptions
    Edit Folders
    My Settings
    My Profile My Profile
    Edit Profile
    Edit Profile Picture
    Edit Avatar
    My Account My Account
    Edit Email & Password
    General Settings
    Edit Ignore List
    Networking Networking
    Contacts
    Event Reminders
    Forums Miscellaneous
    Attachments
    marksteele
  • BrianflipsideBrianflipside Member CommonPosts: 2
    The above is how their company operates and treats their player base. Any time you voice you opinion they ban you for trolling. This is the treatment you get after 5 years of playing and spending 12k on their game.
    Kyleranaliven
  • RosenborgRosenborg Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Torval said:
    To me the game also felt too directed by the TV series and never took off on its own creative path.
    I played the game when it launched but not much after, so I have no idea of the direction it went after the show ended. 

But the game actually did direct the series as well. In the series they originally wanted people riding horses but in the game it wasn't possible, so they didn't do that in the series either.

The concept of series/game was cool though.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Image result for spider sense tingling
  • DijonCyanideDijonCyanide Member UncommonPosts: 586
    Certainly something to keep eyes on.  Trion seems to be on their "game" as of late.
    I enjoyed my time in Defiance , till they added the P2W Cash Shop , lets hope they dont add that again , and i wonder if they will do anything to compenaste the players that spent so much money on Defiance .. Only to see its upcoming demise ..
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Scorchien said:

I enjoyed my time in Defiance , till they added the P2W Cash Shop , lets hope they dont add that again , and i wonder if they will do anything to compenaste the players that spent so much money on Defiance .. Only to see its upcoming demise ..

Players who spend bunch of money trying to win games get what they deserve, not much sympathy here.
    Scorchien

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited February 2018
    Kyleran said:

Scorchien said:

Players who spend bunch of money trying to win games get what they deserve, not much sympathy here.
    Altho i have the same sentiment and agree with you , the right thing to do here is give them something .. They did carry there game and spent there money in good faith ..

But this is Trion we are dealing with , they barley even lube the communtiy before they fuck it
    Kyleran
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    edited February 2018
    Not sure why they'd want to remake Defiance. They had to limit it based on what they could do on TV, and it's kind of like making Ex-Girlfriend 2.0. Sure, they may have changed, but as soon as you experience a little of the stuff that disappointed you before it will be bye bye again. I'm not confident they can change the game significantly enough to make it as much as, if not more appealing than say Warframe. And I don't' even think Warframe is that great XD
  • kartoolkartool Member UncommonPosts: 520
    I'm kind of looking forward to it. Defiance had some potential but felt very rushed. 
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Ozmodan said:
    Sorry people, but this is Trion we are talking about.  Expect to get milked by the monetization.  Kind of funny people think Trion can make a decent game.  Joke is on you.

Matters of opinion.  I'm sorry ppl, but I do think that Trion can make good games and not so good ones.  No company has all 'stellar' games.  It's just not possible to get it right every time.  

As far as monetization is concerned, I hope you realize that the biggest monetization kerfuffle with Trion deals with a game that they did, indeed, not make.

I self identify as a monkey.

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    mgilbrtsn said:
    Ozmodan said:

Matters of opinion.  I'm sorry ppl, but I do think that Trion can make good games and not so good ones.  No company has all 'stellar' games.  It's just not possible to get it right every time.  

As far as monetization is concerned, I hope you realize that the biggest monetization kerfuffle with Trion deals with a game that they did, indeed, not make.

Yeah I try to forget about RIFT too, especially with that $100 lootbox they tried to peddle. Man sure glad we can just ignore facts.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Will be tough to critique Trion's use of words because i left Defiance so fast ,i can barely remember anything but the starter map.Video shows us NOTHING,zilch.

However reading between the lines,it really seems Trion is choosing their words carefully and to me looks liek this is NOT a grounds up game but as stated "streamlined"so LESS of a game and seems to be clamouring talk of more players in one zone.Well that won't change the game at all and this use of the phrase,doing it for the players is nice pr but i call BS.
    What is likely really happening besides removing enough stuff to get more players in one spot,is a few stat changes and a few other changes to systems already in place.

A grounds up means remove old systems and work in better ones because the game i am shocked is still in existence.They simply need to build a better game and having seen recent additions like Trove and AR,it doesn't look like this team puts a lot of work into anything.

This like so many other struggling developers is just another cash grab and some good pr to try and stir up interest.

If there is more than a smokescreen here,then shows us,tell us what these chagnes are instead of hinting and trying to be covert.

So here is my overview:Streamlined and turning it into another PUB G type game and hoping it sells,and it won't.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• DavodtheTuttDavodtheTutt Member UncommonPosts: 415
    I remember getting excited about Defiance, getting in on the Beta, looking forward to the TV show and the tie-ins... I enjoyed the show at first, but was totally disappointed as far as the game tie-ins went. Different area of the country, of course different people too, different sort of situation... there was only one alien race you could play.... and it was more of shooter than RPG, in that shooting was pretty much all there was to do besides watching cutscenes, and there was no getting around the need to be a really good shooter.

The TV show reached a climax that would have been a pretty good place to quit, except they spoiled it, and after that it just kept getting more and more dark, nasty and depressing.
  • WyrdsoulWyrdsoul Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Looking forward to this. Have been playing original for years. 
  • PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623
    interesting
  • Jrich_cpJrich_cp Member UncommonPosts: 63
    This competes with The Division, Warframe, Destiny 2, and soon to be Anthem. Destiny 2 aint doing so great. The Division aint doing so great. Warframe is still going pretty strong since their new patch for people who currently play it, but not so much for new players. Anthem is already being wrote off by a lot of players because of EA (though I am still super excited to fly around and shoot stuff (just hope its not a dissapointment like Aions flying combat was)). So, they have a real chance here to make a mark in the pve shooter mmo market.

An advantage or disadvantage that Defiance has is its ties with the tv show. Im not talking about basing it on if the show was good or not, but more that you can feel like you have a connection with that world because you saw it on tv. I have no idea what the world of Anthem is gonna be like and I definitely like the idea of discovery and something new, but there is something to be said about something familiar to help you feel more connected to the world.

A lot of people give Trion crap, but Im an optimist and like to give people the benefit of the doubt. I know gamers are tired of being burned by hype and excitement just to be let down (Wildstar?) and dont want to be victims of bad cash shops (Battlefront 2?). But I think these companies are starting to realize more and more how important it is to get the cash shop right (Is Disney pulling Star Wars from EA---cause that would be a learning experience for everyone who makes games I would think).

Also think of all that Trion can learn from the previous mentioned shooters. They can see what did and didnt work and make adjustments to what they feel would make a good game.

What Im saying is, I dont think they are naive. They have a small window before Anthem comes out (assuming Anthem dominates the market and doesnt flop) to make a great game. If they fail, then they fail. But Ill the game speak for itself when it comes out.
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    Don't get too excited people, this is Trion Worlds we're talking about. In other words don't expect lots of content updates or bug fixes, or devs that make the effort to communicate with their playerbase.

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    So I mentioned this to a friend of mine and this is what he said: "Trion noticed that secret world legends made bank re-making their game from the "ground up" forcing everyone to start over and re-purchase microtransactions and realized its easy money"

Why do I feel he's right?

I just hope they don't make it too pay2win, like I really hate when lockboxes that drop in game and have to be opened with something from the cash shop. Because they tend to move anything worth using into those cash shop key boxes, while the take them out of the normal drops. I also hope if they do this, they make it like a loot-em-up. Borderlands ish and such. I like killing stuff in the chance of getting a nice weapon or armor part. Even moreso if the stats on it are very randomized other than maybe the weapon/armors base atk/def.

Be neat if it was like how Sword Art Onlime: Fatal Bullet did it, with guns being from normal to legendary, and higher up it is the more mods it has, the other thing it did was let you use another weapon as a material to customize said mods as well, to change them or boost the ones already on it if the material weapon had a copy of it.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Honestly even with how Trion took a lot of their cash shop ideas, I still look forward to this. I had a large amount of fun with the original defiance, but the lack of things to do really held it back for me. It was still really fun while it lasted. Plus the show (while cheesy) was entertaining. 
  • RolleZRolleZ Member UncommonPosts: 42
    I hope they add a FOV slider this time.
  • TakodanTakodan Member UncommonPosts: 161
    edited February 2018
    To be honest i'm surprised by this move. I loved the series and enjoyed the game. But after the series got discontinued i always assumed the game would disappear too. I only played for a few months from start so not sure how the current game is faring? I just hope the series will make a triumphant return. ^^
  • kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044
    edited February 2018
    Trion have to do something since AA is a a dead man walking, Devillian is no more and I expect Trove income in not enough to keep the share-holders happy. Still, it keeps dev's in a job which is always a good thing.

Between this and Rift Prime, they should get a cash injection, but Trion being Trion, they'll likely try some AA shenanigans and kill both anyway.

I'm interested in trying Rift Prime though since I haven't played it yet. It will scratch my itch until Bless hits Steam.