Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Prime Progression Server to Launch on March 7th - Rift - MMORPG.com

123457»

Comments

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I'll probably try it.  I played when it first came out and had a good time.  They said this was mostly meant to bring in new and old gamers who had left long ago.  That most of their regulars might login just to look around and but not stay long.
    [Deleted User]

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• AllerleirauhAllerleirauh Member UncommonPosts: 496
    edited February 2018
    Kefo said:
    Was excited because I loved Rift when it was first released then I remembered that Trion sucks as a company now so wont touch this with a 10 foot pole.
    I think Trion does great job as a company, they just suck running archage. Rift is an aamzing game and support has always been great for Rift.
    Yeah, this where the Trion hate all started. People are still butthurt over it, yeah, ArcheAge was ruined, but Trion doesn't have complete control over it like they do with Rift. Now, you can absolutely blame Trion 100% if it has to do with Rift, but not ArcheAge.

"End of Nations, Devilian and Defiance would like a word with you" ~ Pemmin

Again, that wasn't just Trion's decision; it was Bluehole's as well. I think it was Bluehole that called it quits after the success of PUBG.

I'm not defending Trion, but they were not the only one making the decisions. I enjoyed playing Devilian, and I was disappointed when they announced that the game would be discontinued.
    Currently Playing: Path of Exile

"I have found a desire within myself that no experience in this world can satisfy; the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." ~ C. S. Lewis
  • aCi11i3saCi11i3s Member UncommonPosts: 54
    Wowzers. A gaming company that finally gets it. Sub is the only way to fully deliver without greed and the inevitable suckage setting in.
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    aCi11i3s said:
    Wowzers. A gaming company that finally gets it. Sub is the only way to fully deliver without greed and the inevitable suckage setting in.
    Every company is all about the money, is worst when got investors in the mix. Then need to be more greedy to make investors happy.
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Kefo said:
    Was excited because I loved Rift when it was first released then I remembered that Trion sucks as a company now so wont touch this with a 10 foot pole.
    I think Trion does great job as a company, they just suck running archage. Rift is an aamzing game and support has always been great for Rift.
    Yeah, this where the Trion hate all started. People are still butthurt over it, yeah, ArcheAge was ruined, but Trion doesn't have complete control over it like they do with Rift. Now, you can absolutely blame Trion 100% if it has to do with Rift, but not ArcheAge.

"End of Nations, Devilian and Defiance would like a word with you" ~ Pemmin

Again, that wasn't just Trion's decision; it was Bluehole's as well. I think it was Bluehole that called it quits after the success of PUBG.

I'm not defending Trion, but they were not the only one making the decisions. I enjoyed playing Devilian, and I was disappointed when they announced that the game would be discontinued.
    lol my "Trion hate" started when they screwed over Rift with the ftp monetization model. I tried to still love the game that they were slowly destroying but in the end I left. And yes I realize why they would want to go f2p, still doesn't change my opinion.

Is Trion 100% responsible for what happened to Archeage? No but they did mislead the community about how much control they could exert over XL games to change features for a western audience and after patch 1.0 hit, P2W started and the rampant hacking and botting that was it for me.
  • DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081

Funny how Blizzard has been asked for Vanilla servers for years, yet Trion beat them :P

Blizzard isn't that desperate, and has no need to be.

Paying for the privilege of playing a game before it was destroyed to the point where they had to change their business model so radically... Seems icky to me.